Poisonspikes - changing back

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Poisonspikes - changing back

Post by Takitothemacs »

I heard a rumour and investigated...

GOA screwed up with regards to the changing of the poisonspikes ability to be used in combat... and as a result I contacted a GM today asking what was happening... the answer I got was:

"We did this fix because of a bug which allowed you to place multiple mines at the same time. We fixed this but the side effect of the fix was that you couldn't place the mine while in combat. We thought that this wouldn't be a problem as that's how the mines have been working since day 1 but apparantly we were wrong and it's a feature rather than a bug. A fix for the multiple mine laying problem will be added in 1.80 and the mines will be put back to their normal (and thus exploitable) nature shortly."

At the end of the day GOA screwed with something they souldnt have making changes not sanctioned by mythic...

as posted by Sanya:

Posted By: Sanya Thomas 2005-11-18 18:03:20

Gosh, I wonder what the most popular questions were this week! (Though Poisonspike users tried hard, they didn't break the top three.)

Q: I realize that there may not be an answer for this yet, and that I'm probably not the first one to ask, but,...

Is the new artifact system going to be retroactive, or do we need to re-do the encounters? For example, I've done Golden Spear many times in large battlegroups, always for a chance to roll on it and never winning, heh :) So I have the encounter credit and book already. Do I have to do the encounter again after the new system goes live?

A: Most…popular…question…ever.

And the answer according to the Content Queen is yes, the system is retroactive. She says "It will indeed be retroactive. Players that already have encounter credit will be able to turn in the scrolls and receive the level 0 artifact."

Q: Is the experience change to artifacts going to be retroactive?

A: According to the Content Minion: "Artifacts that were listed as gaining experience faster in the recent Pendragon patch note will have retro-active experience due to the change in the experience required to level the artifact. In other words; if your Malice Axe has 4% experience on it at level 1 before the patch, it will show up as having more than 4% at level 1 after the patch."

In other words, yes.

Q: Will the changes to atrifact stats be retroactive, or will we need to re-activate and re-level another one?

A: The Content Queen assures you that "The artifact bonus changes will be retroactive."

Q: (Insert question here on Poisonspike, changes to Poisonspike on our European servers, and so on.)

A: I'm a little fuzzy on the details of what happened there. What I do know is this: Poisonspike may presently be cast during combat, and it is presently our intention to leave that alone. I don't know if that was originally considered a bug, but if it was, it's a feature now! As with everything in the game, the team might change their collective minds. For now, however, it is not scheduled to be changed. We just had a communication breakdown with our partners in Europe, and we'll take care of it.

Original here:

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2267.shtml
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

I am intrigued though...

GOA GM says "(and thus exploitable)"

While Mythic... the game Devs... say:

"What I do know is this: Poisonspike may presently be cast during combat, and it is presently our intention to leave that alone. I don't know if that was originally considered a bug, but if it was, it's a feature now! "

About time GOA stuck to what they are supposed to be doing and stopped messing with the bits they "think" need fixing... STOP IT GOA! work on resolution of the remainder of the restoration process before you start "Fixing" what isnt broken! Idiots.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired

Mid Avalon - Retired
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Rejecta

Post by Rejecta »

What a pointless post, just looks like you are using this issue to attack GOA.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

still sore at me adding on you Gamah? re-read it please and see its not an attack on them for the sake of it..

GOA took the unilateral decision to change something that shouldnt be changed... and I ask you have I flamed GOA publicly before? (answer is no before you strain yourself thinking about it)

It's a post to highlight a particular point of bad decision making on GOAs behalf.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired

Mid Avalon - Retired
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Rejecta wrote:What a pointless post, just looks like you are using this issue to attack GOA.
What a pointless post, just looks like you are using this issue to attack Takits.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Reza
Emerald Rider

Post by Reza »

Takitothemacs wrote:I am intrigued though...

GOA GM says "(and thus exploitable)"

While Mythic... the game Devs... say:

"What I do know is this: Poisonspike may presently be cast during combat, and it is presently our intention to leave that alone. I don't know if that was originally considered a bug, but if it was, it's a feature now! "

About time GOA stuck to what they are supposed to be doing and stopped messing with the bits they "think" need fixing... STOP IT GOA! work on resolution of the remainder of the restoration process before you start "Fixing" what isnt broken! Idiots.

GOA shouldnt have touched it. They seemingly dont have the 'tools' to do a decent job of these sorts of changes. They made it insta cast with a cast time, so the mine came at the start of the cast time then u had to run around like a lemon till u guessed it was over (with no msg or casting graphics indicating when that was and no msg explaining why u couldnt swing when u went in combat mode). It just didnt feel like it was changed well and stuck out as a botched job (irrespective of your thoughts as to whether the mine should be an insta thats castable in combat or not).

But to be fair to GOA the "exploitable bug" reffered to in the above quote is different from "feature" Mythic reffer to in the grab bag.

What doesnt look good is that GOA are effectively saying that they decided to fix the fact that u could cast multiple mines by changing the nature of one of the mines. That isnt a fix to the problem, its a nerf to dot mines that indirectly solves the 'bug' and meantime unfairly penalises all the assassins who dont bother to exploit the bug. Some simple foresight should have made it obvious that this attempt at a fix was a stupid idea.

Rejecta

Post by Rejecta »

Takitothemacs wrote:still sore at me adding on you Gamah? re-read it please and see its not an attack on them for the sake of it..

GOA took the unilateral decision to change something that shouldnt be changed... and I ask you have I flamed GOA publicly before? (answer is no before you strain yourself thinking about it)

It's a post to highlight a particular point of bad decision making on GOAs behalf.
I dont really care about you adding, I own you 1v1 that sall that matters to me, You stand absolutly no chance so I understand why you have to add for your rpts. What is interesting though is why you think you make a blip on my radar compared with all the other random NS's around. Goa made a good call, mythic made a **** one, you whined because you couldn't exploit a "feature" and it got changed back, after all the whiners always win.
Cromcruaich wrote:What a pointless post, just looks like you are using this issue to attack Takits.
Yes what an attack, calling his post pointless...oh no ! grab a kleenex.

Rejecta

Post by Rejecta »

Cromcruaich wrote:What a pointless post, just looks like you are using this issue to attack Takits.
Yes what an attack, calling his post pointless...oh no ! grab a kleenex.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

You whined as I added on you when you were a kill away from RR9L4... and I quote:

"****ed me off no end, i was one kill from 9l4.

back on topic: and yet its not GOA's call to make... or so they have maintained countless times before.

Not their call... so they should have left it alone!
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired

Mid Avalon - Retired
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

Such FH behaviour Gamah o.O That post could've been made by Manisch, jesus..

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”