Lord of the Rings online - Screenshots

Home for Lord of the Rings Online Players
Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Lieva wrote:umm gimmee a hint on what to feed.
seriously its kinda difficult to explain.

Well, i don't mean to be obvious about it but some rvr,instances etc ;)
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

[quote="Lieva"]true ..
well those people are just muppets then :)
and if they gonna let a silly think like a UI looking like Wow affect them then theyre daft..
Mainly cuz i thought WoW's customizeable UI was excellent. ]

Postal system is quite old now, it's an idea introduced during dungeons and dragons online, very useful it is tho indeed :)
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Arcsalin wrote:Postal system is quite old now, it's an idea introduced during dungeons and dragons online, very useful it is tho indeed :)

Wasn't WoW out before DDO? :o

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Ovi wrote:Wasn't WoW out before DDO? :o

Well, not having played WoW in any capacity other than as the world evolved when it was an RTS game, I not so sure about that but my first experience of it was in DDO and afaik that was the first instance of it and then WoW followed with it, not sure about this tho so don't flame: me on it ;)
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Camlann

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

[quote="Arcsalin"]Well, i don't mean to be obvious about it but some rvr,instances etc ]

there is no pvp but i believe they are planing to have some
everything is instanced so not sure what you want for that :p
nifty thing - when more people in the area you get more mobs spawn :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Lieva wrote:there is no pvp but i believe they are planing to have some
everything is instanced so not sure what you want for that :p
nifty thing - when more people in the area you get more mobs spawn :)

Hmm, the RvR implementation should have well been in by now as that was planned months ago :(

Just gib instances xD
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Camlann

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

The whole game consists of instances. Even the pubs are instances. And the starter sequence is a instance. As is the ending of the newbie-zone quests.

If you mean higher-end ones like World of Warcraft then I honestly do not know. I have not heard of any but my highest character is only level 13.

I suspect there will be but I am not sure how they would do it. Perhaps as an assult on Mordor or something?

It does not really matter at this stage as I do not think many people will be rushing to level. It really is not that type of game. You try to level but you get distracted by things.
Example - I was trying to level my hobbit guardian yesterday when I realised I had in fact been mineing for the past 30minutes and had not advanced on the quest I had gone to the zone for. Also I 'accidently' killed a slug that I did not need to kill as it unlocked the 'slug-squisher' title for me (just in case I had a quest to kill some later) and then killed many more as I continued through the zone (they looked at me slimily).

As for the RvR - perhaps there IS more about that but I am personally not interested so do not really look.
There is the option to 'spar' with another character however.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

The Beeb online has just previewed it here. They do make it sound good, as a big LOTR fan I will certainly be giving it a try :)

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

i dun think i'll be having yet time to play it since im still full into WoW, but i totally understand LoTR fans are looking forward to it :)
And it's also clear that it does not have to give lots of "more" or "different" than other mmorpgs to get the playerbase, it's main attraction is the lore :)
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

I cannot 'stress' how much I love this game.

One of the main issues for me was the crafting was player orientated. I.e to skill in basic stuff you needed another player to farm it for you.(or needed to make your own farming char)
Theyve decided to introduce some NPC so you will not have to rely on AH therefore killed off future Goldfarmers/Price increases :)

hug: @ lotro :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Return to “Lord of the Rings Online”