Moderator: willowywicca

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

Malev explains things much better than me :(

Flobba Job
Emerald Rider

Post by Flobba Job »

i know, but so far i have seen the american version and i really like it, also so what if his cigerette's been placed with a lollypop? its way better that way, i loved the idea. seriously i love all of one piece except for osup, and he's going to be extrememly annoying either way so if i can get it in english then i would like to do so, also i didn't think they did exist in english on DVD, i was just being hopeful

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Flobba Job wrote:i know, but so far i have seen the american version and i really like it, also so what if his cigerette's been placed with a lollypop? its way better that way, i loved the idea. seriously i love all of one piece except for osup, and he's going to be extrememly annoying either way so if i can get it in english then i would like to do so, also i didn't think they did exist in english on DVD, i was just being hopeful

Well, I guess that's a matter of opinion ^^ Personally I think changing characters to be more suited to kiddy audiences in an anime which is mostly about bloody battles is kinda a stupid idea. But then, I did some more searching on the differences and found this website:

http://onepieceuncensored.tripod.com/

While many of the comparison pages are down for some reason, a fair few are up (e.g. http://onepieceuncensored.tripod.com/series/ep001.html http://onepieceuncensored.tripod.com/series/ep002.html http://onepieceuncensored.tripod.com/series/ep016.html etc.. ) From looking at that I can see why you dislike Usopp, sounds like most of his good/redeeming scenes got edited out by Funimation :p Just look at the comparison of ep 17, there's like 2mins worth of Usopp character development completely deleted :I Oh, they even edited out so much that eps 11+12 got cut down to 1 episode in the english dub, fantastic stuff.

Still though, I really can't help but lol at the thought of what they're gonna do for the Luffy vs Crocodile fight, given that they want to edit out all the blood in the anime. Heck maybe they're just gonna edit out the fight altogether, to save them the hassle of figuring a way around the fact luffy was only able to touch crocodile due to being completely coated in his own blood :D

Btw Usopp's new Sogeking incarnation is made of win! ]

[Edit2: reading through this site is making me cry :p I'm soooo glad I haven't had to watch the dub, and yeah it's more and more clear why you don't like Usopp "The defining moment of Usopp's fight is cut. I don't see any point to cutting this, and I don't see any point to defending 4Kids after this. In the Japanese version, Usopp tricked Chu (that one merman who was chasing him) into thinking he died by splattering ketchup on himself. As he lays on the ground thinking of how he got off easy, he gets up and decides to make it look more like he made an effort against him. He tries coming up with excuses, but then he remembers Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Nami, Nojiko, and the villagers, and their determination to stop Arlong, and then he remembers Kaya and the Usopp Pirates and begins to cry. The dub removes all of this. Whatever 4Kids's intentions with this show were, it delved into removing emotion, and it's not something they would pull in even any other dub of theirs. See what kind of a raw deal this show is getting? To make them look further like idiots, Usopp's tears are still visible in the dub, even though he NEVER STARTS CRYING (3 minutes, 53 seconds)." ]

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor
Malevolencia Lurikeen Champion

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

I was pissed off that Pelle Surived hthat bomb, i thought he had a perfect Death, same with Mr 8.

Sogeking rocks, its funny that he and Zoro are taking on the Second and Third strongest CP9 members, does that mean Sogeking is stronger than Sanji? :)

That bird that Sanji is fighting is really funny, can't wait to find out what her devils fruit does, Giraph man was really funny, i love the way he suprised the hell out of himself.

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

Bleach has been Licenced!

Lunar have stopped subbing it :(
At least its in Filler season at the moment, the Manga rocks tho

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Bubble wrote:Bleach has been Licenced!

Lunar have stopped subbing it :(
At least its in Filler season at the moment, the Manga rocks tho

Lunar were always a few episodes behind recently anyways, I doubt any of the other groups (dattebayo/bleach-society/hell-fansubs) are gonna be dropping it too. Lunar were ofc better subbers, but the other versions are all pretty watchable too.

Shakugan no Shana has just 1 episode left to go! Can eveything be resolved?! Hmm, I think not tbh :< They've still completely forgotten about that girl who kokuhaku'ed that guy (wow, I rock with names). Dunno why that's the main gripe I have though, I guess all the rest of the show is pretty decent then ^^ The action is lacking throughout the series though, nothing that's very "sugoi!" or "kakkoi!", but it was ofc gonna take a lot to impress me since I'm not accustomed to high levels of coolness :( Damn you Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's :( The main focus of the series wasn't really the action though (despite how it seemed it would be or should (?) of been) but rather the relationship between Shana and Yuji. Ah romance, ain't it great! or something :p With ep23 we finally have shana realizing and proclaiming her love for Yuji, so in ep24 all that's left is to rescue Yuji and live happily ever after? Maybe, we'll see :o

I started on the Hajime no Ippo manga, have read up to volume 15 now, which is when Ippo has started on the path to challenging Date Eiji (he's just beat the rank 5 guy who copied Date's style), and also the bit about Miyata's improved counter in thailand. Must say, they made Mashiba look way eviler/creepier in the anime. Other than that, it's pretty much the same as the anime (i.e. I love it :p ) and I really can't wait to get to the new material that wasn't covered in the anime, but for now I'm enjoying reliving it all \o/ The anime really did a good job bringing the manga to life imo, I would say it's about equal to the manga (whereas normally the manga is far far better for most shows). Mahoraba retains the solo title of "Only Anime to surpass the manga", atleast for me :p

That being said, I caught up with the mahoraba manga too! :p (nice segue huh?) Up to vol10 is scanlated atm, which means it's now past the anime (whose ending was a made up anime thing, not manga based, even though I enjoyed it immensely), while I still think the anime did it's parts better than the manga did them, the parts which weren't covered in the anime are a very entertaining read. Especially since Shiratori actually managed a Kokuhaku! And since then it seems that Kozue's other personalities are starting to disappear (they also have all fallen in love with shiratori, which is quite amusing :p ). Can't be much longer til the manga concludes, only a few volumes more and things should be all wrapped up :o

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

I never thought about trying the mahoraba manga, i really liked the anime so i guess i felt there was no need.

(That being said, i baught all the fruits basket manga i could after watching the anime and loved both, i liked the voice actor who played tohru)

I'm watching a funny anime called Kage Kara Mamoru, its sorta like a cross between a harum anime and ninja one :) I suggest downloading and trying the first episode, some of the bits in it really made me laugh.

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Bubble wrote:I never thought about trying the mahoraba manga, i really liked the anime so i guess i felt there was no need.

(That being said, i baught all the fruits basket manga i could after watching the anime and loved both, i liked the voice actor who played tohru)

I'm watching a funny anime called Kage Kara Mamoru, its sorta like a cross between a harum anime and ninja one :) I suggest downloading and trying the first episode, some of the bits in it really made me laugh.

Argh! I've been watching it too already, guess I forgot to mention it >< I think it's really entertaining too, tis weird that there's two really nice harem series this season (magikano + this) when normally there's none at all. KKM has pretty much all very standardish character types.. Yuna the immensely stupid nice one, Airi the tsundereko, the green haired girl whose name I suddenly can't remember is the lolicon bait, then there's tsubaki the kendo girl (who's actually really funny, her bit in the talent/idol show was great ^^ ) and finally that purple haired girl, uhm... hotaru? was that her name? argh, I should remember x< who I'm not sure what stereotype she fits into right now, but I'm sure she's one, anyway she's kawaii and that's the most important thing!

So yep, it's full of very stereotypical harem type characters (although the main lead is actually a very capable ninja besides being a worthless person in public, which is kinda different :p ) so it's surprising that they manage to pull off something quite nice imo using such a standard formula. And yeah now that I think about it, it *is* weird that a kendo girl is a "standard" harem girl type. Those crazy japanese with their bizarre fetishes! :D

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Whee, Magikano 9 and 10 released on consecutive days \o/ Can't wait til I get to watch em!

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

hehe, the last way to discribe Kage Kara Mamoru is Love Hina with Ninjas :P

I loved that Banana song, i'm downloading Magikano as i type, Mai Otome 23 is out as well, i wonder if Mai Otome is going to be 26 episodes long too like Mai Hime.

Edit-
Btw Magikano #10 rocked. Everyone loves Girl-Girl action \o/

Return to “Animé Theatre”