wireless router

A home for those technical problems.
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Could just be crappy drivers. Try downloading new drivers from the manufacturers website. What make is it? D-Link are notorious for abysmal wireless LAN drivers.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Its an eTEC - the thing is the manual that came with it was so technical I am frightened to touch the bloomin thing. I keep forgetting to look at it again - it would be nice to sort it out because I would be able to run the BB and ventrilo on it and then get fraps moving on my PC...
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

It sounds like my original situation with my Netgear wireless router. Everything worked via cable, but via wireless it looked OK, ipconfig settings etc, but nothing worked.

I stopped using Wireless, but I did make some config changes to the router. When I got a new work laptop I tried wireless again and everything works fine. So I don't know which changes made the difference.

I know I updated the firmware, which was the biggest change, but I also at one point re-did the whole configuration although it was to what I thought was the same but maybe it wasn't.

So it might be worth checking for updated firmware, and the resetting the router to factory defaults and then reconfiguring it.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

do you advise doing this 15mins before joining the NFD randoms tonight? ;)
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Erce

Post by Erce »

Just an update, after everyones lovely help we were still stuck, but today we read about installing Service Pack 2 we did that, and the damned thing now works fine:-)

So, looks like that was it... stoopid thing
Erce..animist (retired)
Erehey..VW (retired)

druid in wow....(retired )

Return to “Tech Help”