The bottom line

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sharkith

The bottom line

Post by Sharkith »

So finally we get to see a change in policy....

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/attachments/midgard-37/3634d1186068403-move-relic-if-u-want-untitled.jpg

Interesting development.

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

Sharkith wrote:So finally we get to see a change in policy....

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/attachments/midgard-37/3634d1186068403-move-relic-if-u-want-untitled.jpg

Interesting development.

Sharkith
I saw that but didn't reply because i'd probably get banned from FH again :o

But that screenie coupled with the emote spam contradiction (mythics recent grab bag http://www.camelotherald.com/more/3185.shtml ) just reinforces my opinion that GoA are stupid & incompetant, unless they apologise for past behaviour & decisions of course .....

lol ......

who am i kidding doh:
Fighting Enviro-crime irl 8-)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

&quot wrote:Ahem. Sorry. The Lord of the Underdark: If a member of your realm is emote spamming, it falls under zone disruption and can be appealed as a violation. It is not a violation to emote spam a member of an enemy realm, however. Emoting a few times is not considered spamming. It must be proven that it is excessive over a period of time before it would be actioned.
Just to extend upon that, it's also a suspendable offence to laugh spam a CSR, yes, even if you didn't believe the person in question was a CSR when your friend told you to "laugh spam that guy because he's a CSR". My great friend Bamse learnt this lesson well during his 7 day suspension :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

goa have always said what mythic do and they do can be different
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

Lieva wrote:goa have always said what mythic do and they do can be different
Indeed & i don't have issue's with that, what i do have issue's with is GoA's inconsistancy that has had a detrimental effect to life on our server/cluster.
Fighting Enviro-crime irl 8-)

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Dard,

its not inconsistency for me. Its an acknowledgment of all the mistakes that those who were in charge before have made. It is a vindication of the community and recognition that many of us had a point.

Its late. Too late. Hoplessly late. But it is there nonetheless. That new team deserve support for that and the old GM needs to stop and think.

Sharkith/Nat
Na Fianna Dragun

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

The old GM is working on WAR, that's the biggest problem imo. GOA have had a chance for a fresh start with WAR and thus far failed miserably at every step and it ain't even out yet so it doesn't bode well for well it is release imo hence why it's still US or bust for me.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Sharkith wrote:Dard,

its not inconsistency for me. Its an acknowledgment of all the mistakes that those who were in charge before have made. Sharkith/Nat
You may have more faith than me Sharky.

I am not sure if this is a change of stance from GoA or simply an inconsistent approach following a change of GM (and perhaps a change in the people he/she referred the question to).

It would be nice if it was a change of position for GoA to publically make that clear (although I understand their reluctance as they would have to swallow a lot of stick about it).

What would worry me now (if I was still playing) would be that next time someone wants to downgrade a relic keep that position 1 (i.e you cannot do it and will cop a wack with the ban stick) would be re-applied simply because another person (or group of people) were on duty at the time.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Xest wrote:The old GM is working on WAR, that's the biggest problem imo. GOA have had a chance for a fresh start with WAR and thus far failed miserably at every step and it ain't even out yet so it doesn't bode well for well it is release imo hence why it's still US or bust for me.
yes - and that is precisely why I for one will not be trying it on the UK servers.

Belisar I get your point and yes maybe I was too hasty. If it is a policy change then good. If not and ti s an indication of inconsistency then thats very bad indeed.

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

I'd say it's more that GOAs GMs can run the game however they want rather than a policy change as such. I don't think GOA has policies and procedures, they seem to just go with whatever and let their staff react however.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”