Which US DAoC server are you on?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Which US DAoC server are you on?

Post by Gandelf »

I have downloaded the US 14-day free trial.
Just wondering which servers you old Prydwenites are playing on in the US so I can join up with you if possible.
Thanks.

Earendil
Emerald Rider

Post by Earendil »

Im actually on Uthgard - its a freeshard but has fantastic support, bugfree, classic so no ToA and a really nice community, with a stable population :) Its been around for 4 years already so its also stable in that way! Would be so nice to see some prydwenites there too :o

/hug Gandelf
Earendil Halfelven, seasoned Eldritch.
Zakoraya Wildcat, Blademaster of Severance.

Lingering on Uthgard, the last stronghold...

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Earendil wrote:Im actually on Uthgard - its a freeshard but has fantastic support, bugfree, classic so no ToA and a really nice community, with a stable population :) Its been around for 4 years already so its also stable in that way! Would be so nice to see some prydwenites there too :o

/hug Gandelf

How do I find that server Earendil? I can't see it in the list of servers.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gandelf wrote:I have downloaded the US 14-day free trial.
Just wondering which servers you old Prydwenites are playing on in the US so I can join up with you if possible.
Thanks.
Look at you being daring Gandelf, thought you'd never stray away from Prydwen ;)
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Xest wrote:Look at you being daring Gandelf, thought you'd never stray away from Prydwen ;)

Well, I needed some relief from LotRO, which I've been playing non-stop since April 2007. With the low population of Prydwen there was never any chance of renewing my subscription. The only viable solution was to go over to the US servers.

Can't believe how tricky it was at first getting used to the game again, having not played it for 1½ years. But once I configured my keyboard and got used to the UI it all started to come back to me.

Anyway, I've rolled a Runemaster named "Mocata" on Lamorak (Classic). This server was recommended by another of our old Prydwenites "Syd". I can't seem to find the server mentioned by Earendil... not sure how to find tbh, so that's why I started on Lamorak.

It is definitely nice to play the game again and the free-trial is actually 30-days I discovered, not 14, as advertised. Well, it said thirty days when I created the account, so that's probably legally binding.

Thanks to all those who've helped out.

Earendil
Emerald Rider

Post by Earendil »

Gandelf wrote:Well, I needed some relief from LotRO, which I've been playing non-stop since April 2007. With the low population of Prydwen there was never any chance of renewing my subscription. The only viable solution was to go over to the US servers.

Can't believe how tricky it was at first getting used to the game again, having not played it for 1½ years. But once I configured my keyboard and got used to the UI it all started to come back to me.

Anyway, I've rolled a Runemaster named "Mocata" on Lamorak (Classic). This server was recommended by another of our old Prydwenites "Syd". I can't seem to find the server mentioned by Earendil... not sure how to find tbh, so that's why I started on Lamorak.

It is definitely nice to play the game again and the free-trial is actually 30-days I discovered, not 14, as advertised. Well, it said thirty days when I created the account, so that's probably legally binding.

Thanks to all those who've helped out.

noooooo come to Uthgard! lol! if you download DaoC portal it comes up there (http://www.daocportal.net should have the linky to download it)

also be a hibbi :o I'm Tigris there!

hug

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

I promise I'll come to Uthgard, but there are few things I need you to clarify please:-

Do I have to download the client game from DAoC Portal, or can I play using the commercial games I've already got, or the SI client I downloaded the other day from the US servers?

Is there a subscription to pay?

Nored
Emerald Rider

Post by Nored »

Uthgard .. sounds nice. I think I'll give it a go too. Also recieved an 8-day free play offer from GOA, but I doubt I'll use it. I have the 'feeling' noone is there to bully me :(
Nored, 50 Champ <Green Peacekeepers>

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Nored wrote:Uthgard .. sounds nice. I think I'll give it a go too. Also recieved an 8-day free play offer from GOA, but I doubt I'll use it. I have the 'feeling' noone is there to bully me :(

It's funny, I had the same 8-day offer too, but what's the point? Just not enough players around on Pryd/Excal to make it worthwhile. The fact that they're offering free playtime tells me that they're desperately trying to attract players back to the game, but no-one in their right mind would seriously take them up on the offer. It's sad, but in the end playing the game without a community just isn't appealing in my opinion.

Earendil
Emerald Rider

Post by Earendil »

Yay Nored thats really good news too! :) You can play DaoC through DaoC portal using any client - even classic i think! :) Theres no subs to pay, and there is a dedicated GM team who really help out and make little events and things to keep people interested! It is just like Live, but for those who like RvR a lot more than PvE you can also level by RvRing through the battlegrounds they have on your way to level 50 :o

My name there is Tigris/Tigro, im usually on in the afternoons and late on in the evenings ^^ hugsss!

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”