What does this mean?

Home for our World of Warcraft players on prydwen.net
Gandelf

What does this mean?

Post by Gandelf »

Each rank of "Improved Fireball" now reduces your spell damage coefficient by 2%.

Is that good or bad?

Edit: Sorry, it's WoW. Mage class. I meant to post it in the WoW forum.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

What game?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Argyleyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Argyleyn »

It's wow. Every spell has a coefficient which determines the benefit it gets from +damage gear. For example mindflay has a 71% coefficient. When they decrease the coefficient it simply means that +damage gear isn't that effective anymore. It's a gearcheck to avoid people with high level items with loads of +damage doing ridiculous damage.
Argyleyn, ex raven ardent prime prestidigitist.

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

which means they lower the cap with 2%
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

improved FB reduces cast time by .5 a sec.
Since it's originally 3 sec cast it get 85% (3/3.5) of your total +dmg. When you reduce it to 2.5 secs, it's till getting the 85% of +dmg, so what they did now that it will get +75% from +dmg.
So if you had +500 dmg it would normally add +425 to your FB dmg but after the "nerf" it will get +375, so it hit for 50 less dmg if you got +500 spell dmg.

Tis to calm a bit the QQers ;)
not a huge diff tho. :)
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

They've done the same with Improved Frostbolt too.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

heh tbh i think the mage class gonna be major nerfed :p
or at least some of the abilities :)

we were in the blood place a while back and our healer died on the last but one mob before boss so the GL asked me to keep the last mob sheeped til she got in :p
I managed it easy enough but sheeped the mob bout 30 times as she ended up dieing shortly after re-entering the dungeon :p

And dont get me started on the powerfulness of Arcane Blast ^^
1sec cast for over 1k dmg :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Lieva wrote:heh tbh i think the mage class gonna be major nerfed :p
or at least some of the abilities :)

we were in the blood place a while back and our healer died on the last but one mob before boss so the GL asked me to keep the last mob sheeped til she got in :p
I managed it easy enough but sheeped the mob bout 30 times as she ended up dieing shortly after re-entering the dungeon :p

And dont get me started on the powerfulness of Arcane Blast ^^
1sec cast for over 1k dmg :p

It's already been nerfed too much. The Polymorph spell will only last a maximum of 7 secs in PvP situations, if that, because the enemy has an increasing percentage chance to break Polymorph for up to 7 seconds when the chance is 100%. It only lasts longer in PvE. Originally, Mages were going to get Lesser Invisibility, but that was nerfed too. However, they've re-introduced it in TBC.

Mages are considered to be "glass cannons". That's how it should be. They need to be able to do more damage than any other class to compensate for their lack of HPs and lack of self-healing ability. Mages need time and range to survive. If they are going to nerf the Mage any further then they need to increase HPs to compensate.

Arcane Blast isn't that good tbh. I rarely use it. Blast Wave is better from the Fire talent tree.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Argyleyn wrote:It's wow. Every spell has a coefficient which determines the benefit it gets from +damage gear. For example mindflay has a 71% coefficient. When they decrease the coefficient it simply means that +damage gear isn't that effective anymore. It's a gearcheck to avoid people with high level items with loads of +damage doing ridiculous damage.

But doesn't that unfairly affect those who only have mediochre items? If they aren't doing excessive damage, then why should they suffer?

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

play a warrior before you start talking about nerfs
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Return to “World of Warcraft”