World of Warcraft Accounts Closed Worldwide (12-21-06)

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

When I've played, one thing that has annoyed me is when you get characters standing near the auction house in Ironforge, spamming the selling of gold.

I would just love to be able to go and nuke them. I wonder if Blizzard could implement some sort of option that all players could toggle that would allow those who advertise gold to be killed? It would be great. I've also had letters in my in-game post that advertise gold. It's a difficult problem to eradicate. But, I do think that one day the developers will come up with some system that will solve the problem once and for all. Whatever that will be, I just don't know, but maybe some sort of system where gold can only be exchanged from one character to another by a third party, who would be like a Blizzard official. I think I'm correct in assuming that most (probably all) of the characters who trade gold are only low-level characters... if they get discovered and banned, it's no big deal, they can just create a new character. But if gold could only be exchanged from high level characters or something, then those who sell gold would have to create high level characters to begin trading and if they were discovered and banned would have to start again. I don't know. They've either got to remove gold altogether, or reduce its importance, or find some secure way of exchanging it.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Gandelf wrote:When I've played, one thing that has annoyed me is when you get characters standing near the auction house in Ironforge, spamming the selling of gold.

I would just love to be able to go and nuke them. .
ive asked santa for that option ^^

ive not been playing that much but i know peeps whove been playing since it opened as it were and theyre about ready to quit as they now have to farm almost double the amount they used to simply to break even as the prices are just stupidly low.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

those statements are as credible and as funny as comunist propaganda :)
i got daily at least 10 spamms from gold sellers, but nevermind those.

a friend tried to sell an acc on ebay and got his ebay acc blocked temporary due to this transaction.Yet when ya browse on gold auctions there is literally dozens, so pfff @ blizzard
they do shite 8-)
anyhow, merry xmas :p
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

...as you can see its not just WoW who's done some banning lately.
Final Fantasy XI Official Web Site wrote:Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been suspended or permanently terminated.

Based on the results of our investigation, over 7,450 PlayOnline accounts were terminated while over 250 accounts were temporarily suspended indefinitely.

The breakdown for the suspensions is as follows:

- Accounts confirmed using third party tools to illegally move their characters:
400 cases

- Accounts confirmed using third party tools to give an unfair advantage over other
players in order to get claim on Notorious Monsters.
4400 cases

- Accounts confirmed using illegal means to obtain items
100 cases

- Accounts from people that were previously confirmed to have RMT connections, or that had violated the user agreements but re-subscribed to PlayOnline.
2800 cases

The results of our investigation resulted in the confiscation of over 6.2 Billion gil

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (real money trading) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

While we did not include a RMT heading in this announcement, RMT related activities are being investigated by a separate group and we plan to act on the results of this investigation at a later date. With the newly revised policies in effect, our GM teams are not only pursuing the buy and sell of gil, but also the illegal actions by RMT affiliates who seek to control certain areas within FINAL FANTASY XI with the purpose of furthering RMT related activities.

As of Dec. 10, the development team implemented a fix to prevent items from being obtained in an illegal manner. Action has been taken against accounts that participated in these activities.

To ensure that our customers can enjoy the game safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

Source:
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news9334.shtml

/Ankh

Argyleyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Argyleyn »

They do ban gold sellers in wow, the spam you are refering to mostly comes from trial accounts which can be regained without any cost, so the problem keeps persisting.
Argyleyn, ex raven ardent prime prestidigitist.

Return to “Other Games”