GOA gives the big wavey finger

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

Ankh Morpork wrote:I am not a number, I am a free man!

/Ankh
LOL that made me laugh ^^
the sedond I read it I actually heard the voice in my head
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

alduan
Emerald Rider

Post by alduan »

at this point I pretty much only want my items back so I can sell my acc
Audible 6l0 Bainshee omg wtf pwnd stripped by goa
Alduan 5l8 Eldy getting his gear updated

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

Wonder if there is any "last date" to report your stripped char.
I havent reported my Vamp yet, tought I might aswell wait untill some day in the far future when everythings sorted.

But wouldnt suprise me if they say : To late!
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Chenata
Emerald Rider

Post by Chenata »

Requiel wrote:it doesn't seem right to me to keep around 20,000 people (which is approximately the number of active English players) waiting because a couple of hundred of them still have characters that need to be restored.
well true, but the couple of hundred that havent got there accounts restored and still have payd for a service.. thos 12 days free doesnt realy help me that have wated over 1 moth for my account to get fixt..

tho looking forward to clustring tho wuld be fun to play my naked charrs then ..

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Tare wrote:
a: How many people are still waiting on their restored items?
b: How long will it take to finish the restoration process?
c: Will clustering affect the restoration process?
answer on question a:
Requiel wrote:We have approximately 500 reports still to go which means we're about 80% of the way through the list.

answer on question b: (was posted +- 30th september .... )
goa news wrote:Now the large majority have been resolved and we hope to have all the outstanding reports completed over the next few days.

answer on question c:
Requiel wrote:The GMs who are restoring items are nothing to do with the team that works on patches or the team that writes events.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Erce

Post by Erce »

both my accounts have had auto renew taken off, if bythe time they run out items haven;t been returned they stay closed. I have drawn my line.

No, I don't expect this to make any difference to the speed of returns,but at least I fell I have taken control of my account again.

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

Wonder if there is any "last date" to report your stripped char.
I havent reported my Vamp yet, tought I might aswell wait untill some day in the far future when everythings sorted.

Luz they wont say to late, some might be back for DR, and they should also have the chance to get their chars fixed.

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Luz wrote:Wonder if there is any "last date" to report your stripped char.

There isn't a final date as such but if youleave it too long there will be no accessable logs and so we'll only be able to restore quest items and artifacts. Everything else will be compensated with cash (the RoG merchants wll disappear too).

With regard to the whole issue of us 'breaking our promise', there is a big difference between what we said - which was that we planned to cluster after the restoration was complete - and a promise to complete restoration before clustering. I've already given the reasons why we can't - and shouldn't - hold off on clustering. While I do understand that it's frustrating for people who are still waiting for items, there is no duplicity here, we aren't trying to slide anything past you and neither have we broken any firm vow. We made an estimate and had to revise our plans based on the developing situation. It's not intended, and shouldn't be taken as, a kick in the teeth for the people who are still waiting.

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

mmm very diplomatic answer Req, you worked for Chirac by any chance? ;)

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Well i spend over an hour last night to find the post where Requiel said that the chars would all be restored before clustering would take place but I didnt find it. So if i get this straight: Cos you didnt promise to get everyone sorted and only said you would that makes it right to just go ahead with clustering?

Ppl are already so unhappy with how things have gone lately, cant you see that with doing this it only makes things worse? Yes it might seem unfair to 20 000 ppl to wait but its only fair that you sort out the ppl that got skinned first since that is still what you said would happen.

500 reports still have to be sorted you said in your last post ... lets that doesnt seem much compared to 20 000, but if all 500 would stand around you then it is A LOT of ppl that are very unhappy.

and no i'm not one of the ppl that got skinned, i wasnt affected at all and i praise myself a very lucky person. But I feel very sorry for ppl who have their main stripped and that were also looking forward to clustering and who wont be able to enjoy it to the fullest.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”