AC raids GOA start a discussion:

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Question: If your DAoC subscription gives you the right to play the game how you like, at any time of the day, every day, then would it be a breach of contract for Mythic/GOA to lock the game overnight to prevent AC raids?

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

No it wouldn't, Game experience may vary over time, or what they hell it say. Gives them pretty much the ability to make changes to the game. For example put in a rule that there have to be at least a certain number of people online in a realm to be able to get in to a relic keep or something like that.
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Gandelf wrote:Question: If your DAoC gives you the right to play the game how you like, at any time of the day, every day, then would it be a breach of contract for Mythic/GOA to lock the game overnight to prevent AC raids?
That's why I think Guards should be buffed. It is a 24 hour game and people should be able to take relics 24 hours a day. BUT it should be as much of a challenge as taking the relics Prime time.

Why should the majority not be able to take part in relic defences because they are all asleep?

My view is that the reason the a/c raids are so emotive is because, to butcher a Churchill Quote, "Never in the field of MMORPG conflict have so many been pissed off so much by so few" :)

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Tbh, I don't see that buffed guards as the solution. That will just mean more peeps coming on AC raid and thus annulling the solution. I am not decrying what you say there Ovi. In principle it is a good idea but in the long term it fails badly....sorry dood :(
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Arcsalin wrote:Tbh, I don't see that buffed guards as the solution. That will just mean more peeps coming on AC raid and thus annulling the solution. I am not decrying what you say there Ovi. In principle it is a good idea but in the long term it fails badly....sorry dood :(
But the point is if they are prepared to get enough people on an AC raid then fair play they deserve the relics.

The problem is that it was possible to take relics with 1fg, which is possible with no organisation, just people playing at their usual, albeit unsocial, hours.

As I said, it isn't ideal, I have yet to see a better alternative.

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Ovi wrote:But the point is if they are prepared to get enough people on an AC raid then fair play they deserve the relics.

The problem is that it was possible to take relics with 1fg, which is possible with no organisation, just people playing at their usual, albeit unsocial, hours.

As I said, it isn't ideal, I have yet to see a better alternative.
For starters i'd say, since Mythic stated that Relic battles should be HUGE ones, that u'd need far more than 16 peeps on the pad to lower the relic from the shrine, let's say 100 uh? ^^
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

chabio
Emerald Rider

Post by chabio »

I think that most people agree that AC Raids are unhealthy for the Pryd/exc cluster server due to its lack of numbers. On most other servers, it's not so much of a problem due to people being on, around the clock.

The only solution I could think of, that wouldnt prohibit AC raids but would hinder the effect of 2fgs vs the odd defender, would be the introduction of a Royal Household guard stationed at every keep and Relic Temple in each Realm. The Royal guards ( that would be a Purple Con to 50's) killed whilst defending a keep, could then be respawned in one of the Relic Temples. This would give a Royal guard defence at a temple on average of 5 purp cons, in addition to its usual defenders. These Royal defenders wouldnt hinder a large force too much, but would deter a player-unhindered AC task force enough to make them think twice about it.

This is only an idea off the top of my head and would need looking into, in more depth if it was to work, but it has to be better than a lockdown. I personally cant see that more people will come online in the wee hours to overcome this new threat of extra guards and believe folk who argue against it are only trying to promote their own personal agendas.

The issues concerning Relics will always get reactions in some form or other from people. Although some people say the bonus doesnt matter to them, they DO make a difference to the gameplay AND that is why Mythic have put them in the game formula. There are many variables on social outlooks towards the RvR side of the game and the fundamental design is after all, suppose to bring out inate emotions of three opposing Realms at War. That is what makes the game immersive and stimulates feelings of people at war. The Forums on occasions, have tended to reflect this. Think of all the emotions you have felt whilst just playing this computer game. Is it not stimulating?. Long live Hibernia.
:ranger: Aiming to please..

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

tbh I never understood why they don't just make relic guards like, level 100 by default, then decrease by a level every 5 level 45+ players online in that realm. Means at peak time the guards drop to like level 75 - 80 which a relic raid can roll over in 1 second flat. It'd really take no longer than 5minutes to code a change like that into the game.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Sorry but as I posted on FH - Requiel's post winds me up.

This is too little too late.

I and a number of others have stated on FH that they could see AC raids causing serious server problems some time ago and this was ignored.

GOA act against TT's actions without even asking the obvious question - why did TT do what they did and why is everyone so worked up about it.

Then some weeks later Req comes and asks the question and then admits that it is entirely likely that absolutely nothing will be done as a result. At one point Req even says 'take it to mythic'.

Perhaps I am being overly cynical but this is complete crap. GOA should stop stirring up the past unless they think they can learn a lesson and actually make a change.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

Belisar wrote:Sorry but as I posted on FH - Requiel's post winds me up.

This is too little too late.

I and a number of others have stated on FH that they could see AC raids causing serious server problems some time ago and this was ignored.

GOA act against TT's actions without even asking the obvious question - why did TT do what they did and why is everyone so worked up about it.

Then some weeks later Req comes and asks the question and then admits that it is entirely likely that absolutely nothing will be done as a result. At one point Req even says 'take it to mythic'.

Perhaps I am being overly cynical but this is complete crap. GOA should stop stirring up the past unless they think they can learn a lesson and actually make a change.
Thought similair tbh, coupled with the "i'm off to italy tomorow then on holiday for 3 weeks" .... why post this now ?
Fighting Enviro-crime irl 8-)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”