Woohoooooooooo!!

Home for Warhammer Online players
Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

crashing the database for the server is not mistakes that should be forgotten, never understood why people kept on playing after that incident
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Musejedi wrote:We're giving EU a go. Dont really see the point in GoA bashing, people make mistakes etc..
It's when they make, repeated, extremely serious mistakes that there's a difference though :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Musejedi
Emerald Rider

Post by Musejedi »

Ye I know, and we all were upset about the d/b thing. Should never have been allowed to happen. But Mythic now backed by EA are giving them the hosting contract again. Got a quote somehwere..
GOA has committed to us, in the strongest contractual language possible, that they will meet or exceed the kind of service we provide in North America. Based on what I've seen so far, I have no reason to doubt that they will do their best to meet that commitment. It's not 2002 guys, it's 2007 and things are a bit different this time around.
- Mark Jacobs, Mythic CEO

.. kinda is enough for me!
Severance

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Musejedi wrote:Ye I know, and we all were upset about the d/b thing. Should never have been allowed to happen. But Mythic now backed by EA are giving them the hosting contract again. Got a quote somehwere..

- Mark Jacobs, Mythic CEO

.. kinda is enough for me!
TBH, for me it's not really the database issue, I'd left GOA well before that. They got hacked, they suffered countless server crashes, they charged people who'd had their accounts cancelled and didn't resolve it for over a year, they consistently interfered with the game, they introduced bugs that didn't exist in the US version and denied their existence, they were extremely slow with patching and on and on.

GOA has already fucked up with WAR - search for previous posts here about their WAR website, simply put it's not accessible to a sizeable number of users amongst other things. This alone demonstrates that to this day, GOA are incapable of providing a service that mimics Mythic's as closely as possible. It's probably also worth noting the contract with GOA for WAR was finalised before the EA takeover, so Mythic could just as well have chosen them because it was the only feasible financial option being unable to create their own offices in Europe as they had originally planned. I've absolutely no doubt had the EA takeover happened earlier, this is the route Mythic would've taken following the way Blizzard handled WAR. Mythic simply don't have a choice regarding GOA now, the contract is signed and they're sure as hell not going to say "Well er yeah, if we'd known EA was taking us over we'd never have chosen them, but unfortunately we're stuck with them now, so sorry guys in Europe, you're going to get shit service all over again".

Counting on EA's massive money pile to resolve the issues is also a no go, ignoring the fact GOA is a separate entity and hence isn't really owed anything by EA anyway you have to remember this is the same EA that shut down game servers for various sports games only around a year after release so they could push their new verions and the same EA that refused to patch C&C: TFD for about 6months even though there were issues that prevented it outright running for many customers. EA don't exactly have a history of love for the customer or their staff for that matter unfortunately.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

It's 2007 now, not 2002 and Mythic are part of EA... so their standard of service will be dropping to that of Goa, therefore "they will meet or exceed the kind of service we provide in North America." will probably be true :o

Musejedi
Emerald Rider

Post by Musejedi »

There are always some good points, but I still say most of the anti GoA stuff that flies around is grudge-based. Sure, there were problems.. but I seriously doubt Mythic have walked into this without considerable thought for the customer.

Generalising and trolling dont really get us anywhere. If you really dont think its possible that you'll be playing EU then I guess thats your mind made up :/ I'd just as soon give em a chance!
Severance

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

I'd just not give either a chance ^^
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Musejedi wrote:There are always some good points, but I still say most of the anti GoA stuff that flies around is grudge-based. Sure, there were problems.. but I seriously doubt Mythic have walked into this without considerable thought for the customer.

Generalising and trolling dont really get us anywhere. If you really dont think its possible that you'll be playing EU then I guess thats your mind made up :/ I'd just as soon give em a chance!
How can something that actually happened be grudge based?

- They DID charge closed accounts, for upto a year after the issue was first reported

- They DID get hacked

- Hundreds of users DID have to wait weeks to access their account after the hack, some lost theirs altogether if their address and so forth had change

- They DID suffer frequent unscheduled downtime

- They DID mess up the database

- They DID interfere with in-game politics

- They DID have a multi-month gap behind the US on most patches

- They DID suffer additional bugs over the US version

- Their new site IS inaccessible to thousands of users

If it was just rumour and speculation that would be one thing but we're talking about real events, and a common quote rings so utterly true "You just can't make this shit up". I witnessed too much of it with my own eyes, as did many users, thus suggesting it's all grudge based rumours is extremely ignorant of the facts.

I'm glad you have faith in Mythic's choice of GOA, but the very fact Mythic let GOA get away with so much last time and the fact they haven't pointed out the inaccessibility issues behind GOA's WAR site already is a plentiful demonstration that frankly, they don't care about the EU version.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Ovi wrote:It's 2007 now, not 2002 and Mythic are part of EA... so their standard of service will be dropping to that of Goa, therefore "they will meet or exceed the kind of service we provide in North America." will probably be true :o
Very true, I wouldn't be suprised if Mythic's service does go down hill a little as part of EA tbh. A few of Mythic's artists were already taken from Mythic to work on the UO graphics overhaul and once WAR is out, I think EA will likely leave Mythic with less staff than it ideally needs to give the service they gave with DAoC. The only plus side is that they are competing with WoW and if they hope to seriously do as well then they may realise they can't get away with this as they can with their other games that aren't subscription based where they can sell once, reap the profit and ignore the customer afterwards.

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

how many months all together over the years have the Roll of Honour worked?
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Return to “Warhammer Online”