New Monitor

A home for those technical problems.
Ivory
Emerald Rider

New Monitor

Post by Ivory »

Hi, am considering buying the below, my technical knowlegde of any thing with a plug is somewhat limit :) wondered if this sounded a good monitor for playing games on.

:cowgif:

Starlogic 17" LCD Monitor 16ms 1280x1024 at 75Hz

Technical Data

17.0" TFT Active Matrix LCD Display
Viewing Angle H140deg , V125deg
Brightness: 260
Contrast Ratio: 400:
Response time: 16ms
Display: 16.7m colors
Max resolution: 1280 x 1024 (SXGA)
Pixel Pitch: 0.264mm(H)x0.264mm(V)
Connector RGB Analog D-sub 15-pins
Audio: Stereo phone jack
Internal Speaker: 2W x 2 (Stereo)

Manufacturer's Description
With its sleek silver-black design, the new Starlogic 17" LCD Monitor is set to take off as a real eye catcher. It has a fast 16 ms reaction time and a contrast ratio of 400:1 and is also extremely presentable. Excellent picture quality is therefore guaranteed.
The key application areas for the Starlogic displays are games, videos and multimedia presentations. This is where reaction time, brightness and contrast ratio are important criteria. The Starlogic 17" LCD Monitor also addresses business customers by virtue of its 17" viewing area. It is ideally suited for complex image processing programs or CAD/CAE applications. Thanks to its Plug & Play and 15-pin D-sub video signal input, integration into existing infrastructures presents no problems.

This super sleek multimedia display monitor includes two integrated speakers positioned below the screen. The monitor can be mounted against a wall with the included stand.

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

looks good enuff to me.. my TFT monitor is much the same as that one.. apart from mine is about 18ms i think but handles in game np.. plus there nice a bright, takes a few days to get used to the different look of the gfx .. and not given me any problems at all.. fast enuff. very satisfied with mine anyhow..
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

Very important with TFT, make sure your PC can handle games at the recomended resolution.

thing is most TFT are pretty much designed for a specific resolution, like mine at home is 1280x1024. Which was not to good before I upgraded my GFX card to handle games at that higher resolution.
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Return to “Tech Help”