It's a pleasure to meet you!

Forum for all those generous people

Moderators: Registered Users, Banned Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation, GOA

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Lairiodd wrote:Ok, we have tracked down the issue. The problem was using a password longer than 6 characters was causing the server connection to fail. We have fixed it so that any length password will work. Though, it shouldn't affect the forwarder.
hehe I see.. so my using a strong password was an issue... trust me to make things more complicated than they should be ;)
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

[quote="Takitothemacs"]hehe I see.. so my using a strong password was an issue... trust me to make things more complicated than they should be ]

It was an accident :), we weren't trying to encourage weak passwords.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

settings:

Takitothemacs

xxxxxxxxx

takit@4dc.co.uk ......(yes I have access to AD to set up whatever email address I want on any of our domains so set one up specifically for mail forwards from forums :D)
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired

Mid Avalon - Retired
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

It should work now, did you try again ?

You don't actually need to enter a password for the forwarder as you don't login to our mail server.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Camlann

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

never mind it for now... Ill have another go later... was just trying the create new email thingy... probably making myself look more stupid by doing something so completely dumb it is unbelieveable!
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired

Mid Avalon - Retired
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Regarding Donor name colours...

It occurred to me that if Prydwen Net is used by players from Albion, Hibernia and Midgard, donors may wish to choose a colour for their name associated with the realm in which they predominantly play, i.e. red, green and blue, respectively.

The fact that Mods use red might pose a problem, however. So I'm wondering if Mods might change their colour to something neutral (e.g. Purple), then red could be added to the choice of colours for donors. Also, the green needs to be made less bright... it is too sickly as it is. I suggest a darker shade of green like the one in the example of my name below.

Also, another suggestion... perhaps donors' names could be in a different font also... as a designer, I would suggest something attractive, like Times New Roman Bold Italic, size 5, e.g. Gandelf

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

The colour for admins isn't exactly red (dd176b). FF0000 would be bright red. It is slightly in the direction of magenta :p (which is purple). Super-mods are already purple.

Also, I added the ability to switch the font to times new roman and italic.
Prydwen
Camlann

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Lairiodd wrote:The colour for admins isn't exactly red (dd176b). FF0000 would be bright red. It is slightly in the direction of magenta :p (which is purple). Super-mods are already purple.

Also, I added the ability to switch the font to times new roman and italic.

That's what I call service!

Return to “Donor's Forum”