Europe beta open for registrations

Home for Warhammer Online players
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Luz wrote:I signed up and my PC is still intact.

Well lucky that I dont give a crap about homepages and care more about the game!
Good for you Luz.

Shame about those people with large monitors who can't change the font size to make the site readable/useable, or those with disabilities who wont be able to sign up though eh? :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

I signed up :)

/Ankh

Erce

Post by Erce »

I also went round in circles, gave a chcuckle and left.

So its the javascript eh? hmm well seems slightly wierd that you are just left looking at an empty scrren, guess they don;t want techno noobs like me signing up doh:

<wonders where her javascript is>
Erce..animist (retired)
Erehey..VW (retired)

druid in wow....(retired )

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Only the people complaining post on forums. The people are happy with the site dont post and just sign-up. They chose to do it in this way..dont like it dont use it...Still want to play the game..suck it up and just use it

And seriously..do you think people who are disabled _and_ can not handle that site will be playing an online game....
finland:
holland:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Quinlan wrote:Only the people complaining post on forums. The people are happy with the site dont post and just sign-up. They chose to do it in this way..dont like it dont use it...Still want to play the game..suck it up and just use it
Great business sense that - who cares if people can't/don't want to use the site, we don't want them anyway! As I said it's not even just about the usability of the site, whilst that in itself is a problem it's evidence that GOA still just doesn't understand how to run a professional service despite such promises of change! Following standards and accessibility recommendations are just good practice for any business wanting to maximise their userbase, a low userbase being a problem that's plagued the English speaking DAoC servers in some way or another since day 1.
Quinlan wrote:And seriously..do you think people who are disabled _and_ can not handle that site will be playing an online game....
Yes. Just not DAoC Europe.

When Mythic did a site redesign of the Camelot Herald they specifically requested people with disabilities give feedback on site usability and as a result, made some changes to ensure it was accessible to these people. Blizzard also did massive studies into the usability of their UI system for WoW amongst those with colour blindness and poor vision.

Erce

Post by Erce »

Quinlan wrote: And seriously..do you think people who are disabled _and_ can not handle that site will be playing an online game....
Yep, enjoyed the company of a few disable people in my time ingame.

Edit: Finally managed to register, the site doesn;t support opera as far as I could see (couldn't d/l dxdiag with it) and their email ended up in my spam box...
Erce..animist (retired)
Erehey..VW (retired)

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Xest wrote:Great business sense that - who cares if people can't/don't want to use the site, we don't want them anyway!
Then go play on the US...they have it nothing you can do about it besides not giving them your money
finland:
holland:

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

personally I see it as an opportunity to bitch and moan about GOA without having to pay for the privelige ;)
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Erce

Post by Erce »

[quote="Takitothemacs"]personally I see it as an opportunity to bitch and moan about GOA without having to pay for the privelige ]

And what a bargain! >:)
Erce..animist (retired)
Erehey..VW (retired)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Quinlan wrote:Then go play on the US...they have it nothing you can do about it besides not giving them your money
Well I intend to but that doesn't mean I don't have the right to point out that GOA really don't appear to have changed at all despite saying they have :p

Return to “Warhammer Online”