Vanguard

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Mallus wrote:"I tried to play as necromancer yesterday, I think you need to be in a group to get it to work as I could only damage the easy mobs for like 40% before they took me down."

I've seen Necros soloing without any probs, must be something your not doing :p

Bloodmages are good but keep getting nerfed for "balance", still fun to play tho.

I doubt Vanguard is different enough to draw all the kiddie players from WoW -(pause for cheers)- but I reckon it will appeal to players looking for more of a challenge.
I've seen necros do it too - only not at level 1. I only have one spell when I start and even if i use max distance I only get the chance to cast it three times and then the mob is upon me. There isnt really much else I can do.

Thats actually why I wanna play Vanguard - cos I think the majority of the players might be older than the WoW players.

/Ankh

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

<ankh> wrote:Thats actually why I wanna play Vanguard - cos I think the majority of the players might be older than the WoW players.

/Ankh
yknow people knock WoW players but seriously i have had no probs with anyone..

well scratch that..

I have had a problem with one player .. i used the Bite emote to to let him know he was annoying me also..

But since was a PuG he didnt matter to me and certainly doesnt stop me enjoying the game :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

...but perhaps more people have problem with you :D

/Ankh

Mallus
Emerald Rider

Post by Mallus »

<ankh> wrote:I've seen necros do it too - only not at level 1. I only have one spell when I start and even if i use max distance I only get the chance to cast it three times and then the mob is upon me. There isnt really much else I can do.

Thats actually why I wanna play Vanguard - cos I think the majority of the players might be older than the WoW players.

/Ankh
funny you should say that - I've had trouble with all my chars on lvl 1 but from 2 onwards they've been fine :o
All chars retired, much as I loved DAOC nothing is for ever - but the first 2 years were the best imho :D

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Just the level 1 necro I had problem with :)

/Ankh

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Satyn wrote:ok .. i saw the video's and i dont really like the looks of it, specially not when he's riding a camel .. but Anders what on earth is a 'Psionicist'
Psionicist <- caster class..ive seen similar class in Wizardry tbh.
The camel is just one of quite a few mounts (including flying ones). I kind of like it as its pretty dull to only implant Horses.

/Ankh

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

<ankh> wrote:...but perhaps more people have problem with you :D

/Ankh
nah
im wonderful
why would they have a prob with me? :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

http://www.vanguardsohonline.com/

not really a good page (yet?) but there is some more info.

/Ankh

For Ellen:
VG Vanguard Psionicist

Although they may seem magical, the Psionicist skills are not magic, and will operate very differently and require different tactics than the abilities spell casting classes. The Psionicist will be able to construct weapons and buff allies by focusing her psychic power. She will also be able to chance mental stances to prioritize offense or support abilities in combat.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Return to “Other Games”