Thandruil aka Danny

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

I'm so sad to hear this news, Ellen. Malmir just told me.

When ToA was released, I was out of work, and I spent far too much time playing DAoC. But they are happy memories, and almost all of them feature Thand (as I called him, never was one for finding out real names, which I regret now). I only knew him from the Internet, and from inside a game at that, but he was always a great guy to me and it is making my cry to think how I lost touch with him when I could have stayed friends, and how now he's not in the world anymore.

I can't imagine how much it has hurt you. You and your little boy have my deepest sympathy and best wishes.

Love,

Simon
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Earendil
Emerald Rider

Post by Earendil »

I'm lost for words... just checked back in to see how everyone was doing... Just saw this... Satyn im so so so very sorry. Thand was one of the most colourful, fun and best people Hibernia had, i xp'ed with him up to 50 and RvR'ed with him from time to time. I've only ever had the deepest respect for you and him, that never changed despite the whole Solaris guild mini crisis :(

A big hug to you and the little one. Wishing you both the best for this Christmas and New Years.

Zakoraya Wildcat
Earendil Halfelven, seasoned Eldritch.
Zakoraya Wildcat, Blademaster of Severance.

Lingering on Uthgard, the last stronghold...

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Cryn wrote:I'm so sad to hear this news, Ellen. Malmir just told me.

When ToA was released, I was out of work, and I spent far too much time playing DAoC. But they are happy memories, and almost all of them feature Thand (as I called him, never was one for finding out real names, which I regret now). I only knew him from the Internet, and from inside a game at that, but he was always a great guy to me and it is making my cry to think how I lost touch with him when I could have stayed friends, and how now he's not in the world anymore.

I can't imagine how much it has hurt you. You and your little boy have my deepest sympathy and best wishes.

Love,

Simon
hey hun,

Yes everyone knew him as Thand, always cheerfull and helpfull. Nobody knew his dark secret .. not even me :( untill that last weekend.

Dont slap yourself for not staying in touch. **** like that happens. When i quit daoc at first i stayed in touch with loads of ppl and in the end there were only a few left ...

I've replied to your email as well, stay in touch :)

Ellen x
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Earendil wrote:I'm lost for words... just checked back in to see how everyone was doing... Just saw this... Satyn im so so so very sorry. Thand was one of the most colourful, fun and best people Hibernia had, i xp'ed with him up to 50 and RvR'ed with him from time to time. I've only ever had the deepest respect for you and him, that never changed despite the whole Solaris guild mini crisis :(

A big hug to you and the little one. Wishing you both the best for this Christmas and New Years.

Zakoraya Wildcat
Thx hun, same for you :) x
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Me and the little one moved back in with my parents for a while. Been here for a month now and hopefully when i'm able to save a bit i can move out again soon. I didnt wana stay at my old place anymore, i couldnt breath there. Most of the time i just took off cos i couldnt handle the place .. but it becomes a bit difficult when it happens in the middle of the night.

Its been little over 4 months now .. time just flies by... I'll be ok and looks like my boy will be ok as well and thats the most important thing!

Thx again for the support, i'm keeping all these posts for my son for when he's older. He can read for himself then how ppl thought of his daddy. Cos thats what i'm affraid off, i'm affraid to forget stuff ... i'm affraid that in 10 years he's gona ask me stuff and i wont be able to remember...

Anyway, all the best for the new year and a merry christmas to all :)

Ellen x

oh btw ... some pics of Danny :)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12148&id=100000168548314&l=d84803d9da

Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Late as ever.... (tbh I only remembered this place due to the birthday email I got).

So sorry to hear about this - only knew both of you a little through NE alliance back in the day. Still a lurch to realise that these things happen in rl (well it's not but that's another story and it's still not good).

Probably a good thing to move out & get some space for yourself so you can get back on your feet.

Wouldn't worry too much about forgetting things to tell your son - it's strange what you can remember with just a little prompting. The people around you will remember the things you forget & that will help you remember to pass those things on.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas yourself & enjoy the New Year.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

GigaMancer
Emerald Rider

Post by GigaMancer »

Im sorry to hear this news Satyn

Was only just thinking about him and everybody else thismorning, wishing you all a happy new year, like i do most years, but this is sad news to me :(

I hope your keeping well after so long and the little one too (viggo?) keep your head above the water hun

Thand was a great guy, fun and intelligent, always enjoyed the raids with him

I havn't been on these forums for quite along time

Be safe ok, take care
My heart goes out to you ellen

Veg

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

GigaMancer wrote:Im sorry to hear this news Satyn

Was only just thinking about him and everybody else thismorning, wishing you all a happy new year, like i do most years, but this is sad news to me :(

I hope your keeping well after so long and the little one too (viggo?) keep your head above the water hun

Thand was a great guy, fun and intelligent, always enjoyed the raids with him

I havn't been on these forums for quite along time

Be safe ok, take care
My heart goes out to you ellen

Veg
Vegeta is that you?
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Evulweebeastie
Emerald Rider

Post by Evulweebeastie »

Wow, I'm so shocked and sad to hear this. Just logged on here to see if anyone still uses the forum and saw this. He was a good man and always had fun with him. Grouped with him so many times in RvR and had loads of fun in his guild. Been in shock for the last 10 minutes thinking about all the times i've had in DAoC together. Hope your doing ok. Sorry its abit late. Xx
Hibernia on Prydwen
  • [INDENT]Evulweebeastie RR5l0 Nightshade[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Aklaim RR3L1 Animist[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Tibet RR3 Enchanter[/INDENT]

Camlann Home of PvP
  • [INDENT]Huggle RR4l5 Minstrel[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Phooney RR3l8 Eldritch[/INDENT]

Bugzy The Ubar Bard!!111one wrote:a insta mezz takes less than a second to cast,

GigaMancer
Emerald Rider

Post by GigaMancer »

Satyn wrote:Vegeta is that you?
Yes it is satyn

Return to “Off Topic”