omg a DAOC topic - patch 1.88

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Labbe
Emerald Rider

Post by Labbe »

OohhoO wrote:don't you mean ... as good as giving everyone a free ride to RR5?

& I wouldn't call PvEing to 50.100 a free ride personally.
Sorry to say this but your personal view on a free ride doesn't affect the rest of us... most people nowdays powerlevel their chars in less then 1 day played. And it's a fact that this change will bring more people out in the front wether you like it or not. Most of them will accept the fact that they will get steamrolled, 'outskilled' and zerged to death. I know that there is several people that likes to zerg like maniacs before they have their char fully complete with mls,artis etc.

In my opinion it's a good change.
OohhoO wrote: The last 7 toons I levelled to L50 (let's say 3-4 months) there was never anyone at all in Molvik.
Leirvik was only populated until they introduced CV, & since then both Leirvik & CV have been almost completely empty.
CV cap is 4L9 which still 117 assassination tasks to RR5, & since those tasks are now usually camped by bored gankers it would be impossible with tasks even assuming there might ever be anyone there, which there isn't.
Maybe because there is no point of going there? the effort vs the gain it too little? Atleast now people will have the chance to rvr with a proper gain.
Mid/Lyonesse
Mermeria - Healer
Slakt - Thane
Alb/Avalon
Labbs - Cabalist
Labben - Cleric
Huggz - Infil

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Labbe wrote:... And it's a fact that this change will bring more people out in the front wether you like it or not...
On what exactly do you base this incontrovertible "fact"?
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Should have made this 2 years ago imo, anyway will prolly be an incentive to go out more in RvR, hence a good move.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Labbe
Emerald Rider

Post by Labbe »

OohhoO wrote:On what exactly do you base this incontrovertible "fact"?
Call it precognition if you like..
Let's discuss this further when the patch is implented.

For some people this patch won't fit in their world of daoc. But for most it will suit them perfectly.
Mid/Lyonesse
Mermeria - Healer
Slakt - Thane
Alb/Avalon
Labbs - Cabalist
Labben - Cleric
Huggz - Infil

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Gahn wrote:Should have made this 2 years ago imo, anyway will prolly be an incentive to go out more in RvR, hence a good move.
Well I'll agree with you on that.
If they were going to blur the boundaries between PvE & RvR this dramatically they should have done it long enough ago for it to have had a chance to make a real difference.

I don't think there will be more people out in RvR tho.
The ones who like RvR as it is atm are already out there.
For the ones who don't, nothing has changed for the better.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Well, all i can say is that I hope you guys are enjoying yourselves there, really wish i was back now tbh, i had planned to be well back months ago :s
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Selenia wrote:Raking in BP's? Not really. You get 60 bps per seal and it's highly possible that it takes you anything up to an hour if you're really unlucky to farm 1. The alternative is to buy them but then again you need to be ultra rich to buy them as they're priced at around 5-6 plat for 10.

In any case, according to reports Gaheris wont be privy to the new BP reward system, which I myself am a bit pee'd off about.
Why? Surely if you play on a PvE server it's a bit daft to be pee'd off at not being able to not PvE for awards :p ?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Selenia
Emerald Rider

Post by Selenia »

Xest wrote:Why? Surely if you play on a PvE server it's a bit daft to be pee'd off at not being able to not PvE for awards :p ?
What I'm mostly pee'd off about is the fact that in Mythic's infinite wisdom we can turn in BP's for champ level XP or Master Level xp, or even bounty point ROG rewards (which incidentally on a PvE server means that the server is abound with them and that the ones offered are pointless standing against the stuff out there) but they wont *give you the choice* to be able to buy Master Level steps because it goes against the mythos of the server? So let me get this straight, you can *buy* Champ XP instead of having to PvE for it, but you can't buy Master Level steps, even the option of buying the "no brainer zergfest" steps because it would destroy a PvE server?

I don't understand the logic. But anyway, this isn't relevant to you guys as it's based on the co-op server.
Selenia Blackstaff:selenia:
50th Season Void Eldritch
RR6, Silver Hand, Legendary Spellcrafter, 1xxx

Phear the tr3b!!!!11 (x2)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Mythic's fear is probably that if people just bought credit there'd be no groups for ML steps on coop which would defeat the point of the server I guess, yet on the real servers it maybe less of an issue for some reason or another. Perhaps it's population related? Gaheris is one of the most underpopulated servers now right? Maybe they think the larger servers can take the hit of less people doing MLs the old fashioned way.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Mambopoa

Post by Mambopoa »

I like this change a lot.

After 4 years of mainly pve on hib, I don't want to go through that all again on Mid, I have done my pve and its RvR I am more interested.

Even with the ML zergs, you need to sit infront of your computer for 15 hours etc. That is just too much for me these days.

I never liked the ML stuff that much, I had some bad experiences with it at the start and have avoided it since.

Only other change would be to make ML stuff eaiser, so 1fg (semi random) can do the whole lot.

So I hope very much they go ahead with this.
Mambopoa,Awod,Xebecs,Dowa,Bearian.
Some how ended up as a Wild Hunter

Now on the other side of the pond. USA :D

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”