So close to capturing our first Battlekeep

Home for Warhammer Online players
Nikolas
Emerald Rider

So close to capturing our first Battlekeep

Post by Nikolas »

We had 3 warbands and we had completely rolled Destruction and then came the lag.. We had their rear door completely locked by 2 warbands as well. It seems 150 people+ in the same zone doesn't work very well on Karak Hirn. I really thought we were going to do it there for a while.
Hibernia, Ywain 3
Nikolaas - 50 Ranger rr7.5

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

Don't know if the lag is typical GOA not learning from DAoC about servers needing to be tuned or if it is the game coding.

Heard that the US also got lag issues and then it suggests coding problems.

But I still suspect GOA for not having learned the lesson.

Another lesson I think they havent learned is advertising, havent seen any adds for Warhammer at all, but saw WoW:WotLK adds 14 days before release and still now after (no I don't play it and never will).

Cryptic
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryptic »

Warhammer has been the most heavily advertised MMo in a long time, and GOA has been behind nearly all the advertising in coperation with EA in Europe.

So they have done a good job with it. Their Creative Director is like a Superstar in the community :p

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

It's a Mythic coding problem, same crap happening over the pond.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

Hmm if GOA have had adds out how come I have only seen one, thats ONE, tv-spot and that was on MTV Denmark, no adds in the magazines or online what so ever here in Denmark.

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

If server-side code is as optimised as client-side... doh:doh:doh:doh: Well, you can restart the client here and there, to clean memory leak trash, maybe they should restart the servers once a day aswell, like back in UO times ;)
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

HappyG wrote:If server-side code is as optimised as client-side... doh:doh:doh:doh: Well, you can restart the client here and there, to clean memory leak trash, maybe they should restart the servers once a day aswell, like back in UO times ;)
I like that idea Mor, but can you imagine the whine you would get from people deprived of a few minutes play-time? its already bad enough when the servers have to come down for an emergency patch! ^^
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Return to “Warhammer Online”