AC raids GOA start a discussion:

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Imo the guards should be buffed out of peak time, so that even if it is a PvE raid you still need a raid not just a couple of groups.

It's not perfect, but at least it makes AC raids take almost as much organisation as a prime-time raid, wihtout locking the relics completely.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Locking relics overnight is not the answer, because it removes choice for those who play overnight.

The best solution is for Mythic to re-think the whole concept of how the frontiers work and what they mean. I would even go as far as to question why we even need relics at all. They aren't really that important, which if true would then raise the question as to why ac raids are really worth worrying about.

I think it all boils down to the fact that relics are only important in so far as that it annoys you when yours have been captured. They don't make any significant difference to power and strength.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Ovi wrote:Imo the guards should be buffed out of peak time, so that even if it is a PvE raid you still need a raid not just a couple of groups.

It's not perfect, but at least it makes AC raids take almost as much organisation as a prime-time raid, wihtout locking the relics completely.
ooh me and you had the same idea ovi but mine was a lil diff.

my idea was flawed but yours is much better :)

MY idea was to check number of people in frountier and make sure there are x amt attacking it otherwise the keep would swarm with guards. (obviously would only work if relic stored there)

I think a few a/c raids have only had a few peeps not a whole zerg least thats why i think the last raid annoyed peeps.

the flaws were that albion could prolly amass a large force so even if that happened it would not prevent a/c mass raids just raids where lower numbers attend.
Also if a realm suffors from low numbers that wouldnt work :)

But your way seems easier and tbh would work well from a story pov.

When the heros go to bed the guards come out to play kinda thing :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gandelf wrote:Locking relics overnight is not the answer, because it removes choice for those who play overnight.

The best solution is for Mythic to re-think the whole concept of how the frontiers work and what they mean. I would even go as far as to question why we even need relics at all. They aren't really that important, which if true would then raise the question as to why ac raids are really worth worrying about.

I think it all boils down to the fact that relics are only important in so far as that it annoys you when yours have been captured. They don't make any significant difference to power and strength.
Not enough people play overnight on euro to take relics under normal circumstances, the only circumstances they can is when people specifically stay up with the single aim of doing an AC raid, if it's AC raids that need to be prevented then locking relics overnight is the only real way to do it.

No use pulling the discrimination against night time players card tbh when the current situation equally discriminates against those who can't afford to stay up all night, the best you can do is support the majority of players and I'm pretty sure the majority of players play in the day time somehow.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Hemuli
Emerald Rider

Post by Hemuli »

Gahn wrote:Too little too late imo. He should have thought better in TT incident for starters.
Why?

Those who doesn't know what TT incident is this is short story about it:

1. Albs AC relics
2. TT lowers keep where relic is holded to lvl1 so hibs can take relic back - becouse TT didn't liked AC raid and wanted to get hibs back to rvr
3. Hibs takes relic
4. Lot of whine
5. more whine

At all, I dunno what GOA can really do with tt incident as it's just legit what they did. Didn't broke up CoC etc.

Imo, it was nicely done.

And at all about AC raids. Never been in one, never liked em. Can't see what is idea about pve about relics when u can PvP for em :)
If looked for best solution, change whole relic concept or remove em.
- murr -

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. :|

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

I can understand why some albs might whine, but don't get why hibs or mids would in the TT incident. Kinda remonds me of when way back while I was playing mid and we took all relics, but as you got a penalty for having them all we droped one at the albion PK in odin's gate :)

Easiest solution would realy be to lock the relics betwean certain hours when there are to few people online.
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Hemuli wrote:Those who doesn't know what TT incident is this is short story about it:

1. Albs AC relics
2. TT lowers keep where relic is holded to lvl1 so hibs can take relic back - becouse TT didn't liked AC raid and wanted to get hibs back to rvr
3. Hibs takes relic
4. Lot of whine
5. more whine
This isn't quite correct.
Correct would be:-
1. Albs AC relics
2. TT lowers keep where relic is held to lvl1 (as done previously on various non-relic keeps without punishment)
3. Albs whine
4. Hibs still don't manage to retake relic cos hardly any Hibs left any more
5. GoA bans TT members for acting against the (undefined) "Spirit Of The Game".
6. Mucho whine

TT were punished for trying to make an effective statement against AC raids. This is what got a lot of people so worked up.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Same thing happend on Merlin, keep with relic got lowerd to lvl 1 and mids took it, a couple of /y about what wankers they were from albs, and a couple of thousand spam off /kiss from the mids is all that happend. And no, its not against the rule to spam emotes on US servers. Unless you spam a GM ~5000 times with rude that is (yes, I know someone who did it)
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Heta wrote:Same thing happend on Merlin, keep with relic got lowerd to lvl 1 and mids took it, a couple of /y about what wankers they were from albs, and a couple of thousand spam off /kiss from the mids is all that happend. And no, its not against the rule to spam emotes on US servers. Unless you spam a GM ~5000 times with rude that is (yes, I know someone who did it)
was anyone banned for doing it? and was it done in a way that was intentionally meant to annoy the other Albs? Or simply lowered and people were polite enough about it?

This is very important.

If you have links to the forums discussion I would really love to have those.

Pweese help Heta - having another example will improve the discussion on FH.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

/edit

nm Oohhoo posted
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”