Prices

A home for those technical problems.
Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Prices

Post by Arcsalin »

Any one have any prices in english sterling for socket a motherboards that can hold an amd xp 2800 (yeah yeah old chip big deal i aint exactly got a fortune) ie websites etc. Last board I had was msi k7n2 delta mobo but my local dealer is encouraging me to revert to Gigabyte board. A few opinions please with some nice cheap options on motherboards and I might consider coming back to game asap :)

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

what socket is it? Socket 754,939,940 ? (Can't remember which one).

/Ankh

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Check out this supplier, they're usually about the least expensive:-

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

If it's any help, I had a Gigabyte board and it was shit :p

I generally go for ASUS/abit they've always generally seemed to be the best mobo manufacturers out there.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

I'm using Asus A8N5X atm and I like it alot, before that I used Asus A7V600-X.

/Ankh

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Ive got an epox one which is excellent for overclocking. Sorry i'm useless and cant remember the model.

If you're prepared for a gamble and can wait, you may well be able to pick up a good value one from ebay.

Ebuyer do boards for around £20, never bought one myself but wonder if anyone else has here? To be fair they do get good reviews by purchasers.

And agree with Anhk, Asus do very good boards.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Asus A8N5X was awsome for overclocking...it has great software that let you overclock it from windows (so no need to enter the bios) with loads of options (I think A8N5X is their first AI card ...artificial intelligence...no idea why they call it that but I guess its cos it sounds cool ;) )

Edit: The A8N5X also have NVIDIA nForce4 SLI

/Ankh

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Atleast I found some info on it :)

AI NOS™
Boost performance when you need it the most!
Applications such as 3D games and video editing demand a huge chunk of system resource. Inject "nitrous oxide" into your CPU! The patented AI NOS™ (Non-delay Overclocking System) technology intelligently detects system load and automatically boosts performance for the most demanding tasks. Unlike other dynamic overclocking techniques, AI NOS™ reacts much faster to satisfy your unending need for speeds .

AI Clock Skew
AI Clock Skew optimizes this motherboard's memory overclocking capability and provides users the fastest computing speed possible. When users overclock memory frequency, AI Clock Skew automatically skews the memory clock signal timing, thus improving memory overclocking capability by 10 to 15%, depending on the memory features. AI Clock Skew also allows users to separately adjust each memory channel's clock signal to reach the highest memory frequency.

/Ankh

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

[quote="Cromcruaich"]Ive got an epox one which is excellent for overclocking. Sorry i'm useless and cant remember the model.

If you're prepared for a gamble and can wait, you may well be able to pick up a good value one from ebay.

Ebuyer do boards for around &#163]
Never bought a mobo from eBuyer but I bought a 7800 512mb AGP card from there a couple of weeks ago so that I could play Ghost Recon: AW without having to spend like £1.5k on a new dual core 64bit machine just to get PCI-E. Delivery was next day (ordered about 11am, came about 1pm next day) and all was good!
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Im using a dual core 3.8ghz 64bit Amd atm with the motherboard I mentioned an GF7000GTX pci-e. :)

Edit: Expensive equipment which I wouldnt afford normally.. but I was lucky.

Edit2: Thats a good game Xest, but the AI is abit dull.

/Ankh

Return to “Tech Help”