Attention you dyvet people!

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Seanpaul
Emerald Rider

Post by Seanpaul »

they gave excal/prydwen cluster a name.
that name is Dyvet.
So open your mouth and stick to your guns. You've gotta realise that she's indifferent. Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh what your name? just wont learn, here we go again.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Seanpaul wrote:they gave excal/prydwen cluster a name.
that name is Dyvet.
Is that because it is now so sleepy and needs something to curl up under? :o

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Lieva wrote:i know your joking but i honestly thought the same and seanpaul had misspelled.
Reading freddys house, dyvet is mentioned a fair bit...
It's the damn name Goa gave to Uk Cluster

Edit : That'll teach me to read the whole thread before posting lol
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Ovi wrote:I very very rarely read freddys since I stopped playing DAoC, just the odd time, like today, when there is a big news story with a link to a thread there :)

ditto :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

But why the heck did they call it Dyvet??

Excalibur went with the lore
Prydwen was a place in Albion (so biased but well...)

Dyvet sounds like a lil village in wales?
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

a: it is in wales
ir
b:

maybe this?
http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/ffcc/ffcc240.htm wrote: HILL VISIONS OF SIDHE WOMEN

There are many recorded traditions which represent certain hills as mystical places whereon men are favoured with visions of fairy women. Thus, one day King Muirchertach
came forth to hunt on the border of the Brugh (near Stackallan Bridge, County Meath), and his companions left him alone on his hunting-mound. 'He had not been there long when he saw a solitary damsel beautifully formed, fair-haired, bright-skinned, with a green mantle about her sitting near him on the turfen mound]1[/URL] In the Mabinogion of Pwyll, Prince of Dyvet, which seems to be only a Brythonic treatment of an original Gaelic tale, Pwyll seating himself on a mound where any mortal sitting might see a prodigy, saw a fairy woman ride past on a white horse, and she clad in a garment of shining gold. Though he tried to have his servitor on the swiftest horse capture her, 'There was some magic about the lady that kept her always the same distance ahead, though she appeared to be riding slowly.' When on the second day Pwyll returned to the mound the fairy woman came riding by as before, and the servitor again gave unsuccessful chase. Pwyll saw her in the same manner on the third day. He thereupon gave chase himself, and when he exclaimed to her, 'For the sake of the man whom you love, wait for me!' she stopped; and by mutual arrangement the two agreed to meet and to marry at the end of a year.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Still looking to do this SP? I've re-subbed for a month to see if I really am missing it :).
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Seanpaul
Emerald Rider

Post by Seanpaul »

in spain atm having to dodge bad language filters on hotel surfing (already blocked myself out NFD webby cuz i posted a naughty word in shoutbox).
i´ll be back on the 20th and raring to go so i´ll try and get hold of everyone then.
weathers been good and i am a lobster flame:
So open your mouth and stick to your guns. You've gotta realise that she's indifferent. Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh what your name? just wont learn, here we go again.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”