Hey Guys, just a quick question about items on nonactive accs

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Runsya
Emerald Rider

Hey Guys, just a quick question about items on nonactive accs

Post by Runsya »

I am having a break from daoc sadly atm, and can read forums like once a while in the week because i dont have much acces to internet where i am stayin now. Anyway i wanted ask if you guys know anything about the accounts/chars who werent active during that "corruption" of server or i dont know how to call it. Is there a chance i will be missing also some items or no?

Anyway thnx for reading :cheers:
Runsya- rr7 Ranger :noangel: - Prydwen
Siktifil - rr5 Minstrel :cowgif: - Excalibur

having a break from the game...

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Ive heard of people who had closed accounts at the time who lost items so the answer is - Yes, it might have affected your chars too.

/Ankh

Overdue

Post by Overdue »

Runsya wrote:I am having a break from daoc sadly atm, and can read forums like once a while in the week because i dont have much acces to internet where i am stayin now. Anyway i wanted ask if you guys know anything about the accounts/chars who werent active during that "corruption" of server or i dont know how to call it. Is there a chance i will be missing also some items or no?

Yeah Devera got owned matey:< your ml10 swords gone
Devera the 10th Season Thunderer Blademaster
Gori the 8th Season Silver Hand Bard
Deify the 9th Season Flammen Vakten Spiritmaster

Retired

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Runsya wrote:I am having a break from daoc sadly atm, and can read forums like once a while in the week because i dont have much acces to internet where i am stayin now. Anyway i wanted ask if you guys know anything about the accounts/chars who werent active during that "corruption" of server or i dont know how to call it. Is there a chance i will be missing also some items or no?

Yes. I had one account closed during the period of the corruption, reopened it to check my characters and found 2 were totally stripped and a number of others had stuff missing/empty vaults.

Your alts will not have been spared because the account was inactive.

I would suggest reopening for a month, doing a check on your alts and get a RightNow! in ASAP.
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Briannon wrote: I would suggest reopening for a month, doing a check on your alts and get a RightNow! in ASAP.
I did that one one of my accounts, but it was free from corruption :)

/Ankh

Nejtun
Emerald Rider

Post by Nejtun »

Overdue wrote:Yeah Devera got owned matey:< your ml10 swords gone
but as luck would have it , that ML10 seord has a very specific name , so you will get this back np :)
Nejtun Eld ML10 Convoker
Mwa Enchanter ML10 Convoker
Nayten Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Qois Ranger ML10 Sojourner
Blam Dr00D ML10 Perfector
<Guildmaster Incorporated>
ChungalungaWarlock :O( fun for 5 minutes )
Coal Hunter
Natheh BD

Cernos
Emerald Rider

Post by Cernos »

I've asked this question to RightNow and have been told by GOA that it is possible that closed accounts, even ones closed for a substantial period of time, can be affected by this problem.

I also asked GOA the following questions:

1) My account has been closed for six months. If I play again it will not be until Darkness Rising is released. If at that time I find my characters have lost items due to this recent database corruption, will it still be possible for you to retrospectively restore them at this later date?

2) When Darkness Rising is released, my decision whether to purchase the expansion will be influenced by knowing my characters are exactly as I left them when I closed my account. If I cannot log into Prydwen for FREE for a number of days to check if my characters have lost items, then I am far less likely to decide to purchase the expansion. Therefore, it is good business sense for GOA to include closed accounts in any offer of compensatory free time, so we can check our characters. Therefore, will GOA offer this?

Here's GOA reply:

1. Yes. We can offer you the same service then we're offering players who lost items now.

2. We will offer free days to accounts that were open the day Prydwen went down. We will not offer free days to accounts that were closed that day. I see your point but I'm afraid you're going to have to wait untill you open your account before you will know for sure.

GOA's answer to question 1) is good news, but GOA's answer to question 2) is very disappointing indeed and displays an approach to customer service which I must say is very poor indeed, but not untypical of what I have experienced from GOA in the past.

If GOA think I'm going to pay to open my accounts to find out if my characters have been stripped they're having a laugh.

Looks like GOA can shove any chance of me playing Darkness Rising where the sun don't shine.

Runsya
Emerald Rider

Post by Runsya »

I can't reopen it atm, in russia noone is allowing me to play daoc in internet cafe or other mmo other than ultima online...Also where I am staying(student dormis) doesnt have also internet(damn russian mentality). Even if i could open it and it is stripped al my suits etc, i dont think i will have enough time to rightnow/remember all of the chars. So i guess MMO time for me is finished :(.

I got another question though, are there restoring all items for all accounts 1 by 1 or they do that to only active accounts or only to accounts whose player ask for it.

Hope there will be some new good game like DAOC when i am back from russia so can catch up again.

Take care all, already missed you all :satyn2:
Runsya- rr7 Ranger :noangel: - Prydwen
Siktifil - rr5 Minstrel :cowgif: - Excalibur

having a break from the game...

Nejtun
Emerald Rider

Post by Nejtun »

Runsya wrote:I got another question though, are there restoring all items for all accounts 1 by 1 or they do that to only active accounts or only to accounts whose player ask for it.
infortunatly you have to ask , as the items dont actually show up as misiing till you log in , even at the char select screen , you are fully dressed until you click "play " then your stuff vanishes, your face drops , your eyes well up with tears like a lost puppy , then you do a right now , and they can restore you if you are online or not .
Nejtun Eld ML10 Convoker
Mwa Enchanter ML10 Convoker
Nayten Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Qois Ranger ML10 Sojourner
Blam Dr00D ML10 Perfector
<Guildmaster Incorporated>
ChungalungaWarlock :O( fun for 5 minutes )
Coal Hunter
Natheh BD

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”