1%
+ Labrynth of the Minotaur
1%
+ Labrynth of the Minotaur
3%

Total votes: 105

Lenah

Post by Lenah »

Ovi wrote:That's the one thing I really miss the most, whatever game I have gone to has been lacking the spirit that I first found on Prydwen. In a way think DAoC has spoily MMORPGs for me, because I will never experience that again :(
No one couldn't have said it better mate. For the sake of everything that aws and is Hibernia, the community that was built on it really made it what it was Perhaps we got lucky being unlucky and lower populated on the first months of release, and really had to come together? I've never ever since met a realmwide community feeling like that, anywhere. And what can one say, its all thanks to the mind who came up with http://www.prydwen.net and made it real.

OohhoO has propably the most valid point, that is behind all the other points. Enabling possibility for alt tabbing propably started the unavoidable downhill process =)

My vote still goes to the era when Ankh was still playing =)

I still remember you all /salute.

See you on Warhammer fields.
Lenah 50 Bard ML8 sojourner
Eluwien 50 Eld ML5 conv
Harazer 50 Ench PVE only
Harapon 50 Bard BB PVE only
Bloodcure 50 Druid ML1 perf
Krnzacgh 50 Ani ML1 conv
Crystaleye 50 BM
Grilfriend 50 Druid BB
Sithknight 50 Hero

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." ~ Abe Lincoln

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

I won't be joining WAR :) I think I'll wait and see what's coming out in a year or so, preference will go to something that has a bit more diversity than most mmo's have now :p
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Botond
Emerald Rider

Post by Botond »

ToA was up till ppl started to quit playin cause of it. Wardens were unkillable those days :)

Nedo
Emerald Rider

Post by Nedo »

Id vote original but thats based alot on community which was great. Hib/Pryd really was like 1 big big guild at start due to the "us underdogs vs the evil Mids who got easy exping".

SI was real good to but unnerfed savages was pretty laughable and destroyed that part of the game as I see it. The game itself was as its best during that time though. Anyone could get a good template in SI area and the game was still new enough to not get the allmost hostile attitude to new players that came on later.

Guinnessrules
Emerald Rider

Post by Guinnessrules »

i started my daoc-days on alb in a guild called Utopia, back then when i had a pally at lvl 30+ i went to rvr and got into a grp with only pallys, all did heal-chant and noone could kill us, that was great fun.
Thank god that doesn't work anymore. ;)

So for me ToA was the end of the good days. Before u could play when u felt like it and still have a shot in rvr. But ToA forced u to waste several hours in pve and i hated it from day 1.
NFD
Guinnessrules 50 champ RR4L1
Grules 50 anim RR3L9
Guinn 50 drood
Tamp 50 ranger RR3L9
Purppillz 50 vamp
Guinnster 43 shade
Guinnie 43 bard
Dragun still 41 chanter RR2L8
Painshee 25 Bainshee
Na Amadan
Tampico 48 drood GM
All active atm! (again) :D

AND PROUD FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

as I levelled on the NS after TOA was released the only thing I could do solo for exp was do kill tasks. There were no maps in the UI and you had to run around with printouts looking at everything and trying to figure out where you were. I spent hours in Connacht looking for single mobs in stealth and then stealthing back to Ardee to cash in for exp. I really got to know those locations well - then they would change the mobs and you would be screwed.

It was nice hunting like this - then Briannon and Wyst showed me SI and I was dumbfounded by how big the game was. I went back recently when I had renewed my subs and it all seems so small now. I have the same feeling when I drive around my homeland. It all seems so small.

Yes this place is still second to none for community its why people keep coming back. I doubt we will ever see it again.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Sharkith wrote:Yes this place is still second to none for community its why people keep coming back. I doubt we will ever see it again.
If it's any consolation I've seen it during both my Quake1 and my UO days so don't despair just yet ;) Come WAR or perhaps another game there'll be more communities, some friends will carry across, other new people will be met but rest assured strong communities do appear where you least expect to find them :)
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”