lots of war footage.

Home for Warhammer Online players
Slayn
Emerald Rider

lots of war footage.

Post by Slayn »

was browsing some community sites and noticed a load of new warhammer stuff has been released, including about 40 minutes of uncut RvR (wizard perspective). can find most of the stuff on the following two sites:

http://www.war-rvr.net and http://www.warhammeralliance.com

interesting stuff i've seen so far includes lots of detail on the guild system, and of course the rvr footage. though would be nice to see rvr with a char that has more than two buttons to press.

WAR! /Slayn Out!

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Slayn wrote:though would be nice to see rvr with a char that has more than two buttons to press.
Sure it wasn't a bonedancer video you watched :p ?

Oh wait, nm that would be one button.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

hey guys :)

i'm sure many of ya are bored so can answer me this one.
are there gonna be any stealth classes in Warhammer Online?

watched one video from the linkies and it rly reminded me DAOC - from the style of animations and stuff hmm..

looking froward to this one for sure
S.
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Didn't Mythic define the stealth classes as griefers when doing a Warhammer presentation at some point? Pretty sure I saw that in a link or some text somewhere (can't recall where though so could just be popular internet myth # 5,923,184).

Think they said no to stealth as it works in DAoC.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

To be fair I think most stealthers would define Mythic as griefers though too :p

Kjel
Emerald Rider

Post by Kjel »

bloody griefers!
<Eclipse> - Hibernia/Prydwen
Cauldron EC - Celt Druid - Gilded Spear
Sharwyn Xjel - Celt Blademaster - Emerald Ridere - thanks to p0x for all the hard work etc etc

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

yea, no stealthers will be in warhammer
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Treeeebeard
Emerald Rider

Post by Treeeebeard »

Somewhere they posted this about stealth in War.
The Truth About Stealth in WAR

Our current stealth system is actually entirely client-side and offers exactly the same quality of experience to EVERY career in the game. That's right. EVERYONE will be able to use stealth in exactly the same way.

The down side is that it will place additional hardware requirements into the min specs for the game, but hey, sacrifices must be made. We've worked with various notable hardware vendors to make sure things will work smoothly for nearly everyone, but you should still consult your manufacturer's documentation to make sure you're fully supported.

The basic way it will work is this:

- Login.
- Create the character of your choosing.
- Load up the game.
- Start running around, when you're ready to stealth, simply reach over and turn off your monitor.
- Continue playing, enjoying the awesome power of TOTAL INVISIBILITY.

Again, I can't stress enough the importance of checking the documentation for your particular hardware. MAKE SURE you have a monitor that can be turned off. The power switch may, in some cases, be a button. It may also be on the left or right side of the monitor or (though this is rare) somewhere in-between. We've had limited reports of power switches on the BACK or sides of monitors, but have been unable to replicate them in-house.

As a final work around if you simply can't find or operate the power switch, you can physically unplug the power cable from the monitor. Make sure you have the latest Service Pack installed beforehand.

I hope this clears things up and gets everyone super-excited about stealth!
Hib/Pry
Marsh horde
Treeeebeard Hollowhead <Animist> ML10 RR5 Grandmaster talior

Alb/Exc

TheBigSmurth <Sorceress> 50 RR2

:treeee:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

tbh it's a shame really because it probably also means soloing is largely dead. Stealth isn't in itself a bad thing, it's just Mythic would rather not bother at all than implement a decent stealth mechanism, something which they failed at miserably in DAoC.

Many people like the concept of stealth, just not it's implementation in DAoC, scrapping it altogether seems a of a lazy way out. This does bother me in a way, because it kinda suggests Mythic is still incapable of following sensible, well thought out plans and is still going to the extreme when it comes to class design/changes - it's this kind of method that landed us with pre-nerf bonedancers, savages, bainshees, sorcs and so on.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Maybe it's just Mythic realising that they suck at stealthers so deciding not to spoil the game by including their sucky version?

I have to agree though, I can't see how you can have a good solo "Sub-game" without at least some ability to hide.

Every MMORPG decision that has dropped solo ability has also been reversed pretty quickly. DDO being the classic example, at release you needed to group after a certain low level, the next patch released solo content despite Turbine initially saying they wouldn't.

Return to “Warhammer Online”