GOA gives the big wavey finger

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
levelnix
Emerald Rider

Post by levelnix »

Requiel wrote:Originally when we got the list of affected characters from Mythic, we anticipated 2-3 weeks to deal with the issue, by then we'd have had long enough to make sure that Prydwen was stable and there'd be no complications for clustering.
When the server came back up and we started gettting the reports, it was clear that the list we had bore no resemblance to reality at all and the problem was much bigger than we'd been led to believe. Our original announcement was based on the estimate of 3 weeks or so to clear the majority of reports. Now obviously we're a month and a half on and there are still quite a few to do. However there's no technical reason not to cluster and it's something the community of both servers have been looking forward to for some time. It will make no difference to the people who are still waiting and will make a lot of people happy as it's been postponed twice now. We have done the majority of the item replacement requests and it doesn't seem right to me to keep around 20,000 people (which is approximately the number of active English players) waiting because a couple of hundred of them still have characters that need to be restored.
good said and go on server needs cluster tbh
don t listen to whiners

levelnix
levelnix

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

levelnix wrote:good said and go on server needs cluster tbh
don t listen to whiners

levelnix

I haven't got that problem myself, but I doubt you would say that if you'r main char was still stripped. ;D

Still if it will have no effect on giving back items to players I guess it dosent matter.

Arvengar
Emerald Rider

Post by Arvengar »

Requiel wrote:Originally when we got the list of affected characters from Mythic, we anticipated 2-3 weeks to deal with the issue, by then we'd have had long enough to make sure that Prydwen was stable and there'd be no complications for clustering.
When the server came back up and we started gettting the reports, it was clear that the list we had bore no resemblance to reality at all and the problem was much bigger than we'd been led to believe. Our original announcement was based on the estimate of 3 weeks or so to clear the majority of reports. Now obviously we're a month and a half on and there are still quite a few to do. However there's no technical reason not to cluster and it's something the community of both servers have been looking forward to for some time. It will make no difference to the people who are still waiting and will make a lot of people happy as it's been postponed twice now. We have done the majority of the item replacement requests and it doesn't seem right to me to keep around 20,000 people (which is approximately the number of active English players) waiting because a couple of hundred of them still have characters that need to be restored.
So lets get this straight, the couple of hundred accounts still waiting to be restored will be unaffected by clustering. They will not be missing the launch of one of the biggest RvR events people have been waiting for for months, due to no kit which will make them fish food if they venture RvR? Their restoration will not be set aside due to Rightnows due to clustering issues, such as duplicate names and other such bugs such a large change to the server is going to see arise? Its irrelivant that we were promised faithfully by GOA that this would not be the case, and we would all at a disadvantage due to items stripped when clustering hit? It doesn't matter that we've not seen any movement in the restoration progress for the past couple of weeks?

I'm sorry but this doesn't fly any more, if there's ONLY a couple of hundred people left to restore then u should pour on the manpower, like u did at the start of the Prydwen crash, to quickly finish the restoration off and keep ur promise to the Prydwen community. It would take u what, roughly a week, if u really made an effort? Yes it'll delay clustering a little bit more, but the good will it would generate from the Prydwen community, because we would then know u would take pains to keep ur promises to us, would far outweigh the slight delay in clustering. I mean who is going to shoot u if u post "Sorry, clustering is delayed by 1 more week, so we can keep our promises to the Prydwen community, and finish the restoration of characters from the Prydwen Database crash."?

And if it sounds like I'm moaning, then yea I am - after 7 weeks of seeing my characters stripped and then seeing promises to us broken, I think I have a right to.
Alb/Excal
Karatakus 50 Paladin ML10 Warlord <Drakan Templars>
Arvarn 50 Scout ML10 Sojo <Drakan Templars>
Boatnbuff 50 Cleric ML10 Perfector <Drakan Templars>
and lots of other alts :D

Hib/Pryd
Erlani 50 Druid ML10 Convoker <Fallen Spirits>
Jelania 50 Champion ML3 Banelord <Fallen Spirits>
Rhay 41 Animist <Fallen Spirits>
Tirlenna 40 Enchanter <Fallen Spirits>
Arvengar 34 Blademaster <Fallen Spirits>
and many others :D

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Yet another poor showoff from Goa, guessed someday u'd have learnt ... guess i was wrong. :nono:
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Arvengar wrote: And if it sounds like I'm moaning, then yea I am - after 7 weeks of seeing my characters stripped and then seeing promises to us broken, I think I have a right to.
no ]/Ankh[/B]

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

I have to say I actually agree with GOA on this one. Providing clustering will cause no problems for those who haven't yet had their items restored then I see no reason why clustering shouldn't go ahead - saying "No you shouldn't cluster for everyone else because I haven't got my stuff back yet" is kinda spiteful and selfish. Now, I know having to have gone without items for 2months or so must REALLY suck but at the same time you have to look at it from other people's point of view who are playing and, perhaps I'm wrong but those who are fine are the majority now.

As I mentioned though it does come down to my first comment - it comes down to whether clustering can go in without causing further problems - i.e. delays in the process, if they can cluster without more problems then great but you can't blame people for being cynical about GOA clustering without further problems either so it's understandable some maybe upset still.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

On one hand i can understand why GOA would want to go ahead and cluster, but on the other it is a big kick in the teeth to thoose still waiting to be restored.

That the lost items problem was far worse then was expected cannot be doubted but with the patch and show in france over the last few weeks we have seen little progress.

How are the people still waiting supposed to feel? we have seen on the news and email that the problems have been resolved and now we are being told that clustering will go ahead before restoration is complete.
Is it any wonder that perple are feeling disappointed and that they have been lied to.

I think its a credit to the community we have built up that we have stuck together through this but the crash has caused great harm, and the apathy is getting to dangerous level.
The boulder has started rolling, people shrugging and giving up to move elsewhere, each that goes leaves a gap in the community, which makes it harder for everyone else.

GOA really need to stop that boulder rolling before if picks up too much speed, they have made a great trailer, im hoping to see it in all the UK game mag cd's and hopefully bring in new blood.
The game needs to be advertised and available for people that want to play to get started.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Anthon
Emerald Rider

Post by Anthon »

I agrre 100% with Arvengar.

You could do 50 restorations a day in the beginning. Why not now? Ppl can wait 1 more week for clustering. With other words, you did 80% very fast and 20% extremely slow (less ppl to do it). Why? Those 20% ppl feel like they are less important then the other 80% cos you can't give them a fast restoration.

And no, I lost nothing, so I don't wait for a fix. I just feel sorry for the ppl who are still waiting.

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Requiel has made a perfectly valid point on this occasion. There is a global picture to look at which he has stated without the mention of the people who still play Excalibur. I can say from a local level that mids on Excalibur cannot wait any longer, they are getting impatient.

I was affected by the cluster and recently I saw a friend who was unaffected by the 'big problem' so to speak and yet when we patched he has since found his character stripped - ofc i had left over seals from what I was given and duly helped him out in the meantime - even if it was a mid level character.

Sure Excalibur users did not suffer the same problems as we have here but you may realise that alot of them do play here (probably not on the devoted basis you lot do :) ) but some of them were affected like yourselves. But they are getting impatient as they want to bring a closer community with their English speaking bretheren (Gandelf quote arrrgh :s ) and there is no real reason not to cluster while dealing with the backlog of people who need their character restoration in which Requiel has made his point succinctly.

levelnix
Emerald Rider

Post by levelnix »

[quote="Elrandhir"]I haven't got that problem myself, but I doubt you would say that if you'r main char was still stripped. ]
nearly all lost something and near everyone has/had a char who lost
items but really no reason to stop clustering for all
read what aran wrote the depression after crash + clusterdelay
kills the server atm ;( and sadly he is right

levelnix
levelnix

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”