The Good, The Bad and Downright Ugly

Home for Warhammer Online players
Belisar
Emerald Rider

The Good, The Bad and Downright Ugly

Post by Belisar »

Been a bit quiet here so i thought it would be good to get a few points of view. Most have been playing a few weeks now and so I thought it would be nice to see what people thought of the game. What do find enjoyable and what would you like to change (and I do not mean things like queues or laggy scenarios).

I am playing an engineer (with an occassional trip to a shammy).

I find the engineer really fun to play, it may even be fun over function. I like the various bits and pieces it can do with mines, turrets and guns. It has even received a bit of game love recently on the patch.

I like the fact that you can RvR at low levels and make them part of your xp grind. There is a decent choice of ways to gather your xp.

I can see pq's becoming tougher as the game matures unless you have a friendly guild. Right now peeps seem to want to do them.

Found some awkward quests to do, one even had an npc for me to speak to who seemed to wander over 3 zones so finding him was just a bit of dumb luck.

What's your view ?
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

Really enjoying the game, it seems more casual friendly which is exactly what I'm after (even if I do play a bit too much now :) ).

I love the class dynamics, the graphics, the humour, the feel of character control, the tome is very nice and all the different unlocks are really enjoyable (working for a title that you havnt seen on anyone else is really cool, I've currently got 'Tease' on pikeh :) ).

For all its qualities, there is of course a few niggles. The mounts are boring, just a way of getting from A to B at the moment, which I suppose is fine but would be nice for a bit of customisation at a later point. Tor Anroc. The 600 queue to get in last night wasn't all that fun either, but that serves me right for playing on the most popular server, so I'm not all that bothered.

Love it!
Just don't effing queue for Tor Bloody Anroc :(
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Inquisitor Raal
Emerald Rider

Post by Inquisitor Raal »

I like the game - like the feel of it and i like the witch hunter class :)

However - i dont like the scenarios at all - wish more people ventured out into the frontier element of each zone instead. Scenarious are too small and too zergy - everything gets concentarted in one area. Dont like some of the abilities either - seem too lame and frequent like the knockback.

Like the PQ's - quests are simply and straightforward with good flavour.

Crash to desktop in altdorf really ****in me off

Mounts do look a little shabby

Im happy i got my 2nd name at last!
Caylan Raal
-The Inquisitor-
Retired from DAoC...Reforming in WAR!

Asunawa in AoC
-Assassin-

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

After spending 2y in wow i'm really enjoying myself again in hammer. I was playing beta and wow at the same time and just couldnt wait for it to go live.

I have a couple of chars atm ... got a sorc, DoK, zealot and a witchelf. My sorc is 22 and if i'm honest she's become a tad boring to play. Elf land on my server isnt that populated, everyone seems to be questing in chaos land. So the PQ's on your own is pretty boring cos you cant find a group to join.
My DoK on the other hand i simply love. She's fun to play with .. the combo of bashing and healing is ace.
My zealot is my favorite char ... but only thing i dont seem to understand is why there isnt a full heal spec available. A shammy has it, why not a zealot?
And my witchelf ... well i keep staring at her butt most of the time.

I've been reading a lot on forums and ppl been struggling with bugs of all sorts but i must say i've not come across many myself. Only one that is pretty anoying is the fact that i cant promote/demote members in my guild using the roster.

PQ are fun if you have a group to rush through it, scenario's are ace, pvp is great ...
And what i love most of all is that i've got a lot of friends back in one guild again ... so if you are reading this ... mwah!
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

Satyn wrote:
And my witchelf ... well i keep staring at her butt most of the time.

I've been reading a lot on forums and ppl been struggling with bugs of all sorts but i must say i've not come across many myself. Only one that is pretty anoying is the fact that i cant promote/demote members in my guild using the roster.

I've left my Witch Elf nekkid, hard to win fights but who cares :o

I'm blowing hot & cold on my Zealot though ill keep it as my "main" for teh guild n that. Like you i cant quite figure out why you cant spec " pure healing" tis frustrating.

Love my Chosen, its as i think a proper tank should be, full metal jacket styley 8-)

Not to fussed about the bugs, its early days & lets face it, we all played DAoC long enough to get used to them. You know you can promote/demote manually?

On the whole, love the game, been waiting for it for 25 odd years & am happy its finally here thumbup:
Fighting Enviro-crime irl 8-)

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Dardalion wrote:I've left my Witch Elf nekkid, hard to win fights but who cares :o

I'm blowing hot & cold on my Zealot though ill keep it as my "main" for teh guild n that. Like you i cant quite figure out why you cant spec " pure healing" tis frustrating.

Love my Chosen, its as i think a proper tank should be, full metal jacket styley 8-)

Not to fussed about the bugs, its early days & lets face it, we all played DAoC long enough to get used to them. You know you can promote/demote manually?

On the whole, love the game, been waiting for it for 25 odd years & am happy its finally here thumbup:
yeah hun, if i use the /guildpromote <name> it works fine, so i'm not really bothered about it but its still a tad annoying. But like you said, we've played daoc long enough to put up with it all :)

have you tried a DoK? they really are so fun to play. And eventho they are a hybrid they do have a full heal spec available ... dont get it tbh :p
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

Satyn wrote:yeah hun, if i use the /guildpromote <name> it works fine, so i'm not really bothered about it but its still a tad annoying. But like you said, we've played daoc long enough to put up with it all :)

have you tried a DoK? they really are so fun to play. And eventho they are a hybrid they do have a full heal spec available ... dont get it tbh :p
Yeah tried a DoK but we have a few in the guild already, we lacked shammy & zealots though .. maybe the zealot will get some 1.1 love, just have to wait & see drunk:
Fighting Enviro-crime irl 8-)

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Was funny seeing you in the Scen last night Dard.

Was trying to point and waive but then one of your tanks came and started battering me over the head. Gahn came over to help out and then it all went a bit wack.

Looks like every class is going to get some adujstments and love (according to Mythic's GM). Healing does seem hard work, but I am not sure if that is a bad thing - I quite like the fact that you do not seem to get someone down to 10% and then see them suddenly back at 100% again.

Healers get a bit of a raw deal in terms of xp, and stuff like PQ's and I would like to see that reviewed.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Belisar wrote:Was funny seeing you in the Scen last night Dard.

Was trying to point and waive but then one of your tanks came and started battering me over the head. Gahn came over to help out and then it all went a bit wack.

Had the same thing when I met Dard in an open RvR zone - was jumping & waving & jumping & waving & then someone killed me.....
Belisar wrote:Healers get a bit of a raw deal in terms of xp, and stuff like PQ's and I would like to see that reviewed.
Tell me about it; my RP seems to heal pretty solidly - comes top of the healing charts in scenarios & then somewhere near the bottom for xp earned. My BW just turns up, nukes stuff & tops out every time.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Inquisitor Raal
Emerald Rider

Post by Inquisitor Raal »

less waving at him and more wacking with pointy sticks and fireballs!
Caylan Raal
-The Inquisitor-
Retired from DAoC...Reforming in WAR!

Asunawa in AoC
-Assassin-

Return to “Warhammer Online”