omg a DAOC topic - patch 1.88

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

I find myself asking who will actually profit from this.
I'm might be making some wrong assumptions here, but...
Most of the toons with lots of BPs probably already have their MLs & arties.
Most of the toons missing MLs & arties probably don't have tons of BPs.
Most rerolls/new-players (lol!) will be screwed as they won't be able to get their MLs & arties done the traditional way due to lack of a willing zerg & won't have or be able to get any BPs to buy them with as they don't have the necessary MLs & arties.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Dardalion wrote:Anything they do to make ToA less painful is good imo bleh:
Orly? and you propose that all peeps with low rr toons and no ml are likely to get their stuff sorted in RvR on Dyvet or any other pvp server? heh not likely.

Opted groups will just pwn as per normal and no one else will get a look in unless they camp the usual sites and slog at it :s
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Dardalion wrote:Way to go over-reaction .... /clap clap
not really dard, you forget this game is meant to be played in groups and not solo, pve is pretty much a solo thang these days unless it is toa, otherwise peeps cba so no i think you over reacted tbh.
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

chabio
Emerald Rider

Post by chabio »

I dont think mythic have thought out the long time repercussions that this patch amendment will entail. It appears like a short term fix, which is worrying to be honest. Maybe they dont see the durability of DAOC either.

The idea of extra xp and money in the Shrouded Isle was one of their better Ideas, as people are actually visiting the area and even grouping up. I see this more of a positive way to go.
:ranger: Aiming to please..

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

Arcsalin wrote:not really dard, you forget this game is meant to be played in groups and not solo, pve is pretty much a solo thang these days unless it is toa, otherwise peeps cba so no i think you over reacted tbh.

Where did i say anything about grp's & solo-ing ?, i still stand by the over-reaction statement i made.

Has anyone who is doom & gloom bothered to look at how much stuff costs with bp's ?

I have 2 accounts with the following lvl 50's .. Hero, Ranger, Druid (x2), Ani, Champ, Shade, Vamp, Bard, Chanter & Bainshee. I may even have a few more 50's i've forgotten.

My enchanter, druid (x1) & ranger are all templated & ML10 & CL5

Most of the rest of toons have a few arti's between them & are basically between ML0 & ml3(except my vamp is ml6 & my hero is ml8)

Now my hero & vamp need a little finishing off which will never happen now, because if i can help it i will never go another ml run again, i dont care if they are easier now, i hate them, i dont like scroll farming either but will do a bit if i have too, now if this patch 1.88 makes it easier for me to finish my vamp & hero & gives all the rest of my toons a nudge in the right direction then its all good in my opinion, i dont think for a minute Mythic will make it so you can buy all your arti's, ML's & Cl's from BP's but even if they did, if you managed to do that, then you probably deserve it tbh.

Finally, just to give you an idea, my Animist has 298 BP's My shade has 930 BP's & My hero has 7440, My ani has no ML's, no Arties & no CL's, my shade has ML2, 4 arties & no CL's, my hero is templated, ML8 & CL 5. Now explain to me how im gonna instawtfpwn a template, ML's & CL's on my Ani or shade ?
I maybe able to finish my hero but thats about it, is that so wrong or bad?

ps, cant comment on the vamp's BP's coz i forgot to look when i just looked thru my toons.
Fighting Enviro-crime irl 8-)

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

TBH the only way they could tempt me out to the frontiers again would be if they made it possible to get to RR5 in the PvE zones - say 50k (better 100k) RPs per bubble XP over L50. Then I would have a few RR5 toons which I might take out to get ganked a few times. RvRing with a RR2-3 toon against RR7+ toons is an exercise in pure masochism, & the RvR missions are (a) crap RPs & (b) mostly camped by bored gankers these days.

Until that time I'll stick to PvE or quit.

I would have been too ashamed to make this suggestion pre-1.88a, but now that RvRers can get all the PvE goodies by RvRing I don't think it's too much to expect the same treatment for PvEers.
-
-

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

OohhoO wrote:TBH the only way they could tempt me out to the frontiers again would be if they made it possible to get to RR5 in the PvE zones - say 50k (better 100k) RPs per bubble XP over L50. Then I would have a few RR5 toons which I might take out to get ganked a few times. RvRing with a RR2-3 toon against RR7+ toons is an exercise in pure masochism, & the RvR missions are (a) crap RPs & (b) mostly camped by bored gankers these days.

Until that time I'll stick to PvE or quit.

I would have been too ashamed to make this suggestion pre-1.88a, but now that RvRers can get all the PvE goodies by RvRing I don't think it's too much to expect the same treatment for PvEers.
lol, you & me born to disagree :o

Getting rp's from pve is a big no no imo, cant see the point at all.

Even on pryd/excal 2 of the bg's (thid & molvik) have usually been populated enough for a toon to get up to RR3 so it is possible to have some rp's under your belt before heading out into the frontier & even if the bg's arent your cup of tea you can always grp with some mates. Also as you pointed out there are missions to do, you get rp's for defending keeps / towers & you get rp's for repairing stuff.

On more populated servers its possible to visit more BG's & get RR5 before you head out to the frontiers ( i think, not sure on CV cap tbh). The fact this doesnt happen on dyvet is nothing to do with game mechanics, its purely down to population issues.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Dardalion wrote:lol, you & me born to disagree :o

Getting rp's from pve is a big no no imo, cant see the point at all.

Even on pryd/excal 2 of the bg's (thid & molvik) have usually been populated enough for a toon to get up to RR3 so it is possible to have some rp's under your belt before heading out into the frontier & even if the bg's arent your cup of tea you can always grp with some mates. Also as you pointed out there are missions to do, you get rp's for defending keeps / towers & you get rp's for repairing stuff.

On more populated servers its possible to visit more BG's & get RR5 before you head out to the frontiers ( i think, not sure on CV cap tbh). The fact this doesnt happen on dyvet is nothing to do with game mechanics, its purely down to population issues.
wrong wrong wrong

The last 7 toons I levelled to L50 (let's say 3-4 months) there was never anyone at all in Molvik.
Leirvik was only populated until they introduced CV, & since then both Leirvik & CV have been almost completely empty.
CV cap is 4L9 which still 117 assassination tasks to RR5, & since those tasks are now usually camped by bored gankers it would be impossible with tasks even assuming there might ever be anyone there, which there isn't.

If RvRers are getting their freebie PvE goodies it's only fair that PvEers get freebie RvR goodies too, on top of which it would be good for RvR as it would encourage more PvEers to try out real RvR if they actually had even the remotest chance of getting something out of it apart from pure frustration.
-
-

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

Like i said, you & me born to disagree, cant see how spending bountypoints to fill in your template is anywhere near as bad as giving everyone a free ride to RR5.

Still each to there own.

Oh & btw the last few toons ive leveled to 50 i have seen peeps in thid & molvik but as i said in my previous post, thats a population issue its got sod all to do with game mechanics etc etc.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Dardalion wrote:Like i said, you & me born to disagree, cant see how spending bountypoints to fill in your template is anywhere near as bad as giving everyone a free ride to RR5.
don't you mean ... as good as giving everyone a free ride to RR5?

& I wouldn't call PvEing to 50.100 a free ride personally.

Think how good it might be for the game!
Loads more noobs like me in the frontiers giving free RPs for a week or two before we get frustrated again & go back to PvE! You never know... Some of them might even be able to develop a taste for masochism & stay as RvRers!
-
-

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”