Ankh Morpork

WTS 7.10 off topic posts

Post by Ankh Morpork »

yepp, he sure did.

/Ankh

Scabs
Emerald Rider

Post by Scabs »

Imo then lock / delete this thread and delete each and every thread he makes trying to sell it.

I have resisted the little man inside my head telling me to flame the ..... no stop. telling me to flame him.

This is just silly, people like this should go back to alb/excal or just delete there accounts
WAR! - K8 Peaks

Snozzle - 27 Shaman. drunk:

Guild - Pestis
Alliance - Squig Quo Pro
Members - Heavy Metal, Pestis, Brutal DeLuxe, Nocturnal Dawn, BLONDIIN PINGVIIN, De Gale Trolde fra Nord

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

To the people trashing Plac and who's posts have been deleted:

He wants to sell it for 60P. If you think it is to high just ignore the post instead of whining and it will drop of the page fast and probably will be unsold.

Another idea would be to make another thread to complain about the prices. But keep the auction thread clear.
finland:
holland:

Erce

Post by Erce »

Quinlan wrote:He wants to sell it for 60P. If you think it is to high just ignore the post instead of whining and it will drop of the page fast and probably will be unsold.
people are entitled to say what they think, as long as they are polite...as far as i can see, no one was whining and if fact the OP saw it was too high...... the moderation on these boards is bordering on the over powered -IMHO ofc

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

I think the moderators need to make it clear when they are expressing their own opinion and when they are moderating. Quinlan has always (from what I can see) made a point of criticising people for complaining, but it would be wrong if it now appeared trivial complaints received moderator intervention.

After all, it's just a web forum. It's not like it can do any harm for people to express their opinions as long as they remain polite. Weight of opinion is - ultimately - how a lot of change gets motivated and stifling opinion will stifle the development of a community/society.

Quinlan may be tired of seeing complaints about high prices, but then some people are tired of seeing high prices. If the advice is to keep quiet instead of making a complaint, why is Quinlan not keeping quiet?
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Plac
Emerald Rider

Post by Plac »

Give and offer and stop spam :(
Alb - INACTIVE
Placador Merc lvl 51 ML10
Caby Cabalist lvl 51 ML10

Mid - ACTIVE!!!

Hib - INACTIVE :(
Elwarden Warden lvl 50 ML10
Setaman Animist lvl 50 ML8
Placz Ranger lvl 48 ML0 ( Soon ML10, 3rd ML RUSH INC)

Nejtun
Emerald Rider

Post by Nejtun »

i dont mind spamming your thread , as this was the only decent thing that dropped on that blasted ml 7 raid at the weekend which you preclaimed to sell in our faces the next day :B i hope it gets creases in it and someone uses it to wipe a trolls bum
Nejtun Eld ML10 Convoker
Mwa Enchanter ML10 Convoker
Nayten Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Qois Ranger ML10 Sojourner
Blam Dr00D ML10 Perfector
<Guildmaster Incorporated>
ChungalungaWarlock :O( fun for 5 minutes )
Coal Hunter
Natheh BD

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Erce wrote:people are entitled to say what they think, as long as they are polite...as far as i can see, no one was whining and if fact the OP saw it was too high...... the moderation on these boards is bordering on the over powered -IMHO ofc
The message was ment to people who's posts that got deleted earlier. Which i now made clearer in my post.
finland:
holland:

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Cryn wrote:I think the moderators need to make it clear when they are expressing their own opinion and when they are moderating. Quinlan has always (from what I can see) made a point of criticising people for complaining, but it would be wrong if it now appeared trivial complaints received moderator intervention.

After all, it's just a web forum. It's not like it can do any harm for people to express their opinions as long as they remain polite. Weight of opinion is - ultimately - how a lot of change gets motivated and stifling opinion will stifle the development of a community/society.

Quinlan may be tired of seeing complaints about high prices, but then some people are tired of seeing high prices. If the advice is to keep quiet instead of making a complaint, why is Quinlan not keeping quiet?
Since you cant see the deleted posts of which some where pretty offensive it is hard for you to comment.

And for the rest a normal Cryn post...
finland:
holland:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

hey hey

i havent gone yet
no full moon til i go :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia