Pointless Drivel

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

and on topic again O.o all the flame posts are doing something positive!
Theyre increasing the censor box ;)
(til xest stops being jet lagged and actually fills the thing)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Gitt

Post by Gitt »

:cheeky: Hmm, I'm not doing terribly well at this last post business, but then again I was never one to back away from a confrontation.

..An interesting variety of responses, some valid and reasoned opinions (from both sides of the fence) and some of the usual pointless, unintelligent drivel.. but then again I did post this in the spam section where it belongs so I can hardly complain about that :D

I deliberately avoided naming specific individuals or groups within my first post but as some people seem to take it personally and as others deserve a more direct reply, I shall endeavour to oblige..

Quinlan: yes, perhaps I do take it all a little seriously sometimes... but I think not quite as seriously as the people who start building bonfires and waving pitchforks every time an accusation is made before any solid evidence has been presented, before hearing both sides of the story, without being witness to or part of the events and in one case before there was even a "criminal"...

Quinlan/Thandruil: If you refer to my original post you will see that at no point did I "cry" about the use of this forum for flaming (an oversight on my part admitedly).

Might I suggest that in future you take the time to read and understand a post before responding? I know this doesn't come naturally to some people but I am sure you can manage it if you try :cheeky:

Satyn: Ever so sorry to disappoint you by posting again my dear, but as you said.. freedom of speech and all that..

I have no complaints about the quality, or lack thereof, of posts and chatter in the spam section.. I choose to assign my own posts there as I feel that is where they belong. My complaint was regarding the main part of this forum where spam is neither useful nor nescessary.

I was not refering to any specific individual with my comment regarding attention whores, however if you wish to assume the title then I wouldn't like to disagree.. apparently anyone who ever disagrees with you is a dickhead :cheeky:

Thankfully you are kind natured enough to tollerate and stay in contact with dickheads... even, it seems, the one's that specifically ask you not to :D

As for avoiding reading threads that annoy me, a phrase involving pots and kettles springs to mind my dear girl ;)

Anyway, good to see at least some community spirit being demonstrated, even if I am the outcast heretic this time.. its given me a little entertainment at least, hope I haven't stood on anyones overly sensitive toes :)

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Gitt wrote:Anyway, good to see at least some community spirit being demonstrated, even if I am the outcast heretic this time.. its given me a little entertainment at least, hope I haven't stood on anyones overly sensitive toes :)

does that mean we can grab the pitchforks etc?

<looks longingly at stockpile>

and - dont go :(
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Argyleyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Argyleyn »

all the same to me...
post counts dont count really
It depends really, i remember the old prydwen.net had done something to promote posting at some point and Malev and some others had gone into an unbelievable spamming frenzy to get bigger postcount, which was quite hilarious until some people found it a bit annoying and Tenpit took it off. Really can't remember what the reward for big postcount was though and it's really bugging me, my memory can't be that bad and years have passed too quickly!
Argyleyn, ex raven ardent prime prestidigitist.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

yea was the store.
You posted more to get certain things such as avtars, user titles etc
however in this forum all you need to do is donate to get your own usertitle :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

with respect Gitt these forums have actually become softer. I have a distinct memory of Xest and others frying people and generally flaming them on a regular basis before hand. Now he has become an institution I think he has lost some of that old zip. All the notion of pitchforks etc. from my perspective has always been comical and something not to be taken too seriously. If you do then I am afraid you probably need some form of medication.

So ok you can't have it both ways though - I challenge you to name some flame threads (with links) and tell us why those support your rather lame claim that prydwen.net has become FH-esque and why you think the community which was once great has become so bad. You made the claim and in the interests of a debate you never even provided the evidence. So maybe you aren't really trying to help things by making a flame without citing your evidence....

Don't just come in here with a pitch fork of your own and wave it about. Which is of course what you just did.

I love a bit of hypocrisy in the morning it makes my coffee smell much more bitter. :)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

[quote="Gitt"]:cheeky: Hmm, I'm not doing terribly well at this last post business, but then again I was never one to back away from a confrontation.

..An interesting variety of responses, some valid and reasoned opinions (from both sides of the fence) and some of the usual pointless, unintelligent drivel.. but then again I did post this in the spam section where it belongs so I can hardly complain about that :D

I deliberately avoided naming specific individuals or groups within my first post but as some people seem to take it personally and as others deserve a more direct reply, I shall endeavour to oblige..

Quinlan: yes, perhaps I do take it all a little seriously sometimes... but I think not quite as seriously as the people who start building bonfires and waving pitchforks every time an accusation is made before any solid evidence has been presented, before hearing both sides of the story, without being witness to or part of the events and in one case before there was even a "criminal"...

Quinlan/Thandruil: If you refer to my original post you will see that at no point did I "cry" about the use of this forum for flaming (an oversight on my part admitedly).

Might I suggest that in future you take the time to read and understand a post before responding? I know this doesn't come naturally to some people but I am sure you can manage it if you try :cheeky:

Satyn: Ever so sorry to disappoint you by posting again my dear, but as you said.. freedom of speech and all that..

I have no complaints about the quality, or lack thereof, of posts and chatter in the spam section.. I choose to assign my own posts there as I feel that is where they belong. My complaint was regarding the main part of this forum where spam is neither useful nor nescessary.

I was not refering to any specific individual with my comment regarding attention whores, however if you wish to assume the title then I wouldn't like to disagree.. apparently anyone who ever disagrees with you is a dickhead :cheeky:

Thankfully you are kind natured enough to tollerate and stay in contact with dickheads... even, it seems, the one's that specifically ask you not to :D

As for avoiding reading threads that annoy me, a phrase involving pots and kettles springs to mind my dear girl ]
I think you just have to accept that on the internet people are more likely to want to go on a witchhunt but on the same it also means there should be more incentive for people to not put themselves in a situation where they will be witch hunted unless they can take the consequences. As nice as it'd be to implement a full blown fair court system or whatever on the internet it'll just never happen, the internet is the last bastion of free speech and people should be allowed to make use of that with minimal censorship being applied only where minors and/or quality of the chat medium in question need to be protected.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

[quote="Gitt"]:cheeky: Hmm, I'm not doing terribly well at this last post business, but then again I was never one to back away from a confrontation.

As for avoiding reading threads that annoy me, a phrase involving pots and kettles springs to mind my dear girl ]

omg i'm so honoured my dear to see you took time in your life to dedicate half of your post to me. This has touched me deeple.

and let me say one more thing.... FO!
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Gitt wrote: Quinlan: yes, perhaps I do take it all a little seriously sometimes... but I think not quite as seriously as the people who start building bonfires and waving pitchforks every time an accusation is made before any solid evidence has been presented, before hearing both sides of the story, without being witness to or part of the events and in one case before there was even a "criminal"...
Oww how cute /em pats Gitt on the head. One day your cluelesness might dissapear. That day might be found with rejoice in your heart and a new will in your body. There is more then enough evidence out there. I understand some people cant understand it yet but if you try i think you can one day make it :cheeky:
Gitt wrote: Quinlan/Thandruil: If you refer to my original post you will see that at no point did I "cry" about the use of this forum for flaming (an oversight on my part admitedly).

Well i can understand that in your book you only cry when you dont get the cookie or the lollypop. Yet there are others definitions to crying then the ones you are exposed too. I am sorry Thand and me use definitions you can not understand yet :(

I been looking through your last posts. And lately you have become like a stuck record. I am amazed you arent bored of yourself yet. But then again reading your capacities in your post you shows alot.

I am really sorry you left the game. The community in the game will never be the same again.For the community outside of the game. Well the day of change there still has to come.
finland:
holland:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

So much h8
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Off Topic”