Heya all :)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Smaugen
Emerald Rider

Heya all :)

Post by Smaugen »

Heya all:)

Smaugen from Walkers of Legend and former NE alliance on Prydwen Hib side here.
First of all, hello to all old buddies:) Long time no see.

I have recently reopened my DAOC account. I just bought catacombs and Darkness rising aswell. I can start off with telling you guys that I havent played this game for almost 2 years now due to the WoW sickness:o And as I have noticed, lot have changed since then.

But here it comes and now I need your help:)
Last night i reconfigured my keyboard and wandered off to the frontier with good mood. I loved being back. But suddenly I saw something moving. Wohaa! A briton. And I attacked as I would have done 2 years ago. But he just ran over me. I didnt even notice what had hit me lol. And after that all enemy players I meet just whooped me big time.
The question is. Where do I start to get my character strong so I can keep up with normal skilled players again?
Again I havent played since TOA, so I dont know what to do in the 2 new expansions. Is there something I have to focus at in Catacombs and Darkness Rising?
I have ML 6 on my main. Is the Masterlevels still important?
Can someone please be kind to help me get back to this amazing game? Need someone to point me in the right direction here on forum. Maybe give some links to good websites and so on:)
Help me please:D
All information is appreciated

Best regards
Smaugen
Smaugen - LVL 50 Blademaster: Proud member of Walkers of Legend and master of doh!!!

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

hiya, for the TOA stuff i would still check visionofsages.net , they are a lot easier now and artifacts you just need credit and a book, leveling them is easier as well.
A lot of the natures eye alliances are around still, feel free to give me a shout in game if you want to chat and i can try to explain some of the changes. <waves>
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

Try to get an overview what is in templates nowadays.
This should also give you an idea what people are looking towards.

There might be a lull at the moment in ML raids but it recently picked up again. Best to get them done. Depending on raid leader it is also a nice way to pick up some interesting items, especially on ML9.

Catacombs is not really that important except maybe one or two items from mobs down there. On the other hand there are some very good quests (especially in the Underground Forest) that help with gaining C(hampion)L(evel) xp.

DR is a nice expansion that can round out your character. The level 30 quest is time consuming but should be soloable. Level 40 is interesting and can gain you a nice weapon that might or might not fit your template.
Level 50 part requires a very good group or 2 to finish the quest at the end and keel Cromcruiach. Overall this can give you CL3. Rest is easy enough to gain in RvR although any PvE will help too.

The main point for the CLs is to get you the horse (in the King's throne room from the quartermaster) and to get saddle bags on your horse (to carry siege or other stuff). CL2 allows the first saddle bag and each further CL unlocks another one. Horses range from 250 for PvE only, start with 1p for RvR and end up with 15p for a special looking horse. Apart from the looks all RvR horses do the same things.
You can then enhance the looks of your horse with armor (linked to your CL again) if you know or are a good crafter (Legendary status in secondary skills within mundane crafts).

One big change is the reduction of barrels (100 potion pot) to 3,6 and 9 charges in the next patch. While it lasted, it was a very good way to have a 1 min insta heal/endu/power boost. Still is but requires now more slots (have I told you about the saddle bags?).

The DR abilities are simple abilities comparable to about level 20 abililities from any class other than your base and you can gain abilities from other classes. For example a heal like a naturalist class or a ranged damage spell from Magicians. While not overly powerful they help a bit in areas where you consider yourself weak.
For each CL level you can choose to advance one level vertical or horizontal in the base abilities. That is you can go for a level 3 ability as CL3 or have 3 level 1 abilities - or any combination. These can be spread across any base line.
If you are a level 50 then your starting point should be to see your trainer in TNN first, then follow the quest to get to the King to start your CL. Any xp you gain afterwards will count towards CL xp too.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Smaugen
Emerald Rider

Post by Smaugen »

Thanks for all response:)
Great info. Will start off with the Champion levels then.
About artifacts. What you say is I dont need THE REAL ARTIFACT to get the item ? Only credit and 3 scrolls ? So for encouters I have done but never got the artifact I now only need the 3 scrolls to activate the item ?
This sounds like fun:)

Okey will get back to you guys when I got more questions. Now I have to start the Champion levels and explore abit:)
Smaugen - LVL 50 Blademaster: Proud member of Walkers of Legend and master of doh!!!

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

yes they just grant credit now so if you have done them then you just need a book.
also check that your characters are not naked, there was a crash a while back and some people lost items.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Smaugen
Emerald Rider

Post by Smaugen »

Will check all my characters then. What to do if things are missing ? Is there some way to recover things again?

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

if you are missing things you rightnow it to GOA, they will replace artifacts yo have lost and give money and gems for other stuff if you cant remember exactly what it was

Smaugen
Emerald Rider

Post by Smaugen »

As far as I know I does not seem to be missing anything. :)
Last night I did some PvE just learn to play my character again. Its fun to be back, and Im looking forward to go out in the frontier again and play some real RvR:)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”