Pointless Drivel

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Gitt

Pointless Drivel

Post by Gitt »

Ok, one last post..... bad news, it's mostly a Flame.....

Firstly, a big thanks to the mod's and members that have tried to keep this forum an intelligent, informative and entertaining site.

Secondly, a huge thanks to Hibernias great raid leaders who have continued to stand behind and motivate this community regardless of changing attitudes and diminishing population... keep up the good work!

However....

I feel this forum has descended into something that is beginning to reflect the same level of whine and un-intelligent correspondence as Freddy's House.

I am deeply annoyed that I bothered to contribute funding to what has turned out to be mostly pointless drivel.

What was once an intelligent and mature forum for the open relay of ideas, information and discussion has, on the whole, been replaced by a publicity board for attention whores, thread hijackers, witch-hunters and juvenile opinion.

Hehehe/lol is NOT a valid or intelligent opinion.

"Smilies" are NOT are replacement for an educated point of view.

There is no need to repeatedly respond to a post just because your friend did unless you have something valid or humorous to contribute... private jokes unconnected to the thread are best left to private messages imo.

Witch-hunts are not the work of reasoned and objective individuals.

Thread hijacking is inconsiderate and ignorant, thread hijacking for the purpose of attention seeking is pathetic... GET A LIFE!!!!

The mods here do a great job moving, locking, or splitting threads as warranted, but for gods sake make their life easier by THINKING before you hit the post/reply button.

Surely this isn't all that is left of the great community that was Prydwen?

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Well, as long as the posts are moved to the spam section its fine with me - but I do agree with its been incredible amount of flaming lately...and it just seem to get worse. Not sure why it's like this but I doubt it will get better once we get clustering. Tbh there will proberbly be even more of these kind of things since both excalibur players and prydwen players will concider themself to have priority over certain areas (wild guess, but thats how it proberbly will be). I don't mind the new smileys, but the constant swearing/aggro/unfriendly posts have made atleast me to start getting anoyed with a community which I was once proud to be a part of.

Edit: thought I might add that that people proberbly might see me as part of the problem in this forum...and who knows, it might just be so :) but if so - speak up and ill stop posting (or atleast reduce greatly).

/Ankh

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

dont think you are right, i was in vacancy one week and there was no witch hunt,no burnings, no blood and tears treat in this week.
Think the people only get more experianced in PVE and RVR ad there for we have less QQ treats, and tbh thats a real nice forum here with mostly nice peeps posting.

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

hmm

tbh im blaming it on the 'full moon' syndrome

peeps tend to go bonkers once in a while. Seems like its this week.

/edit

also if people notice a thread getting out of hand pm myself, Xest or lairiodd (xest better during the day as i have no internet access at work - not sure re lairiodd) and we can monitor it ;)
I have stumbled accross a few simply because i was bored and brousing posts i wouldnt normally brouse (such as traders corner O.o)

and gitt - forums have never represented the mass on hibby :)
come play again and youll see in game theyre not as bad - really :noangel:
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Dont be desillusioned but flames have been ever present on prydwen.net. The funny things is people mostly remember the 'old days' as being good and seem to forget about the whines and flames.

I can assure you there where more then enough flames on the old prydwen.net.

Btw you seem to take it all a bit to serious
finland:
holland:

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

i agree with quinlan. everyone tends to look back and say ahh givf "good old days". i distinctly remember a lot worse flames, spam and stuff like that on the old forums. Think your taking it all a bit seriously. Im sure im not the only one who comes on here to have a bit of a laugh, pass some time etc, i dont wanna be reading "ML988 pre req raid signup" if i cant be a part of it.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Anyone who remembers me when I was in my prime along with Abbadon and Svarun will know full well Prydwen.net hasn't changed in the slightest :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

Xest wrote:Anyone who remembers me when I was in my prime along with Abbadon and Svarun will know full well Prydwen.net hasn't changed in the slightest :p
not exactly the spammers now moderators :eek3

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Alexandrinus wrote:not exactly the spammers now moderators :eek3
Duh so totally besides the point

And god i forgot about abba..the posting skills where strong in that one!
finland:
holland:

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

/poke quinlan
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Return to “Off Topic”