....so Requiel leaves

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Satyn wrote:I've always been able to talk to em about anything and they were always willing to help. Thats how i see it and will always see it. I shouldnt start feeling bad about them just because others have had a or more bad experiences with them.
The thing is, I'm sure even Hitler seemed nice to people around him, that worked with him and knew him but in situations like this, most of us can only judge Requiel from his actions in a professional role, he may well be the nicest guy in the world but that doesn't mean he isn't incompetent at his job.

The paying customer doesn't want a nice guy irl, they just want someone who can do the job and do it well.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

In all my years of DAoC I never had much to do with any of the GM's. Never had much cause to sing their praises and never had any cause to doubt their actions or question their attitudes.

The TT action did annoy me. It was ill thought out in terms of consequences and gave little thought to a game that had changed a lot since even cluster let alone inception. The follow up 'discussion' (that never quite was) just seemed bizarre in terms of timing and what seemed to me to be a genuine lack of interest from the thread starter.

The game has changed but certain people (and I feel that Req alone should not be the one to have the finger pointed at them) continue to blindly follow a set of rules that no longer represents the way the game is played.

The action on the so called duelling circle also stands out. I imagine 99.9% of those not involved could not care less. Those who want to solo seem to be generally happy with it. I know there was one poor soul who wandered blindly into it and suffered as a result (and I cannot condone any abuse dished out) but Req's actions were simply daft.

He then suggests in a FH post that if they want to agree a solo area that is fine. But they cannot communicate outside of game or else risk being accused of cross realming and if someone comes along and screws their area by adding they cannot stand idly by and cheer when they die. Odd how not adding when we were running FG vs FG in Agramon was allowed even when you watched realm mates die but not adding when a druid (or whoever) enters your little duelling zone is so frowned upon.

My worry is that he is now a community manager but seems out of touch with the way the game is played and what large numbers of the community want.

He says he does not want to impose his playstyle but in a way he is imposing a playstyle (perhaps not his) by stopping people doing what they want. He says he has learned lessons but still seems to be making the same errors.

Still if and where I play WarH I hopefully will go back to how I was and have little to do with GM's, community managers and the like.

I hope to find some welcoming friends, a good attitude and some fun times. I miss those.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Belisar wrote:I hope to find some welcoming friends, a good attitude and some fun times. I miss those.

Ya still have em Miss Belisar :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Well said Xest.
Belisar wrote:...and have little to do with GM's, community managers and the like.

I hope to find some welcoming friends, a good attitude and some fun times. I miss those.
that about sums up how I feel at the moment very well said. In fact in WAR I will have as close to zero relationship with the so called 'community'. MMO companies are irresponsible when they use that term. Requiel is a prime example of someone who really did not know anything about it. What he did was irresponsible no matter how he likes to sing his tune. The term 'self fulfilling prophecy' fits what he does perfectly. Just to quote Merten from that link:

"the self-fulfilling prophecy perpetuates a reign of error. For the prophet will cite the actual course of events as proof that he was right from the very beginning."

Re-read Requiels goodbye post and I bet you see it differently now.

Things could have been so different but no he had to have it otherwise - at least he has the job he wanted now.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Lieva wrote:aww shark :(
they killed your happyness :(

comf:

And imo that is sooo not a fault.
Its something more people should have :)

(i do it myself :p)
I lubs joo :x

I agree it is a strength but when you allow someone to exploit it it very very quickly becomes a weakness.
Na Fianna Dragun

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

whats the url to his gbye post?

/Ankh

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Na Fianna Dragun

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Cheers!

/Ankh

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

hehe love some of those posts :)
and i see the dueling has come a full circle ^_^
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

& now the CoC gets changed .. Requiel's parting gift you think ?
Fighting Enviro-crime irl 8-)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”