i feel sick now :/

dude thats gross :(
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Quinlan wrote:That looks really bad. Like an old piece of bread with morning after stuff on it surrounded by week old salad and some salad in an ashtray..

Typicall english food i guess :p

Not even close to typical English food imo ...

At least there is some salad! :)

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Yea, I dont think the picture does it justice. Whats with that limp lettuce? Anyway, its like pussy, tastes better than it looks. Or does it look better than it tastes? Mmm, maybe i'll do a poll.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

OMG Crom... perhaps you forgot this isnt our /gu chat ;)

anyway... Ovi is absolutely right... I mean where would we be without salad... what would we get to throw at the last bus that we just missed having stopped to grab a kebab... or where would the humour be in pulling that little bag of salad out of the bag that your ruby gets delivered in and wondering why they bother to include it in the first place... and where do they get the bags they use... the plastic is so thin but oh so strong... it's surprising...
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

The lettuce apparently like any other edible green leaf is apparently able to improve your memory and brain performance overall that's to say. Heh, I guess some peeps should eat their greens more then ^^ ;)
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

[quote="Takitothemacs"]OMG Crom... perhaps you forgot this isnt our /gu chat ]

Never fear Tak, it was edited for those poor sensitive flowers who still read this forum who understand the meaning of the post, even with the colloquialism, but would be mortally offended by it.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Cromcruaich wrote:Never fear Tak, it was edited for those poor sensitive flowers who still read this forum who understand the meaning of the post, even with the colloquialism, but would be mortally offended by it.
no idea what you said but if its an adult rated comment it shouldnt be in an open area.
What you do in your guild and alliance is up to you but if your going to post elsewhere then please take other peoples views into consideration.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Aran_Thule wrote:no idea what you said but if its an adult rated comment it shouldnt be in an open area.
What you do in your guild and alliance is up to you but if your going to post elsewhere then please take other peoples views into consideration.
Problem is taking other people's views into consideration works both ways, Crom should equally have the right to say what he wants to say as long as he isn't directly attacking anyone.

People avoid saying things to offend people on a daily basis but sometimes people just feel something is worth saying, be it because they think it's amusing, because it adds strength to their comment or whatever. Personally I find censorship as offensive as most offensive comments.

This isn't to say I don't respect your (and other people's) views and have personally avoided making comments as offensive as I used to since it became apparent that some people get upset over a few words typed on a forum but I'm sure making a post telling Crom he shouldn't post something is as frustrating to him as anything he may have posted that could be offensive to you. Simply put, respect works both ways, a pleasant request in a PM to someone to remove or edit it a comment if you take offence to it is probably the safest and fairest overall solution - this is all of course just my personal opinion and not that of the forum admins/mods as a whole.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Xest wrote:Problem is taking other people's views into consideration works both ways, Crom should equally have the right to say what he wants to say as long as he isn't directly attacking anyone.

I didn't think this was about attacking anyone, it was about what I gather was some explicit sexual content. It was posted in a thread without a warning title and in an open not an 18+ section. Banana chose to remove it.

Now in my opinion there would have been no need to remove it if it was in an 18+ section, or a thread with a title that warned of dodgy content. There I accept the views of people who feel a need to post this stuff, and say they have a right to say what they like. If you post something in an open area, then people who want to avoid that stuff, or are of an inappropriate age to read it, can't avoid it unless they quit reading this forum.

Its actually an interesting ethical debate where you draw lines here. In a way I'd like to have it. I'd like to explain my position, give some real life examples, ask where people think the lines should be drawn there and why, and if there are equivalent lines to be drawn on the internet. However I don't like to start a general debate that although it isn't aimed at a particular post or person could be viewed in that way. Hardly fair or appropriate. Also, I think it would be unlikely to achieve anything.

One curious thing to me is that I have learned more new rude words and information on unusual sexual practices directly from DAOC open chat channels and DAOC related forums than I did when I lived for a year or so in a red light district, and was getting kerb crawled and harrassed by guys daily. On the whole, I would rather not have learned it. And this is despite actively trying to avoid it, not reading 18+ sections on forums, and not being in an alliance where such comments are encouraged. This sort of stuff does seem to me to have increased as the player population drops.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Aran_Thule wrote:no idea what you said but if its an adult rated comment it shouldnt be in an open area.
Plenty of swearing in main thread that hasnt been doctored, but the main active bit of prydwen is the nfd gg2 spot anyway. Im not too bothered really, anything that stirs up some posts is good, but lets be honest, your tolerances on this are pretty polarised. Now this forum is a small group of people, who is left to offend?

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”