AC raids GOA start a discussion:

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Gandy your as mad as a hatter!

I dunno about it all - a journalist has written about it as a small soundbite in an article about why we play games we hate. We are waiting to see if it escapes the editing process.

;)
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Xest wrote:Point is if it wasn't people waking up for the specific aim of alarm clock raids they probably wouldn't see that part of the game anyway.
True, and it is far from perfect, but I think it is a better option than locking the relics because it makes things harder, but not impossible. Thereby still maintaining the pretence of everyone having a choice, even if in reality they don't.

I would certainly look at the guard buffing before locking, if only because it is a change in the same direction, just not as far :)

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Ovi wrote:True, and it is far from perfect, but I think it is a better option than locking the relics because it makes things harder, but not impossible. Thereby still maintaining the pretence of everyone having a choice, even if in reality they don't.

I would certainly look at the guard buffing before locking, if only because it is a change in the same direction, just not as far :)

True, but in as much as some peeps admitted that they AC to piss others off directly then buffing is rly not the answer. Ok I admit that my solution is a bit harsh on the surface but I did also say that there was another way where relics can only be taken with players that have had a certain amount of realm points taken in a session of the frontiers - with PvP combat on their stats. Aint too much PvP going on in the early hours of the day so taking relics would be less likely during these hours if that pre-req was there in the first place. :)
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Arcsalin wrote:True, but in as much as some peeps admitted that they AC to piss others off directly then buffing is rly not the answer. Ok I admit that my solution is a bit harsh on the surface but I did also say that there was another way where relics can only be taken with players that have had a certain amount of realm points taken in a session of the frontiers - with PvP combat on their stats. Aint too much PvP going on in the early hours of the day so taking relics would be less likely during these hours if that pre-req was there in the first place. :)
If the guards were buffed enough it would stop people AC raiding just to piss people off, because they would have needed to get more people online, who were there just to piss people off.

The problem with relying on "realm points taken in a session of the frontiers - with PvP combat on their stats" is that relies on the other realms have people to take rp off, again taking the ability to perform an action away from a realm.

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Ovi wrote:If the guards were buffed enough it would stop people AC raiding just to piss people off, because they would have needed to get more people online, who were there just to piss people off.

The problem with relying on "realm points taken in a session of the frontiers - with PvP combat on their stats" is that relies on the other realms have people to take rp off, again taking the ability to perform an action away from a realm.

I see your point man, but no sorry, like, meaning that no relics can be taken by anyone unless they have had pvp combat in a recent time scale. Let's say this is like max 2 hour time scale and they must have had x amount of rp's before hand in those early hours of the morning before they could even anticipate/pve relics. You see what I mean? It's not a denial of the game, it's an encouragement to the spirit of the game which we have heard so much about during recent weeks. Your idea works Ovi :) but I am seeing it in a more logical way where even during this session of play that the relics are earned rather than just burned for peeps pissing each other off :)
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

It also gives incentive to reach that target like all other aspects of the game where you achieve by rights and not by lame aspects of abuse. Therefore there is less aspect and whine because peeps earned the relics by right/rules and more importantly respect because they played it in the spirit of the game. :)
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Camlann

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Arcsalin wrote:I see your point man, but no sorry, like, meaning that no relics can be taken by anyone unless they have had pvp combat in a recent time scale. Let's say this is like max 2 hour time scale and they must have had x amount of rp's before hand in those early hours of the morning before they could even anticipate/pve relics. You see what I mean? It's not a denial of the game, it's an encouragement to the spirit of the game which we have heard so much about during recent weeks. Your idea works Ovi :) but I am seeing it in a more logical way where even during this session of play that the relics are earned rather than just burned for peeps pissing each other off :)
Sorry man, but your way requires the other realm to have had people active, as I said that creates a situation where the realm is not in control of it's ability to take relics, it has to also rely on the other realms.

Whether your way is more logical or not is purely a matter of opinion, depending on whether your preferred option is for a realm to be control of it's own ability to achieve goals, or whether your preferred option is to restrict a realms ability to achieve it's goals but make sure there is some PvP requirement to obtaining relics.

I can see the logic to requiring PvP action, but I think that is an idealistic view which is limited in it's practical implementation.

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

The intention was to prevent pve relics, which is the whole point of rvr as you well know Ovi that they are meant to be gained during sessions of RvR. Even tho LoTm will change that slightly. But nm, we will see how it turns out, hopefully for the better if you are still playing the game - I am not these days :(
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Camlann

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Arcsalin wrote:The intention was to prevent pve relics, which is the whole point of rvr as you well know Ovi that they are meant to be gained during sessions of RvR. Even tho LoTm will change that slightly. But nm, we will see how it turns out, hopefully for the better if you are still playing the game - I am not these days :(
I haven't played for months :P

I know the intention is to not be able to PvE relics, and it is the right intention. I just feel that it restricts how people can play the game too much to achieve it. Esapecially if you look at extreme abuse uses of the system... With the PvP requirement, the only way to 100% guarantee not to lose relics you have? Don't RvR!

It's a similar problem I have with Eve, where often the best way to end a conflict between (Empire-based) corps is for the weaker side just to not play the game ... Not the best goal to build into a game :o

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Ovi wrote:I haven't played for months :P

I know the intention is to not be able to PvE relics, and it is the right intention. I just feel that it restricts how people can play the game too much to achieve it. Esapecially if you look at extreme abuse uses of the system... With the PvP requirement, the only way to 100% guarantee not to lose relics you have? Don't RvR!

It's a similar problem I have with Eve, where often the best way to end a conflict between (Empire-based) corps is for the weaker side just to not play the game ... Not the best goal to build into a game :o

Why did you go to Eve? I heard that was the most boring mmo ever invented :(
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Camlann

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”