Just checked the server status:-

Population:-
Prydwen: 14 Players
Excalibur: 28 Players
Camlann: 16 Players
Glastonbury: 3 Players

UK total: 16 Players

Europe: 2399 Players

What the heck's happened since I've been gone? I don't know how they can keep the servers up and running when there are so few subscriptions being paid!

Sardine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sardine »

No one saw the point in playing unless you were with us Gandelf, hence everybody quit...it just wasn't the same :)
gone...

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

It clealry is a seasonal dip, i tell ya!
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

It is sad. I have to admit. DAoC was my first mmorpg ever and it will always hold a special place within my heart. To see the numbers in such dire decline is really sad. I have often thought of renewing my subcription, but with so few players on the UK servers it would be a waste of money.

It's very, very sad. 14 players on Prydwen! Divided by 4 realms that's not even 5 players per realm... not even 1 full group per realm! Even with Excalibur that's only about 14 players per realm... less than two full groups! Makes the whole idea of RvR pointless as there's not a hope in hell of any keeps being taken!

I know I'll probably risk being flamed for saying this, but GOA really ought to consider closing down the English servers at least. There's just no point keeping them open with so few players.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gandelf wrote:I know I'll probably risk being flamed for saying this, but GOA really ought to consider closing down the English servers at least. There's just no point keeping them open with so few players.
I'm sure they were struggling hard with what decision to to make regarding this, but no doubt with your insightful input as always Gandelf the answer is clear to them now!

It probably costs them more to deal with shutting them down than it does to just leave them be to be honest if they're running okay or perhaps they have some contractual obligation with Mythic to keep them up for the lifetime of the game.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

They are sealed with a contract that force em to have 1 normal English Speaking Server at least, or so they told us.
Hence it'll be up till they close Daoc Europe down.
Na Fianna Dragun

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

It's not quite as dead as those numbers suggest, although it's a pale shadow of it's former self. Sometimes there's nothing at all out, sometimes a small grp from each realm, sometimes a several small grps, sometimes there's a relic raid with a 2fg 'zerg'. Plus the odd soloer etc.

On the plus side, most towers and keeps are unclaimed now, so they can actually get taken very easy. Even by the small grps. There's no opted grps out and the hibs that are left are not fussy about what to invite, if you just want to log on and mess about for an hr or two it's not to bad...if there's anything happening.

It's not what it was, but after 5yrs now neither is the game, period. I don't find it much more fun on the busy german servers. Still I do enjoy playing on hib, just getting up to date again with teh PvE!
Mael, 50th ment.

VidX

Post by VidX »

Come play EVE Mael ;)
Usp Caffeinechanter - level 6 Roasted Bean
Can find me as Manachanter in most things...
World of Warships [NA] mainly

usp:

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

VidX wrote:Come play EVE Mael ;)
& Gahn!!!
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Might give it a try once i have a more stable connex to Internet :o
Na Fianna Dragun

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”