Free week

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
VidX

Post by VidX »

Maeloch wrote:I only let subs drop for a few months since I started playing - it's actually busier on there now than it has been for months, maybe a year. But it's all relative - 25 hibs online at peak time is busy nowadays! Will be back to 3-4 again after this week no doubt, don't think will be renewing accounts for that.

Quite a few pryd old timers still seem to play daoc if the forums are anythign to go by, but they ain't playing dyvet: mainly between german servers, US and freeshards. Shame they ended up split all over.
Think I might actually keep my accounts going, or 2 at least.

Really enjoyed myself over the past 2 days, even running solo for a while :D
Usp Caffeinechanter - level 6 Roasted Bean
Can find me as Manachanter in most things...
World of Warships [NA] mainly

usp:

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Gandelf wrote:I've tried Uthgard. It's good, but levelling is extremely slow... as slow as it was when DAoC first came out.

Also, I think a lot of the quests have been removed, so you couldn't get bits of armour, jewellery, weaponry etc. As far as I'm aware you have to rely on crafters.
I wouldn't say anything has been 'removed', emulators start as a blank slate. Any quests would have to be manually added (and adding Mythic quests would mean that the server team were directly breaking copyright.)
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

im giving it a go right now! very confused with things at the moment lol
[19:25] Jupiler: in heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here...when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer

Eyrea
Emerald Rider

Post by Eyrea »

Gandelf wrote:It's basically barebones DAoC... just the basic gameplay without any of the enhancements that came along after SI... in fact, last time I looked there was no SI, just Classic.
That's exactly what it is, classic with SC and few extra classes.

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

VidX wrote:Think I might actually keep my accounts going, or 2 at least.

Really enjoyed myself over the past 2 days, even running solo for a while :D
It has been fun the last week, but it really was dead previous - I mean absolutely nothing going on in the frontiers, 2-3 peeps in the top 20 rps with a few hundred rps from trebbing most nights.

I'm probably the same, quite happy running about solo with what would be boringly quiet frontiers for most people, but that was a step too far. Will see how it pans out directly after - I've got a months subs still running anyhow iirc from playing on the german servers.
Mael, 50th ment.

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

How good (or bad) is it? I've been internet less (hence my descent upon all forums like some ravenous wildebeest) & logged onto Eve today to find that everyone's left. I really can't face WAR at all as it bored my mind & the simplified PvP made me want to shout at people. Is there life in this old dawg yet or should I just give it up? For the record I'm sure that shards are just great if that's what you're looking for but it's not what I'm after.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Genedril wrote:How good (or bad) is it? I've been internet less (hence my descent upon all forums like some ravenous wildebeest) & logged onto Eve today to find that everyone's left. I really can't face WAR at all as it bored my mind & the simplified PvP made me want to shout at people. Is there life in this old dawg yet or should I just give it up? For the record I'm sure that shards are just great if that's what you're looking for but it's not what I'm after.
It's been good this week, by that I mean server pop of 100+, 25 hibs on around primetime. Jupi, Osh, Eleanora been on regularly; think Finche and Crom been on but missed them so far.

ofc just rog messing about but had some fights with grps of albs/mids (1 or 2 even in open field!). And we had an all ment grp for a couple of runs, all with stupid pets last night, which was funny for a while (we died pretty easy). Last free night is tonight tho afaik , expect the lights go out again after that. Come on for some last runs!
Mael, 50th ment.

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Tried to log in & I'm closed - guess the free time has run out... Let me know if it's still good after this weekend & I might just re-open for a month to take a look.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Genedril wrote:Tried to log in & I'm closed - guess the free time has run out... Let me know if it's still good after this weekend & I might just re-open for a month to take a look.
Sorry, I got the day wrong. Logged off from the grp early to bed the night before last "Laters, be on tommorow". Heh, there was no tommorow - back to 2 people online last night, me and a lvl 17 mentalist in housing.

Tuth, Sacre, Swedoom, and a few other ex-pryds are running a grp on hib/avalon. The German servers are now all 1 big supercluster. I've been playing a little over there too (some lvl46 animists). Not really got teh bug full-on again myself tho, although will probably be on abit, with the weather as it is and all.
Mael, 50th ment.

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Maeloch wrote:Tuth, Sacre, Swedoom, and a few other ex-pryds are running a grp on hib/avalon. The German servers are now all 1 big supercluster. I've been playing a little over there too (some lvl46 animists). Not really got teh bug full-on again myself tho, although will probably be on abit, with the weather as it is and all.
Wow, so, even Germans can only play on one realm?

I guess there is much more mixing of the languages now?
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”