....so Requiel leaves

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Ovi wrote:What about payments though? I believe that LOTRO needed a Credit Card with a US address? Although if Game Cards are available that's easily enough got around too.
MJ posted in my thread on Warhammeralliance.com that it will work exactly how it works right now for Daoc Usa, so no problem with payments also.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Qbic
Emerald Rider

Post by Qbic »

Gahn wrote:MJ posted in my thread on Warhammeralliance.com that it will work exactly how it works right now for Daoc Usa, so no problem with payments also.
That's very reassuring; thanks mate. I can't imagine donating one more Euro to GOA after having played DAOC for 3 years on their servers.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

sucks that Xalin is leaving the company, i love that guy.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Satyn wrote:sucks that Xalin is leaving the company, i love that guy.
I wager two people applied for the same job one didn't get it and felt it important to move on...
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Kinda worrying if Requiel is the best candidate :p

I've never met Xalin, but if he really is good at his job and a decent guy, maybe he himself was fed up of the idiocy at GOA and felt the need to move onto somewhere more competent?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Xest wrote:Kinda worrying if Requiel is the best candidate :p

I've never met Xalin, but if he really is good at his job and a decent guy, maybe he himself was fed up of the idiocy at GOA and felt the need to move onto somewhere more competent?
maybe one person was able to argue that he engaged directly with the 'community' and took it all on the chin whereas the other couldn't? Who knows. The Job was advertised around 25th December - Req's post on FH indicating that the job is up for grabs is the 26th - check his post history and you will see it.

How many companies do you know would advertise such an important position on Boxing day?

The timing of one moving to a big job and the other leaving is interesting. We will never know for sure, all we can do is speculate. It looks very strange for me was that:

a) 26th December major job advertised to be in charge of WAR UK
b) 10th Jan 'A discussion' thread is started approximately 1 and 1/2 months after a certain TT incident had been ripping the server apart
c) the thread starter goes on Holidays several days later and has to be dragged back to 'A discussion' three to four weeks later
d) not once is there actually 'A discussion' between thread starter and community

Lots of good things in the thread and people feeling they understood each other better but said thread starter never shifts position once. In other words there really was no 'discussion' by the initiator of the 'A discussion' thread.

Why start the discussion then if that person was not willing to actually engage and maybe speculate with us on alternatives?

If you read the actual thread there are no reasons within the thread evident from the thread starter to indicate that they sincerely wanted to 'discuss'. Now we can accept that perhaps promoting understanding between people was the original goal. That however doesn't quare with the reasons given the opening post. I am just left feeling a bit sour about the whole thing.

Nevertheless someone looked good. Someone looked very good. :|

Anyway its all idle speculation probably can do no-one any harm. The damage it caused however was most likely irreparable.
Na Fianna Dragun

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Xest wrote:Kinda worrying if Requiel is the best candidate :p

I never had any problems with req and Xalin or the others. But thats just me. I've always been able to talk to em about anything and they were always willing to help. Thats how i see it and will always see it. I shouldnt start feeling bad about them just because others have had a or more bad experiences with them.

Requiel seemed to me the more serious one (altho i've been told he's not like that at all) and i could always have a laugh with Xalin, like i said i really love that guy and its a shame he wont be working for goa anymore. But its a bit silly to say they both applied for the same job and that he left cos he didnt get it, its pure speculating.
But Taryx is great aswell, very nice woman and has a good sense of humor, she's helped me out a lot aswell. So with her still there there wont change much if not anything.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

right had a word with Xalin and to help one rumor out of the world:
Xalin zegt:
No Requiel was always in line for the Community Manager job that's not a field I was going to get into. I was actually going to run the UK CS team before I got a better offer that lead me away from GOA.
Xalin zegt:
and feel free to quote me on that one but I honestly don't mind the rumors... in fact they have been kind to me so far it's mostly Req being the target of the flames.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Satyn wrote:But its a bit silly to say they both applied for the same job and that he left cos he didnt get it, its pure speculating.
Yeah in a way it is silly but I have seen stranger things happen and I have seen things exactly like this happen as well. I doubt we won't really ever know unless someone knew them IRL.

As for the person behind the role - I have a very bleak set of hypotheses in this situation as you can see. I think there is some evidence to justify making them. I cannot be certain by a long shot that that is how it was but do feel somewhat justified in making them.

Thats coming from someone whose biggest fault until this time was always believing the best in people. I don't do that anymore. Especially with the person concerned.
Na Fianna Dragun

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

aww shark :(
they killed your happyness :(

comf:

And imo that is sooo not a fault.
Its something more people should have :)

(i do it myself :p)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”