Burning Crusade info

Home for our World of Warcraft players on prydwen.net
Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

Pff.
taste is only one part of what you experience with food.
There is also smell, and there is visual.
To many ppl only one can decide, trust me.
Maybe banana in that case isnt good example since it looks nice and smells nice too (to me!) , but hey.
Anyhow, it was more meant in a sense that you can't really argue someones taste. You can think it's bad or good but that's it.And from what I see Ankh treats it like that.
I recall Ankh been disliking the game and bitching on it already b4 the release even, b4 beta too.
Just as he says, coz of the hype, etc.
It's not like using rational arguments gonna make him change his mind.
hope u get my point.
if ya like replace banana with liver :D
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Cernos
Emerald Rider

Post by Cernos »

Eeeew liver eek:

Some potentially good news about PvP in the WoW expansion:
GS: What do you have planned in terms of player versus player for the expansion?

JK: We're building a PVP objective into every new Outland zone for outdoor world PVP. They're different for each zone. Hellfire Peninsula actually has three objectives that are very close to each other. Picture an outdoor Arathi Basin that's always ongoing. We're going to have some other big announcements that have to do with the PVP system, but that will be closer to launch, so we're not ready to talk about that yet.
Which sounds great, more world PvP is badly needed. But then there's a contradiction straight after in the interview:
GS: It sounds like the theme for Outlands is that everything is going to be really huge.

JK: Yes, we definitely want the Outland zones to be big because we have such a large pooling of level-60 players that are going to be unleashed on these towns. We want to get them into instances;we don't want them to feel like they're stepping on each other's toes.
"We want to get them into instances". So what is it, more world PvP or more instances?

Argyleyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Argyleyn »

There's world pvp in some particular places (gogo emain amg-tarren mill people) while they feel the rest of the zone isn't big enough for the number of players there, so they are trying to put them into instances to level I guess instead of outdoors questing.

They don't want world pvp to interfere with questing so i guess they are focusing on a solution of bringing pvp to a particular part of a zone while leaving the rest for questing instead of re-introducing the chaos that certain zones were after the honor system.

I remember close to release when there was a quillboar at the barrens that was a quest target and there were around 50 people trying to kill him at any moment. It was a bit painful at time, but fun at others.

What i am not too sure about is if they have taken under consideration that people tend to gather in one zone for pvp in all games i have been and ignore all others. I hope this doesn't happen here as another tarren mill/ss zerg is the last thing i care to see.
Argyleyn, ex raven ardent prime prestidigitist.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

ShiShi wrote:Pff.
taste is only one part of what you experience with food.
There is also smell, and there is visual.
To many ppl only one can decide, trust me.
Maybe banana in that case isnt good example since it looks nice and smells nice too (to me!) , but hey.
Anyhow, it was more meant in a sense that you can't really argue someones taste. You can think it's bad or good but that's it.And from what I see Ankh treats it like that.
I recall Ankh been disliking the game and *****ing on it already b4 the release even, b4 beta too.
hope u get my point.
if ya like replace banana with liver :D

ahh this thread

and no - no replacing me with liver...
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

ShiShi wrote: I recall Ankh been disliking the game and bitching on it already b4 the release even, b4 beta too.
hope u get my point.
I sure did :) but I thought I'd watch people play it as I thought I might have missed something (it has millions of players so there had to be something good with it...unfortunatly I found nothing that fit my taste)

/Ankh

Return to “World of Warcraft”