Rps, our realm and the race for rps

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Tasmin
Emerald Rider

Rps, our realm and the race for rps

Post by Tasmin »

Please everyone,

this zerging stuff can be great fun, no waiting on a boat for ages before you get to 'stick it up them' (they dont like it, up them, they dont) and when you die, instant revenge is only a short port away. Heaven, we all get lots of rps. We must be doing well..earnt loads of rps last night... What a great realm we are a part of...

</sarcasm off>

Ok its not that great if you think long and hard about it. You die a lot more in zergy, laggy instaRvR, unless you are in a really good balanced high rr group. Everytime you die, our enemy get stronger. If you look at the death spam, green isnt the predominate colour....what that means is, that no matter how many rps you got, our enemy got more, as a realm they got stronger, we got weaker. Loosing the relics will only make this worse (suprised we still got them tbh).

We can still have the 'no waiting on a boat for ages, short delays after death' if you want. All we have to do is drive the enemy from our lands and take one of theirs. We will then have a more balanced amount of numbers as we wont be host to two armies.

We have some great leaders, we used to have a great realm spirit. Next time one of our leaders tries to turn the tables on our enemy, can we please help out with a few more numbers, not run around emain giving rps away.

I know Ill get flamed for this, but I dont have another char on a different realm I can go back to when we are at a 20% disadvantage. It really wont ruin your fun that much, after all it takes the same amount of time to port to a beach head keep on enemy soil as it does to port to dc. We just need to take back our keeps and 1 enemy keep.

Tas

PS
Thanks for trying Aran.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

totally and completely agree with Tasmin here. Its getting sick - Albs and Mids were able to respond in greater numbers to the Hibernians last night - that means only one thing Albs and Mids are better organised and better together as a realm.

iRvR is destroying this realm no matter how much you enjoy your insta action.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Tasmin wrote:...I know Ill get flamed for this, but I dont have another char on a different realm I can go back to when we are at a 20% disadvantage. It really wont ruin your fun that much, after all it takes the same amount of time to port to a beach head keep on enemy soil as it does to port to dc. We just need to take back our keeps and 1 enemy keep.

You've said nothing that warrants flame. You are absolutely right.

Aerendur
Emerald Rider

Post by Aerendur »

I completely agree. Irvr was fun for like 5 minutes. Ill help whenever Im online to get our pretty lands green again.
US Classic (all realms) & Lance/Alb & Limors

Mambopoa

Post by Mambopoa »

I did enjoy irvr for a short while, I was thinking great I can run with lower characters and still get some realm points etc.

But everyone always seem to be rez sick and therefore not worth anything.
So I gave up on that idea.

Recently I have been playing my shade to try and gain some Champ XP in RvR and again due to irvr they are always worth no xp and I get zerged so quickly.

There are times when I do enjoy irvr that would be when we have a keep in a another land, that we are trying to defend or using it as a jump point to take another keep.

If there is no reason for irvr with keeps/relics etc, then lets just not have it.

iRvR has kept me away the past few days, I would of helped trying to get them back, but there was no will to log on and try. Lets hope we can fix this soon.
Mambopoa,Awod,Xebecs,Dowa,Bearian.
Some how ended up as a Wild Hunter

Now on the other side of the pond. USA :D

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Gandelf wrote:You've said nothing that warrants flame. You are absolutely right.
Correct, but some people flame anyway.
Last night i tried to inform the alliances in excal, with a simple.
Hiya, could you please inform your /as that i have the /bg for keep retake, thanks
Half the time i got an unhelpful response and in a couple of cases abuse.

Personally i dont like iRvR and i really dont like it in Hibernia, but the lack of support and apathy keeps increasing and it isnt fun to try and fail because others are not willing to assist.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Aran_Thule wrote:Correct, but some people flame anyway.
Last night i tried to inform the alliances in excal, with a simple.
Hiya, could you please inform your /as that i have the /bg for keep retake, thanks
Half the time i got an unhelpful response and in a couple of cases abuse.
Its become very clear to me that excall ppl are very diffrent than pryd ppl. I was looking around in DC yesterday and looked at the BB's there and 9/10 were from excal. Someone said something in /broad about the bb's and got abuse. 5min later aran's keep retake was announced on /broad and yet again a lot of abuse was said again from excal ppl. I'm not saying that they are all the same cos i have excal members aswell but its sad to see the abuse and aggro one gets if they try to get the realm green again and if someone asks to move the bb's.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

Posted a link on FH to this thread.

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=197846

Asked ppl to either respond here or there.

But on topic, agreed with Tasmin, Aran and all the others.

I like iRvR, but not on cost of Hibernia or the fun leaving the game due to lag ect.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

I'm just wondering if we can all get our thinking heads on, do a bit of lateral thinking and come up with some clever ideas to take advantage of the current situation... the way keeps are taken, the way the Frontiers/Agramon works, etc. etc. Not so much of an exploit or cheat, but something novel and different. A bit like a "loop-hole" that makes something possible.

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

I posted on private forums regarding this.

http://www.prydwen.net/showthread.php?t=8303

lol but just now I realised I WAS booked allready tonight, so its prosponed untill sometime in a near future.
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”