33%
No
67%

Total votes: 12

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Worth keeping the site running

Post by Lairiodd »

Was just wondering what people's views were.

The hosting plan that I bought runs out at the end of August (or so), and I am trying to decide if I should renew it. In fact, I didn't really get it for prydwen.net, was going to use it for something else.

Anyway, the poll requires that people actually log in to vote :p, so I will see if the 9 or so "guests" are actually people reading the threads who just couldn't be bothered to login, or are just spiders that are indexing the site for search engines :).

With WAR come and gone, it isn't likely that there is any later event that will cause an up-tick in viewers. (AoC actually created a larger up-tick).

The main benefit with keeping the site online is for something like that. It means if people from the community want to organise in a new game, there is a meeting place. I don't know if there are any future games that might cause the same effect.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Killder
Emerald Rider

Post by Killder »

Sad to see its demise but just look at recent posts dates ....

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

It's been a great shot and i'll never cease to thanks Lair and Co to keep it up for so long, even in dire traffic shape :)
Nfd is reforming on Daoc Usa for the Mother Cluster and will surely play there for a while, but honestly, Prydwen is long dead and so it's the Community.
Sure it's nice to see some1 coming back now and then and posting an "Hello how ya doing" thread but apart that it seems to me that the site ceased to be useful long time ago. doh:

/Wave to all the Prydwenites and long life to us all!
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

stargate worlds or star trek might cause the same community but those games wont be out for aaages :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

I pop on here every now and then and the post count is so low you really should either save your money or do something else here.

I am as sentimental as anyone but anything else would be daft.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

It will be sad to see it go - but it makes sense to close it.

You did such a wonderful job keeping it up and running - we all owe our gratitude to you for that!

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Sardine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sardine »

It's sad to say but this place has become a graveyard with few visitors helplessly seaching for their lost ones. All this place does now is help us to reminicse over old times. The enthusiasm for the current game has gone and prydwen.net should have a decent burial in it's own graveyard. =[
gone...

Etharion
Emerald Rider

Post by Etharion »

Kinda agree with the above. I drop by every now and then to see if there are some new posts, but lately there aren't many. It's not worth it to spent money to keep the site running for only a handful of people imo.

zanski
Emerald Rider

Post by zanski »

/wave

Just one question before it ends..what and where is everyone playing?? I am boooooored and looking for sommin to do, people to annoy and all that jazz :-)

Zanski x x
Warhammer ~ K8P

Zanski~Sorc~R40/RR49
Zanni~Zealot~R32/RR27

can be found wondering the streets of Praag...

DAOC ~Prydwen

Zanski~Manachanter~L50
Shimmie~Ranger~L50
Shimm~Druid~L50
Zans~BB~L50

sleeping for now but hopefully not forever...

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Have to agree with the rest. Just pop in now and then and mostly nothing new. Spend the money on something else and we can end an erra. Should have a shoutbox closing party tho or something like that
finland:
holland:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”