Guild Position

Hyborian Dragon Slayers Private forum
Belisar
Emerald Rider

Guild Position

Post by Belisar »

As far as i can tell there has only been one visit to the game in the last 7-10 days from anyone with the ability to invite others to the guild.

Just wondering should a few others be given the ability to offer a guild invite ?

Would current GM's & Officers prefer not to allow this (this after all a branch of the original HDS) ?

What is the position of the guild in general ? Do we want to keep it active ? There seems to have been a few comments on game retention in general and the same seems true here. I am probably one of the lowest levels on line so PvP is a while away (if I ever get there) but it may be an issue at some point.

Sorry for asking.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Seanpaul
Emerald Rider

Post by Seanpaul »

Belisar wrote:As far as i can tell there has only been one visit to the game in the last 7-10 days from anyone with the ability to invite others to the guild.

Just wondering should a few others be given the ability to offer a guild invite ?

Would current GM's & Officers prefer not to allow this (this after all a branch of the original HDS) ?

What is the position of the guild in general ? Do we want to keep it active ? There seems to have been a few comments on game retention in general and the same seems true here. I am probably one of the lowest levels on line so PvP is a while away (if I ever get there) but it may be an issue at some point.

Sorry for asking.

thanks for bringing it up bel, tis a concern for me too, i'm sure some of the higher levels would like to know whats happening too.
So open your mouth and stick to your guns. You've gotta realise that she's indifferent. Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh what your name? just wont learn, here we go again.

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

I can invite and I may have the ability to promote, but not sure what the actual policy is on either. I have just invited anyone who asked.

I did some inviting over the week-end, but that was because I was directly asked on the forum and logged in specifically.

I think the problem is that with the end of the free month there has been a trail off in players. Also, speaking personally, the fact that high levels require grinding has really put me off the game. (which is ironic given how daoc works :p)

However, at least in daoc, there was groups formed, solo grinding is just not fun.

Anyway, clearly there needs to be a reasonable expectation that there is someone who can invite online most nights (or at least every 2-3 nights). A guild which cannot invite can't sustain itself not to mind grow.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

I hope people havent had enough of the game already - Im having a great time playing it :)

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

I tried to promote Belisar, but although I have inv rights, I don't have the right to promote someone to have inv rights.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Camlann

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Reza
Emerald Rider

Post by Reza »

I think if you have the right to promote, you can promote to one rank below your own.

Iiirc the 1st 3 ranks in our guild have all been given no rights, so if you are on the 4th rank you can promote but to no practical effect.

From a personal perspective, I'm one level off from starting tier 3 resource collection. With each tier having a normal and rare material type as well as 6 types of different resources, ill soon have the situation where I have 36 different resources im collecting without counting the drops for alchemy and gem crafting.

So I have (and I suspect many others also do) major space problems in my inventory. I will eventually get round to making a "mule" toon who I can post things to, but It would be great if we could get someone on to keep the guild vault used efficiently. It's currently full, but looks like alot of items could be stacked to make alot more space.

Also, Im not really aware of what resources (if any) from those I can collect are most usefull for building/maintaining our village/keep. Any information on this would be great too.

About the leveling etc, im 69 and so far none of it has been a bore really. The only shame has been not enough people in guild around my level with which to do some more of the epic/group quests (typically in some instance dungeon thats near impossible to solo at the level its designed for).

Otherwise getting XP from at least 2 zones and maybe filling in with the occasinal grind has been very smooth (much more so than my memory of solo xp from 1-40 on my 1st toon in daoc).
Prydwen - Retired

Reza
Faiotan

Tomppodeuz
Emerald Rider

Post by Tomppodeuz »

I've also noticed that there hasn't been much players online. Would like to know where we are at the moment?

I'm also at Tier 3 alchemy atm, so I can't advance because our guild apparently needs some kind of Alchemist building. I'm ready to donate some money for it if we're planning to build the city further.

Considering the "bore" factor of the game, I haven't had any boring moments yet in the game. There's always something to do: solo grinding, grouping, questing, crafting etc. etc. Of course I'm a bit annoyed with the bugs (still can't get to Arena :P), but they are working hard to get 'em fixed.

Hope to see you all online.

-Tomppo-
DAoC - Tomppodeuz 50 Eldritch, Nahka 50 Bard, Robbari 50 Ranger, Knakkerton 50 Mentalist
The Ashen Circle

WoW - Tomppodeuz 60 Warrior, Tomppo 60 Mage
LotRO - Tomppo 50 Hunter

AoC - Tomppodeuz 6x Ranger
Hyborian Dragon Slayers

Inquisitor Raal
Emerald Rider

Post by Inquisitor Raal »

will probably sort another month subs again soon - kinda gave it up really though as found it hard conform to any other playstyle other than solo. Quests were quite tedious and grinding got a tad boring. Not sure why but a lot of people in the game seemed to not want to grp... got quite frustrating :) Didnt really give it much of a go though so will probably have a nother shot in a week or so if my new job ever decides to bloody pay me! :(
Caylan Raal
-The Inquisitor-
Retired from DAoC...Reforming in WAR!

Asunawa in AoC
-Assassin-

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Same issue vis a vis the guild vault thingy.

Peeps can put in (it is now full) but cannot remove. No use for swapping over crafting basics.

I think Usp has some PC issues so we will have to be patient until he can get back on and save us all. O.o
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Inquisitor Raal wrote:Not sure why but a lot of people in the game seemed to not want to grp... got quite frustrating :) (
I think it is that most of the stuff can be soloed. Groups tend only to form for group quests and then disband (unless there is a followon quest).
Prydwen
Camlann

Return to “Private Forum”