Jesus Camp Trailer

A forum for anyhing not game related.
<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Jesus Camp Trailer

Post by <ankh> »

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Very encouraging in my opinion and not in the least bit surprising. There's no doubt in my mind that evil is increasing in the world and I believe that God is using these Jesus camps to raise up whole new generations to fight that evil in his name, so that those who do not yet believe may one day come to believe.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Gandelf wrote:Very encouraging in my opinion and not in the least bit surprising. There's no doubt in my mind that evil is increasing in the world and I believe that God is using these Jesus camps to raise up whole new generations to fight that evil in his name, so that those who do not yet believe may one day come to believe.
Gandelf - with all respect...this movie is scary...they arent better than Hitler Jugend or any muslim fanatics. And the thought of 1/4 of US being like this is scary.

Edit: When kids say they are ready to die for jesus - something is definitly wrong Gandelf.

Edit2: I dont belive in god, but I don't think you should force your beliefs on children. They will decide what they belive when they grow up and can do perfectly well without brainwash.

Edit3: I know your a christian Gandelf, and Im not gonna insult your religion or talk shite about it...but I was chocked when I read your reply to this thread.

/Ankh

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

oh .. crap

nothing different there but the language they talk.
Looked like the stereotype of "terrorists" being raised, only theese ones talk english.

That people use religion to controll others like this is awfull and disqusting.
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

<ankh> wrote:Gandelf - with all respect...this movie is scary...they arent better than Hitler Jugend or any muslim fanatics. And the thought of 1/4 of US being like this is scary.

Edit: When kids say they are ready to die for jesus - something is definitly wrong Gandelf.

Edit2: I dont belive in god, but I don't think you should force your beliefs on children. They will decide what they belive when they grow up and can do perfectly well without brainwash.

Edit3: I know your a christian Gandelf, and Im not gonna insult your religion or talk ****e about it...but I was chocked when I read your reply to this thread.

/Ankh

Response to first edit: I'm sure that when they say "die" for Jesus, they don't mean "die" as in the sense of being suicide bombers, or anything like that. Jesus himself, was crucified for what he believed and he permitted it to happen because of his love for everyone. He did not use extreme violence, but extreme love. Therefore, Jesus is the role-model for his followers. Anyone who is a true born-again Christian would never resort to extreme violence, because it goes entirely against what they believe. But, they would willingly die for him out of love for others, i.e. sacrificing themselves in a peaceful manner.Those who would commit acts of extreme violence are not true Christians. They may say they are, but they can't be, because if they were truly born-again, it would be impossible for them to do so. This is probably true for a lot of religions... there are those who are true followers and those who say they are, but aren't, or are mistaken in believing they are. In my opinion, those who went to capture the Holy Lands during the Crusades were not born-again Christians, but Medieaval terrorists. Also, the Christian faith does not adhere to a belief in a Holy War, as at least one other religion does. Tell me, when did you last hear of a Christian suicide bomber?

In response to edit 2: You could use that argument against anything. The way I see it is that there are several aspects to our existence, including mental, physical and spiritual. As adults, I believe we should cater for all those aspects with regard to bringing up our children. If we neglect any one of those aspects then we are failing in our duty to bring our children up properly. If you don't believe in God, then you will pre-disposed to bringing up your children not to believe in God, which is no different than someone who believes in God fostering a belief in God with his children. At least if you teach children about God, then you are giving them the whole picture, so that they can make a choice. If you don't, then you are not even giving them the information by which they can make a choice.

Edit: when I originally said
"There's no doubt in my mind that evil is increasing in the world and I believe that God is using these Jesus camps to raise up whole new generations to fight that evil in his name"
I didn't mean "fight" in a military or violent sense, but rather through peaceful means.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

And after the profit Jesus's crucifiction, peace and love reigned throughout the world for 2 millenia. Praise the lord.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Cromcruaich wrote:And after the profit Jesus's crucifiction, peace and love reigned throughout the world for 2 millenia. Praise the lord.

Profit? or Prophet?

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Gandelf wrote:Profit? or Prophet?
prophet.

also

http://www.ushistory.org/Paine/reason/index.htm
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Gandelf wrote:Response to first edit: I'm sure that when they say "die" for Jesus, they don't mean "die" as in the sense of being suicide bombers, or anything like that. Jesus himself, was crucified for what he believed and he permitted it to happen because of his love for everyone. He did not use extreme violence, but extreme love. Therefore, Jesus is the role-model for his followers. Anyone who is a true born-again Christian would never resort to extreme violence, because it goes entirely against what they believe. But, they would willingly die for him out of love for others, i.e. sacrificing themselves in a peaceful manner.Those who would commit acts of extreme violence are not true Christians. They may say they are, but they can't be, because if they were truly born-again, it would be impossible for them to do so. This is probably true for a lot of religions... there are those who are true followers and those who say they are, but aren't, or are mistaken in believing they are. In my opinion, those who went to capture the Holy Lands during the Crusades were not born-again Christians, but Medieaval terrorists. Also, the Christian faith does not adhere to a belief in a Holy War, as at least one other religion does. Tell me, when did you last hear of a Christian suicide bomber?

You know, there are Muslims that say exactly the same about the fundamentalists in their religion.

The thing about the suicide bomber is a bit off the mark btw, while the current Western culture frowns about such things (for religion or not), other cultures do not view it in the same light & feel it a source of honour (whether killing yourself for religious reasons or not a'la Japanese Kamakazi pilots).

While you may not intend to fight through violent means I bet a fair few of American (& possibly elsewhere) Christian fundamentalists do (George Bush & his neo-cons are backed by them so you could say they are already). It doesn't take that many to make it an issue. After all no one seriously belives that all the Muslims are taking up arms do they??? It's just a minority who are devout fundamentalists & are of the right mind set. That's different from the lot in the video (& what they could become) how?
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

Oh and ofc, there is LOADS more HONOR in dropping bombs on others while NOT blowing yourself up. While if you at the same time blow yourself up, thats terrorism. Yupp. doh:
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Return to “Off Topic”