The Good, The Bad and Downright Ugly

Home for Warhammer Online players
Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

I like ...

... being able to RvR at all levels
... the PvE makes an attempt to encourage grouping. WAR bucks the trend of games that end up with all players soloing
... the lack of focus (so far) on equipment. Mind you, this could creep in as people hit 40 and the usual game-breaking obsession with opted groups gets going
... the clear commitment to keeping the game free of niggles. Bugs get fixed (eventually) and particularly the way they introduced /rp to combat gold spamming has reassured me

I dislike ...
... something about the world feels bland to me. I don't feel like I am exploring something impressive, the way I have in other MMOs
... quite a lot of the interface/design logic is less polished than I would have liked. Feels a bit clunky sometimes. Things like having to ask everyone in the group to unqueue from a scenario when a new player joins the group are quite annoying
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

Inquisitor Raal wrote:less waving at him and more wacking with pointy sticks and fireballs!
Nooooooo!! ... must let me /special first :o

Then do fireballs and pointy things! thumbup:
Fighting Enviro-crime irl 8-)

Luinmir
Emerald Rider

Post by Luinmir »

I like alot of this becouse of Friends from old times playing with eachother and helping out like Daoc when we Hibbies was underdog and still winning alot just becouse we know what to do.

DoK is too good really but i like playing that with a tanks as my Assisttarget or a DPS ( Marauder or Witch elf), I do the healing/attacks they protect me, That Duo is hard to beat.
Then i lvl up a Marauder with wife and haveing a blast when 2 Dps ( Wife is Witch) killing Mobs.

Downside is that order seems to be stuck on Tier 3 Lava Scenario becouse of knockbacks... Its sad that you cant play other scenarios that may be fun .. but i never had chance to try them yet.
Karak-Hirn:
Luin, Displine of Khaine lvl 24
Epof, Squig Herder lvl 19
Blueraven, Marauder lvl 20

8 Peaks:
Blueraven, Archmage 6 NFD
Luin, Bright Wizard lvl 10

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Dardalion wrote:Nooooooo!! ... must let me /special first :o

Then do fireballs and pointy things! thumbup:

No can do - subs have run out & I'm off to play Civ4 instead. WAR just hit too many of the wrong buttons for me to be able to justify subbing up for it.

I'll wave & do the pointy stick in my head just for you though mate.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Genedril wrote:No can do - subs have run out & I'm off to play Civ4 instead. WAR just hit too many of the wrong buttons for me to be able to justify subbing up for it.

I'll wave & do the pointy stick in my head just for you though mate.
Saved from 5yrs of slavery!

Not gonna rule it out 100%, but same here I think. Civ4 worth a punt for an olden Civ veteran? Funny enuff, the Warhammer hype made me wonder if they ever did a PC version of Bloodbowl and currently trying the 2004 version of it 'Chaos League'. It's not too bad. Think a full-on offical Bloodbowl game out early 2009 also.
Mael, 50th ment.

Inquisitor Raal
Emerald Rider

Post by Inquisitor Raal »

They did do a pc version of blood bowl - called blood bowl - was actually quite good! Its a very very very old game now - installed off floppy disks :)

And they are making a new one!

As for civ 4 - its different from previous versions but still quite cool :) If anyone actually fancies a civ online conflict at any stage let me know - might be a new angle on the game !
Caylan Raal
-The Inquisitor-
Retired from DAoC...Reforming in WAR!

Asunawa in AoC
-Assassin-

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Inquisitor Raal wrote:They did do a pc version of blood bowl - called blood bowl - was actually quite good! Its a very very very old game now - installed off floppy disks :)

And they are making a new one!!
I'll have a google for it later. Maybe it's old enuff to be around on one of these sites with all the retrogames.

'Chaos League' is not strictly speaking Bloodbowl, but exactly the same concept (American Football league with fantasy races). I think the makers had an out of court settlement on the copyright issues. It's not a 'great' game, but would appeal to orginal Bloodbowlers and keeping me amused an hour or so every night building up the team.

lo Cay btw! You find the other prydders on 8-peaks in the end? Join a guild or with that silly one you make urself again? :(
Mael, 50th ment.

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Civ4 is quite fun - though I've been known to sit around cursing for hours trying to get a decent starting location that didn't involve being in the arctic or on a 4 square island.

Other options are the upcoming Fallout (though it's no longer Fallout as it's been wrecked by Bethesda) just so that I can whine with knowlege & FM 2009 which still has the ability to suck my life away & ever has since I was a uni student (CM2 I think I started on). I don't even watch real football all that often.......

Never heard of Blood Bowl so that gives me something to look up on the web this afternoon.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Genedril wrote:Never heard of Blood Bowl so that gives me something to look up on the web this afternoon.
Was a table-top game brought out by the same lot as Warhammer - like I say was basically American Football, but with Dwarf, Elf, Orc, Halfling players, etc. Played on a board the similar as Warhammer with lots of minatures and dice rolling, either as single games or in a league with players gaining xp and prize money per game used to buy players, bribe the ref, assasinate/drug other teams players...

Bit of an odd concept, but was fun at the time.
Mael, 50th ment.

Inquisitor Raal
Emerald Rider

Post by Inquisitor Raal »

Maeloch wrote:
lo Cay btw! You find the other prydders on 8-peaks in the end? Join a guild or with that silly one you make urself again? :(

Yeah see lots running about now :) - joined horde empire for short time but didnt feel quite right there so solo again!

as for silly guild... pft :( such an affront.... i want a new silly guild but having thought about it not sure i can be arsed. Might be making an application to n... a gulid soon... was gonna stop playing but found my feet on the class when i solod a lvl 29 tank at lvl 27 and almost a level 31 chosen at lvl 27. Kinda got to grips with it now :)

And as for blood bowl - i was addicted to it for ages - saw chaos league but never got round to trying it.
Caylan Raal
-The Inquisitor-
Retired from DAoC...Reforming in WAR!

Asunawa in AoC
-Assassin-

Return to “Warhammer Online”