Deleted Thread on FH - read here (concerns Synergy)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Slayn
Emerald Rider

Deleted Thread on FH - read here (concerns Synergy)

Post by Slayn »

<edited>

Yes I'm posting a PM from someone, but atm feel pretty damn provoked. The following thread was insta-deleted on FH, and have had two threads closed that deal with the same topic. Anyway, I think it's rather funny stuff so read on...
Original thread title was 'Annie Hall' wrote:Have you ever seen Annie Hall?

There is this one scene where woodie allen is on a date at the cinema, and there's a guy behind them who's coming out with loads of obnoxious opinions and stating it all as fact and so forth. Allen gets more and more annoyed about this and eventually turns around and says to the guy, 'actually i disagree with you about that'. The guy looks at him and says, 'well, actually I happen to be a professor of so and so, so I know all about this author's work, so stfu'. Woodie Allen then looks at him and says 'orly?' and walks off the screen and comes back with the author himself, and the author says, 'what you're saying about my work is completely wrong, and if you say that you shouldn't be a professor at all.' Woodie Allen then looks at the camera and says 'pity that sort of stuff never happens in real life'.

I tell you all this, because it recently *did* happen, in this thread. And, imo, it was pretty damn sweet.

Thing is though, it feels rather as though my Annie Hall moment was stolen. :( This upsets me because Woodie Allen is right, that stuff doesn't hardly ever happen in real life. So this is a thread to (hopefully) ressurrect the moment, and ofc to discuss other 'Annie Hall' moments that people have had. It is not a targetted whine, it is exactly what it says on the tin, a discussion of a scene in Annie Hall as well as comparable scenes that occur in DAoC exc/pryd cluster.

Enjoy!

p.s. if this is all completely confusing to you, check sig.

Jiggs
Emerald Rider

Post by Jiggs »

tbh you should be playing Street Fighter or something if you care about those sorts of issues so much.
Panda-Knight >.>;;

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

and the meaning of this thread is?

Posting PM's on this forum is a no go so i'll kindly edit your post for you.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Asterixxx
Emerald Rider

Post by Asterixxx »

did you know micheal schumacher is also a great footballer and could play professionally?

This is a game we play guys , relax for christ sake
asterix2:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life, how do you go on, when in your heart you know, There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep..."
Frodo Baggins, LOTR
"All my life i have lived by a code. Honour the Gods, Love your Woman, and Defend your Country!"
Prince Hector, Troy
Gandelf wrote:Dark Age of Crashalot

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »

FFS i have had enough of these overmodded forums, Slayn posted a PM from ANOTHER forum, which imo is allowed. I don't see what all the problem is, im sick of FH now. It's like logging onto to go school and getting assessed on each and every post, hope pryd.net doesn't turn out this way.
Inactive

Slayn
Emerald Rider

Post by Slayn »

Sorry for posting the PM if it infringes upon forum rules here. Yes, it's not from these forums. Ty for editing, would have done so myself had I been aware of policy here. The only reason I posted a PM in the first place is sort of a knee-jerk reaction to being told privately that I am forbidden from discussing something publicly, when I see no decent reason not to. This makes no sense unless you follow the aggramonday thread on FH.

But anyway, I really feel the need to express my opinion on this, I realise it's completely inconsequential and petty. It *is* very much DAoC related however. The circumstances only exist because of events occuring in-game recently. Anyway, here are my opinions, if a mod is unhappy with anything please let me know in PM I'll be online and will edit instantly.
Slayn wrote:I'm getting very upset by this behaviour. At this stage I feel there is a continual effort to suppress any further discussion on a matter very much related to rvr in prydwen. So what if it focuses on a particular guild? There is specific stuff said about guilds/individuals all the time, that stuff should only be modded if it is unreasonable, untrue, abusive etc. The stuff being said in the threads was none of these things. The fact that two threads have now been deleted that draw attention to my opinion about that feels as though there is an attempt to suppress these opinions and stop other people perhaps scrutinising the mods activity.

Anyway, it's over a completely petty matter all this stuff developed in the first place. The thing is, when you are stopped saying something you wanted to say, you want to say that thing about a million times more, no matter how pointless it was, or how little you cared about it in the first place. I must say I am very angry at all mod behaviour since eggy initially closed the first thread.

What annoys me is that first an embarassing line of enquiry was nipped in the bud by mod action. And then other people's legitimate desire to discuss and question mod action (God knows why you feel you should be able to prevent people doing this) was not just closed but deleted. I believe mods are mods and they should have the authority to take action, but when they do things in such a way as to hide questionable actions from forum users, it's pretty low imo.

If you felt your modding was in line with policy and justified, why did you delete rather than just closing the post?

Anyway, I think you can tell I am now on a real mission about this, when it was something I couldn't care less about to start with except that it gave me some mild amusement. I feel very provoked etc. And ofc now I am told that any further open discussion, no matter how reasonable, diplomatic or *WHAT ITS FORM MAY BE*, will be deleted and I'll be banned. Eggy's PM clearly indicates that it is the content of what I'm saying, not the form or delivery that is off limits. That to me is complete censorship.

cheers,

Slayn
[edit]I probably posted this thread in the wrong place. Do move it to off-topic or wherever if you think it's better suited elsewhere.[/edit]

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Penlid wrote:FFS i have had enough of these overmodded forums, Slayn posted a PM from ANOTHER forum, which imo is allowed. I don't see what all the problem is, im sick of FH now. It's like logging onto to go school and getting assessed on each and every post, hope pryd.net doesn't turn out this way.

First of all dear i suggest you read the first post in this thread and look at the top right corner of it, you can see you can check the edit history of the post.
Posting pm's is a no go on this forum, If you dont like it well tuff.

As to Slayn, I just finished the closed threads on FH. I understand your frustration but I dont think its my place to voice my opinion on it. Its another mod on another forum which is closely linked to this forum.
I wouldnt like it if I made an action some ppl didnt appreciate that those ppl would try to continue the discussion on another forum. I feel that if you have a problem with a person that you need to discuss that with that person and not just throw it out on a forum to see if you'll have ppl backing you up or not. Cos I think this is what its about. It will only lead to flaming and hassle and I think you'll agree that we dont want that eh :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »

Satyn wrote:First of all dear i suggest you read the first post in this thread and look at the top right corner of it, you can see you can check the edit history of the post.
Posting pm's is a no go on this forum, If you dont like it well tuff.
Actually thank god nobody can share PM's about me, then you will all know that i'm a convicted gay boy! Woops! ;)
Inactive

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

:hug: @ Penlid <hello gayboy!>
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »