just wondering... :)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Bebop
Emerald Rider

just wondering... :)

Post by Bebop »

whats RvR like nowdays? i left about a year ago to try US, I like US because its always buzy (compared to what EU was when i left)

Whats it like now?

Is there alot of action, or is it mainly 8v8 still? Is there alot of large scale fights/keep sieges etc (this is what i enjoyed most in daoc) but there was very little at arund the time i left.

If the normal server is pretty much the same, whats classic like on EU? Is there more large scale/keep action than there is on normal server? or like i said above..is it mainly opted 8mans ?

I'd like to return but i dont wanna if its the same (or worse!) than what it was when i left, any info much appreciated :)

If i was to return id prob finish off my ani & set him up for rvr :D (yup, im different!)

ty guys
Prydwen RETIRED..Might be comming back!
Hib
Bebop
Boppa
Bopper
Bops
Furse
Mid
Bebop
Latona
Bopps
Boppa

US
Bpm - RM
Eternul - BD
Tequila - Healer

Asterixxx
Emerald Rider

Post by Asterixxx »

really nice to hear from you matey. rvr is not bad since cluster, an even mix of fg vrs fg , duo-tri's- soloers.. and stealth wars ofc. come back imo
asterix2:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life, how do you go on, when in your heart you know, There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep..."
Frodo Baggins, LOTR
"All my life i have lived by a code. Honour the Gods, Love your Woman, and Defend your Country!"
Prince Hector, Troy
Gandelf wrote:Dark Age of Crashalot

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

Classic server gonna semi dead again after drop/arti patch (1.82?)

Some siege/keep battles, but mainly to either throw albs/mids out or to gain a bridgehead for iRvR (which is the big thing atm).

We still need to have iRvR in alb this round, we had hib and atm in mid, but it will no doubt come when mids get tired of not having all their keeps hehe.

Jarahl
Emerald Rider

Post by Jarahl »

Personally I havent played in 2 weeks time, but back then it was pretty much just high RR gank groups running around ganking the very few PuGs out, or zerg fest. Was rather boring tbh :)
Regards

Jacob

Retired Hibbie

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

For me RvR has been a bit poor recently.

The iRvR situation in mid seems to have meant that whilst fg's and stealthers run seperately the action is so closely packed together all that seems to happen is everyone and everything gets added on.

Eventually this leads to a zergy situation which has no real purpose in mind other than to steamroller the opposition. So unless your zerg is bigger than their zerg it becomes a port, die, release, port and die process.

I suspect the mids will get bored soon, I think they made half an attempt to stop it on Sunday but hibbies took a tower which stopped them porting and kind of upset them.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

If it's any small consolation... NFD is still going strong mate and we would like to see you back :)
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Takitothemacs wrote:If it's any small consolation... NFD is still going strong mate and we would like to see you back :)
I'll second that. Were now back to running 3 gg's so pick up spots often available and Shark is running his pug event on a regular basis.

RvR is damned good, though agramon has dropped out of favour because of the almost permanent irvr situation. Mid is also a horrible place for iRVR because of the choke points.

Quite a few groups running, Asylum being the trickiest at the moment, though they are prepared to still roll you over with the zerg which just plain sucks.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

RVR is still fun,you can go raiding a Tower sowhere and get a nice responce, dont even need a FG for this.
Mids-Albs zerging there IRVR area and Hib groups roaming there too.
Lots of people near the portal bridge, sometimes too many.
And there are still some people wich dont learn that frontiers isnt a PVE zone...special thx to them.

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Bebop
Emerald Rider

Post by Bebop »

ty for reply guys ;)

i'll prob wait till my US account runs out then give euro another shot, im prob gunna roll an ani sooner or later but 1st i will get to grips on my ment again & sort out my chanter now that ToA is a bit easier :)

& /wave NFD :D
Prydwen RETIRED..Might be comming back!
Hib
Bebop
Boppa
Bopper
Bops
Furse
Mid
Bebop
Latona
Bopps
Boppa

US
Bpm - RM
Eternul - BD
Tequila - Healer

Silverbirch
Emerald Rider

Post by Silverbirch »

What server do you play on US Bop?
Now playing...

Midgard Glastonbury

Jemima, 'I see dead people'
Blencathra, pacifier
Helvelyn, Hoooge Twoll

-----
US ACCOUNTS...... Chanter ebayed, Druid Ebayed, Ranger for sale.....

-----
ON ICE... Hibernia Prydwen

Silverbirch Suela - Ranger

Anelille oftheValley - Enchantress

Flyagaric - Animist and mushroom abuser

Boofont Hairstylist - Druid

GM OF THE SYLVAN BLADES

------

PRYDWEN... A LOCAL SERVER FOR LOCAL PEOPLE

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”