Lord of the Rings online - Screenshots

Home for Lord of the Rings Online Players
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

if peeps want more beta keys, CVG from the previous page is giving away 10k beta keys at noon this friday ;)

There really is nowt to loose by trying it ;)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Lieva wrote:
It does not really matter at this stage as I do not think many people will be rushing to level. It really is not that type of game. You try to level but you get distracted by things.
Well, that is the point of being on the beta, testing stuff, getting only one high end char for testing stuff for giving more feed back....But you are still being mean by not providing more pics :p
Lieva wrote: As for the RvR - perhaps there IS more about that but I am personally not interested so do not really look.
There is the option to 'spar' with another character however.
And have you? I really appreciate the translation you are giving this game as I remember you weren't so keen on it when I mentioned it way before open public beta was first out. It seems that you are getting the old DAOC feeling for it in that the pve is actually quite fun and peeps actually enjoy doing it. Turbine make great games imo, you should really try out Dungeons and Dragons online also tbh, You would like that too ;)
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

CVG webby seems like it has about 800'000'000 people trying to reach it all at once ATM :O
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

bah it all fell through =/
-
-

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Lieva, what are the base starting stats for the various player races and classes?

I like the look of the graphics, they are more like DAoC than WoW. But the lighting looks more like WoW than DAoC.

I'm looking forward to there being no PvP, because PvP makes players paranoid about getting the best equipment so they can "own ass". This also leads to groups and guilds wanting only those players with the best gear. There being no PvP will possibly make the game more relaxed and inviting for new players. I can understand players wanting PvP, but I hope they don't introduce it, because I don't think it is fitting for the LotR universe. If players want PvP they can stick to DAoC or WoW and leave the free races of Middle Earth in peace.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Gandelf wrote:Lieva, what are the base starting stats for the various player races and classes?

I like the look of the graphics, they are more like DAoC than WoW. But the lighting looks more like WoW than DAoC.

I'm looking forward to there being no PvP, because PvP makes players paranoid about getting the best equipment so they can "own ass". This also leads to groups and guilds wanting only those players with the best gear. There being no PvP will possibly make the game more relaxed and inviting for new players. I can understand players wanting PvP, but I hope they don't introduce it, because I don't think it is fitting for the LotR universe. If players want PvP they can stick to DAoC or WoW and leave the free races of Middle Earth in peace.
no pvp? Doesnt sound right tbh. If its a game made after the movie and the books .. then it needs the big battles
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Satyn wrote:no pvp? Doesnt sound right tbh. If its a game made after the movie and the books .. then it needs the big battles
I disagree.

I know a lot of people who're looking for a MMORPG with good PvE, crafting, quests, roleplaying & character development, which offers good possibilities for solo & group play. Just good relaxing fun without the constant PvP need to prove how big your balls are.

Many of those people are currently playing 2nd Life, but aren't really happy there because of the 90% cyber-sex connotations which that game seems to have.

[Edit] What I'm trying to say is that there are MMORPGs for gankers, MMORPGs for wankers, & MMORPGs for people who like "challenging" PVE, but if there's an MMORPG for people who just want to log in after a hard days work & find some good relaxing unchallenging fun then I guess I must have missed it, & I'm sure there'd be a huge market for it. [/Edit]
-
-

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

That's exactly what I am looking for now, I've done the hardcore MMORPG stuff, and now I just want to log on and relax.

The closest I have found is Eve-online, but that is mainly solo for casual stuff, if you want group stuff it again gets hardcore.

The big question with LOTRO...

Is it worth £99 founder life subscription?!? I am certainly tempted to pre-order to get a try, and maybe look at the life-time sub. I am sure knowing that I am not paying "monthlies" will actually help the casual approach to playing.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

That's exactly where I'm coming from Ovi.

I just want to log on after a hard days work & have some relaxing non-stressed fun with like-minded people without having to worry about wether I have the perfect spec/temp/cyber-technique/whatever to get in a group or having to compete against the current generation of zit-covered aggressive-male-hormone-induced-ROFLIWTFPWNDJOOZASSORZ l33t crowd...

ack I'm sure you know where I'm coming from :p
-
-

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

I think you'll struggle to find a casual MMO, that's exactly why I'm playing non-MMO games on the XBox 360 again, so much more casual, play when you want, how you want. The other benefit is that you've always got something different whereas MMOs are fundamentally repetitive in the way they're produced.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Lord of the Rings Online”