General Discussion

Moderator: willowywicca

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

Finished Shuffle \o/

Loved it as well, not enough to break into my top5 but i did enjoy it.

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Bubble wrote:Finished Shuffle \o/

Loved it as well, not enough to break into my top5 but i did enjoy it.

I still think Kaede shoulda gone on a knifing rampage throughout the town though! Thought the peaceful resolution wasn't that bad either ^^]

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor
Malevolencia Lurikeen Champion

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

willowywicca wrote:
I still think Kaede shoulda gone on a knifing rampage throughout the town though! Thought the peaceful resolution wasn't that bad either ^^]

Hehe she had the makings of a pyscho killer.
Bet thats one of the possible ending in the H game :p

I was wondering for ages who that person in your sig is, downloaded Karin and found out that way :p

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Bubble wrote:Hehe she had the makings of a pyscho killer.
Bet thats one of the possible ending in the H game :p

I was wondering for ages who that person in your sig is, downloaded Karin and found out that way :p

She's less psycho in the game :<

Coulda just asked me too ofc :p Karin + Maki + Anju are all so <3 Karin could bite me anytime she likes x<

Magikano continues to entertain, ep7 was really fun too with yet another new character (meido!) and slightly altered OP/ED animations (think she's the last one now since everyone in the OP/ED has appeared now). Ayumi is still the best though! Even though Maika is uber too! :D

[Edit: just watched Karin 14, Maki sleepover fun! \o/ Yarr, it's true, Maki + Karin + Anju are just all chou-kawaii :( I simply cannot resist at all! Cute girls are my one weakness! I can watch anything if they're that cute x< Btw Rec was pretty cute too, just watched ep1-3 now, kinda a romantic comedy drama thingy I guess, I dunno, I'm on a Karin-high atm, nothing makes sense! (There was a shower scene -- *nosebleed gusher* )]

[Edit2: Hey I added screenshots! I need to be less lazy tbh and post more tbh]
Attachments
karin9.JPG
karin8.JPG
karin7.JPG
karin6.JPG

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

Mai Otome has gotten alot more serious, its a shame the battle started when it did, i was looking forward watching the 2 pearls battle.

Ers-chan bit was really sad.

I've only seen 1 to 4 of Karin, i'll do a catchup tommorrow night :D

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Bubble wrote:Mai Otome has gotten alot more serious, its a shame the battle started when it did, i was looking forward watching the 2 pearls battle.

Ers-chan bit was really sad.

I've only seen 1 to 4 of Karin, i'll do a catchup tommorrow night :D

Mai Otome is alright I guess, having trouble really getting into it though (similarily I never really got into Mai Hime), and the last two episodes were kinda bleh :< Ers-episode was good though! Though I didn't really feel sad at that bit, mostly just felt a kind of "god they're all stupid" feeling x< I dunno, I think I'm just biased vs the whole Mai franchise for no discernable reason :p (and yet I keep watching.. x<)

Shana has gotten quite nice imo lately, still nothing in the way of exciting battles (the action in the show is rather lacking imo ]

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

I really like Karin :)

Just a really silly but funny series.

Still watching Magikano, but considering stopping due to knowing in the end hes gunna end up with that bitch :) (yeah yeah malev we know you like her for some strange reason :p)

The School President or the wacky witch hunter are my favs :)
Loved the bit in #7 where the doctor says he might not full through... the next morning hes fine and the doctor gets attacked in a very delicate place meny meny times by Ayumi :)

Flobba Job
Emerald Rider

Post by Flobba Job »

ok, can anyone who interested in anime/mange alot PLEASE post here & send me a private message if they find the complete One Piece boxset on DVD please (In English!), i've found it a few times in japanese with subtitles, unfortunatly this is one anime/manga where they got the voices done well in English, have been searching for ages and really would like it, cheers guys, peace out

PS. sorry this is completely off coversation to what you were talking about =)

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

I'm afraid i'm not a fan of Funimations Dub of one piece sorry :(

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Flobba Job wrote:ok, can anyone who interested in anime/mange alot PLEASE post here & send me a private message if they find the complete One Piece boxset on DVD please (In English!), i've found it a few times in japanese with subtitles, unfortunatly this is one anime/manga where they got the voices done well in English, have been searching for ages and really would like it, cheers guys, peace out

PS. sorry this is completely off coversation to what you were talking about =)

A number of things, first up though, no such thing exists.

At present the series is up to 258~ episodes aired in japan and is still running, so it isn't complete even in japan (there are some boxsets for some collections of episodes ofc..). Funimation only recently started dubbing it for US tv and so far only 1 DVD is out (which only contains 3 episodes), 2nd is out on april 25 and 3rd on jun 27 etc...

While I have not heard to dub voices (and they may in fact be very good as you claim), I would warn you that the US version alters the series in VERY BAD WAYS. The two primary examples being that Sanji the cool cook, gets his cigarettes replaced with lollipops to make it more children friendly and apparently his voice is quite gay to accompany his new sweet tooth (he's cool in the original series, when not enamoured by girls :p). Also Zoro's backstory (he's called Zolo in the US version cos they didn't want him confused with "the mask of zoro" type zoro, or something) about his friend Kuina is completely changed. In the original she dies in a pitiful accident which is his entire motivation for working so hard to be a great swordsman, in the US dubbed version, she gets sick and goes to hospital :I not exactly as powerful a motivation :p

I'm sure there's other such changes too so really, I would caution against watching the dubbed one piece, since the original japanese is better (cos of the lack of the stupid changes) even if the quality of the dub is good...

Oh and no worries about changing the discussion, all posts are very welcome here! (as long as not directly rude offensive etc.. the usual rules :p )

Attached: sanji comparison pic :p
Attachments
1128487096.jpg

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor

Return to “Animé Theatre”