Free week

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Lairiodd wrote:Wow, so, even Germans can only play on one realm?

I guess there is much more mixing of the languages now?
No you can play any realm, but iirc there's a 10min cooldown between realm swapping. It's the same on the excal/pryd cluster also, but you can only play 2 realm - one for each 'server' unless I'm well out of date.

Some of the english speakers have been moving over and playing on the german servers for some years, either since the population here began to decline to get busier servers, better fg action; or some guilds moved even earlier just for the challange of fighting the best german grps.

The server is still predominately german however, and the server txt is all in german, just a price some have been willing to pay for the action. Someone recently said there's about 50 english speakers playing at peak, on a server with a 2k+ peak population.
Mael, 50th ment.

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Maeloch wrote:No you can play any realm, but iirc there's a 10min cooldown between realm swapping. It's the same on the excal/pryd cluster also, but you can only play 2 realm - one for each 'server' unless I'm well out of date.
I thought the rule was that once a server is clustered, you could only create chars on one realm for the cluster.

However, if you already had chars on 2 (or 3) realms for that cluster, your chars weren't deleted and you could use them. You could also create new chars for those realms, as long as you didn't completely delete all the chars on one realm, i.e. one char acted as an anchor.

The effect was that on the Pryd/Excal cluster, old accounts could have 2 realms, but newly created accounts, would only be able to have 1 realm.

Also, if you had chars on, say Alb/Excal and Hib/Pryd and you deleted your Alb/Excal chars, then you would only be able to create chars on Hib/Excal (as you lost your 'anchor' character).

They may have changed the rules since ofc, due to the reduction in numbers.
The server is still predominately german however, and the server txt is all in german, just a price some have been willing to pay for the action. Someone recently said there's about 50 english speakers playing at peak, on a server with a 2k+ peak population.
I guess for English speakers who are changing servers, they might as well go for the Mythic servers.

I was just wondering if there was a bloc of English speakers. Like for example, an English speaking alliance, bit seems not.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Lairiodd wrote:I thought the rule was that once a server is clustered, you could only create chars on one realm for the cluster...

They may have changed the rules since ofc, due to the reduction in numbers.
I'm pretty sure they relaxed that. In fact my hib toons on the german cluster were only made a month or 2 ago and I already have mid toons there.
Lairiodd wrote:I guess for English speakers who are changing servers, they might as well go for the Mythic servers.

I was just wondering if there was a bloc of English speakers. Like for example, an English speaking alliance, bit seems not.
There has been at various periods in the different realms, but they seem to phase in and out of being active. NFD moved to mid/avalon for the best part of a year (enuff to get rr6-8 on the group) we were in an english /as with 4-5other guilds, although later on most of the guilds became inactive and afaik there's not an english /as there anymore. I think the most ex-pryders went hib/avalon and had a big community over there, but when I've been there recently there has been no active /as and the guilds keep to themselves depending on playstyle (not only have to have common language but split between l33t and casual players :( ).

I think the main plus with the german server is the huge population which hasn't shown much sign of decreasing, the 2 US clusters seem to hold much lower population from what I've seen. But yeah, it's big minus been in a ghetto and unable to interact with the majority of the server population even if most speak english at a push imo.
Mael, 50th ment.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Sporin Claymore wrote:I had to have a scout about today, found Satyn's house... & robbed it! mwahaha:
my house is still there?? ...

*slaps sporin for not staying in touch* how's jan ??
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

I got the emails on the Friday, and the offer lasted until the following Tuesday, so wasn't a week in my case.

By the time I'd downloaded the necessary files from GoAs mega-slow download server there wasn't really any time left to play.

I would have logged on though if there had been enough free time to actually use.

:bah:
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”