Guilds that currently RIP

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Jor
Emerald Rider

Post by Jor »

Hibernian Devils was my first guild on Prydwen and I sometimes consider myself still being a Devil even after we merged with The Wild Hunt.

Don't know if there is anything left of HD, but for sure no active char :( :(
I hum along and make things hum... on
WAR: Rydegh/Disciple of Khaine

RETIRED CHARS
AoC: Rydegh/DT, Joric/Demo
DAoC: Jorykia/Valk, Yorinde/Druid, Irah/Ani, Weda/Warden, Jorub/Bard&Friar, Rydegh/Ranger
D4O: Donk

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

A bit more on the story of the Marsh Horde, in the hope that it might provide some inspiration to the struggling guilds atm.

I first joined the MH in April 2003 when Cael and Dioennia were the main GMs. As is the tradition in the Horde, I helped organise a hunt and I got made GM (take note Sharkith, you're continuing a fine history:) ). At the time the MH was allied with Darkveil and Keepers of the Sacred Nut and there was a discussion and vote for a merger into one larger guild. However, as with all democracies, some people in these guilds chose not to follow the majority and merge and although Darkveil disappeared, there were a handful of people left in both the MH and KoTS - I had alts in both at the time as well. I should say this was not a deliberate anti-merge tactic on my part because Barksin, Cuddlebunny and Robinhud all tried different guilds. However, I could not bring myself to resigning Briannon from the MH, especially as she held the /gc leader command at the time (and still does I think), and because even back then, the MH still felt like home.

At one point the MH was just me, Armel and Arhra, and Arhra disappeared from the game shortly afterwards. At this point in time Dioennia had begun to leave the game, Cael had rl priorities to handle and Sky had got rid of his previous accounts (hence no Skyone, Skytango or Skytoo any more).

There were times when Armel and I were quite lonely out there and we did discuss disbanding the guild. But for some reason we stuck at it. Why? I have no idea but we just couldn't seem to take that final step of killing off the MH.

Then Sky came back. Wyst was recruited. He brought with him Fiehdel/Teraka (apologies guys if it was the other way round). In came Sharkith, who brought along Aithne and the Ghostbusters, and the core group that now leads the guild began to be formed. But, the real growth came about because of Sky. He patrolled all the n00bie areas and spotted either guildless peeps or peeps in the start-up guilds and began recruiting like crazy. He did this, to the best of my knowledge, without poaching a single alt from another player guild, which was crucial for us being able to build relationships with other guilds.

We had peeps come in masses, some stayed, some left, some formed their own guilds (they thanked the Horde for giving them a start in a guild and we were glad to have helped them get started).

Eventually a point was reached where the guild had a critical mass that meant departures were counter-balanced by new joiners. People began to recruit friends (all members of the Horde can invite new members) and we've now reached the point of being quite large and prominent in the realm. I genuinely believe this is because of our size: we can now put on guild ML runs, guild RvR events, guild XP events and these things tend to develop a life of their own.

I should say that the MH is not about world domination, we don't have grand plans to take over Hibernia, BUT we are now of a size where we can offer people a home if they want a lively guild. We could almost be a "holding" guild for people to join in anticipation of them being able to grow their own again, if they so wish.

But the moral of this post is, no matter how small a guild becomes, so long as it has a few members who keep it alive then there is the prospect of better times in the future. Armel and I could never have anticipated that the Horde would become as strong as it is now, but essentially one person rescued the Horde and for that we will always owe Sky a huge debt of gratitude.

If this tale can inspire just one guild to grow again then it is a tale worth telling, but at the end of the day, never give up hope. Where there's life there is always a future, and it's a future that is yours to determine.
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Arcsalin wrote:Umm, what ever happened to that guild HIB that Peat tryed so damned hard to make work? I've not seen any of that guild in a very long time tbh :s
HIB stopped when people were in their low 40s. A handful of people went to Sylvan Blades and a few went to Iron Wolves. It was never intended to be a lasting guild.

Cal tried to keep it going after I left, but he ran into exactly the problems that caused me to leave - although there was still much professed interest, getting people to turn up to pre-arranged hunts became too hard.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Asterixxx
Emerald Rider

Post by Asterixxx »

Children of Geia

my fathers old guild
(cant remember how to spell geia, is that right?)
it has one member, the GM, but i never log him on
asterix2:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life, how do you go on, when in your heart you know, There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep..."
Frodo Baggins, LOTR
"All my life i have lived by a code. Honour the Gods, Love your Woman, and Defend your Country!"
Prince Hector, Troy
Gandelf wrote:Dark Age of Crashalot

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

asterixxx wrote: it has one member, the GM, but i never log him on

I wonder where asterixxx is now... <fx: whistles absent-mindedly>

:rolleyes:

Ricey

Post by Ricey »

Takitothemacs wrote:Phoenix - RIP a loooooong time since... formed by myself and Fayy, Ricey and a number of others... never really took off so we disbanded back in 2002/3 Think our highest membership was about 20 not including alts.
Oh don't start me on dead guilds, I've killed more guilds than Mid and Alb combined....some of the guilds I have planted the kiss of death on

Night Angels
Dragons of the Empyreal Flame :surprise: (or Flaming Emperial Drag Queens as I preferred)
Phoenix
Dae Hoth

I'm sure there was at least one other

Got a grudge, want a guild killed? call for Ricey :)
Ricey...the original Capitalist BloodSucker
and not forgetting Weefella

Wyst
Emerald Rider

Post by Wyst »

Briannon wrote:

I should say that the MH is not about world domination, we don't have grand plans to take over Hibernia,
Pfft Some people have no ambition. I dont want the Marsh Horde to dominate Hibernia, I want the Marsh Horde to lead all Hibernians in the conquest of Albion and Midguard.

One day, when we have taken all the relics, hold all the keeps, all the towers, and all of Hibernia will rejoice with the words.....Good Work Wyst (or far more likely "Hurrah for Aran(or insert random other reknowned leader)", but we all have to dream)

<hears a banging on his door and returns to reality, but ponders wistfully>
Wyst Fullthinker 50 Warden ML10 BM RR8+
Vilcleft Cullthinker 50 BM ML10 BL RR5+
Ydrys Bard ML10 Soj RR4+
Hegglion 50 Voidy M10 convoker RR3+
Grusalug Hero, brainless ML8 WL RR3+
Cwmblyss MotherofWyst ML10 Conv RR2+
Ydryst Darkside screamer ML10 RR4+
Arnfiorgrit Valewalker ML8 RR3+
Molarbfloem Druid ML10 Perfector RR6+
Quickflick NS ML5 RR3+
Some others of lesser note on other servers of no consequence

All now asleep and probably forgotton

Treeeebeard
Emerald Rider

Post by Treeeebeard »

Ricey wrote: Got a grudge, want a guild killed? call for Ricey :)
Its about wyst, Someone needs to stop this luney before he creates so many 'QQ am gonna quit RvR' whines on FH there will be no more mids to farm putting me and adalyn(HollowHeads.PLC) out of business :(
Hib/Pry
Marsh horde
Treeeebeard Hollowhead <Animist> ML10 RR5 Grandmaster talior

Alb/Exc

TheBigSmurth <Sorceress> 50 RR2

:treeee:

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

Jamiesarmy rip i guess
and Aurora Borealis also (dunno if anyone has said yet)
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Tammuz
Emerald Rider

Post by Tammuz »

pikeh wrote:Jamiesarmy rip i guess
and Aurora Borealis also (dunno if anyone has said yet)
Last i heard jamiesarmy was still technically active, some NFD had ppl in it purely to claim towers, it may have run outa bps now thou

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”