protocol and port

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Asterixxx
Emerald Rider

protocol and port

Post by Asterixxx »

hi guys, havent been on in a while as was moving into uni. i need the protocol and port for daoc to be able to place a hole in the univeristy firewall. does anyone know what it is?

cheers
asterix2:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life, how do you go on, when in your heart you know, There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep..."
Frodo Baggins, LOTR
"All my life i have lived by a code. Honour the Gods, Love your Woman, and Defend your Country!"
Prince Hector, Troy
Gandelf wrote:Dark Age of Crashalot

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

My netstat says its connected by TCP over local port 3808 to remote port 10622 on 193.252.123.33 (Prydwen IPs)

However I always thought the port-allocation for DAOC was dynamic and it should work on most firewalls anyhow, as its attempting to connect from inside ur network to outside. Most firewalls will allow that without much troubles.

Quick check at logging in I notice the loginserver uses TCP port 10500 and patchserver (to update your files) uses 1280 (all TCP)

There might be an UDP port required, but also most firewalls should allow UDP once your PC asks for an UDP-connection. 99 out of 100 firewalls allow hole-pinching over UDP with an outgoing UDP request.
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

unless the firewall block a range of certain TCP ports it seems unlikely that they should stop DAoC.

OR they ONLY allow a very few ports and all else is blocked, but thats unusuall.
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

They prolly allow protocols on a per IP address basis, if that's true they prolly allow same protocols for all the DHCP IP Range of your uni, so 1st of all u need to set a fixed IP address paired with your Pc MAC Address via DHCP Server (or whatever releases IP Addresses at your Uni), then break Firewall and give access all to your IP Address.
If your Security Managers aren't morons i most likely doubt that u can do it.
That's the way altho.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Luz wrote:unless the firewall block a range of certain TCP ports it seems unlikely that they should stop DAoC.

OR they ONLY allow a very few ports and all else is blocked, but thats unusuall.
Dunno at Unis but that's the only cheap way to "control" web traffic, so it's more used than u think ;)
Na Fianna Dragun

Asterixxx
Emerald Rider

Post by Asterixxx »

Cheers puppet, i placed all them ports as holes so now i will just have to wait til tomoro morning to find out if they are recogniseable.

The university blocks all online games/ voice over IP/ webcams etc but they allocate each student 10 holes to place in the firewalls. seems like a good way of doing it to me.
asterix2:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life, how do you go on, when in your heart you know, There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep..."
Frodo Baggins, LOTR
"All my life i have lived by a code. Honour the Gods, Love your Woman, and Defend your Country!"
Prince Hector, Troy

Xcerus
Emerald Rider

Post by Xcerus »

what uni you at aster?
Xcerus 50 Druid
Zcerus 50 Chanter
Scerus 50 Ranger
Moaninglisa 3X Bainshee
A,B,C - alts - blah

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

Asterixxx wrote:Cheers puppet, i placed all them ports as holes so now i will just have to wait til tomoro morning to find out if they are recogniseable.

The university blocks all online games/ voice over IP/ webcams etc but they allocate each student 10 holes to place in the firewalls. seems like a good way of doing it to me.
haha priceless :D
good "security" 8)
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Asterixxx wrote:Cheers puppet, i placed all them ports as holes so now i will just have to wait til tomoro morning to find out if they are recogniseable.

He should be shot tbh, but good for ya :P
Na Fianna Dragun

Asterixxx
Emerald Rider

Post by Asterixxx »

Xcerus wrote:what uni you at aster?
Aberystwyth, University of Wales
asterix2:
Frodo Baggins, LOTR
Prince Hector, Troy

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”